PDA

View Full Version : PCOOA 19th convention - Indy

MOstang
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Here are a few items some of you may be interested.

Link to the photos I took during the PCOOA 19th convention:
http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/mustangs/1993-ford-mustang-s/car-shows--detroit-mi/pcooa/

Link to video I posted on Youtube from my 93 Missouri State Hwy Patrol SSP while taking lap around the Iny Motor Speedway. A spot early in the video you'll want to fast forward as I was trying to get situated and out on the track. Once you get past that the video will stay pretty consistent. In front of me are Ron in his Indiana SSP and then in front of him is Aaron in his Alabama SSP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqzXdW678TA

We had around 12 diff't SSP's in and out of various portions of the convention. A nice showing and the SSP's earned about 12 or so different awards during the awards dinner reception.

MOstang
07-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Here's link to video I took of the light show...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueX70xgcEQE

NoDrama43
07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I read a news blurb somewhere that stated there were only approximately 30 cars at this show? Is that correct?

MOstang
07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
That # is probably close, although I was thinking # travelling to diff't events was 35. That's at least # that sticks in my head. Our # of SSP's fluctuated between about 9 and 12 depending upon day and event. The # of other cars also fluctuated depending on day/event too.

ImEvil1
07-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Nice pics. Can't say I'm a fan of "light shows" but at least it was monitored by LE and done in a professional manner.

MOstang
07-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Nice pics. Can't say I'm a fan of "light shows" but at least it was monitored by LE and done in a professional manner.
The Indiana State Patrol, who participated there, chose forum member Jim Dorien's FHP Mustang for an award.

ssp91ssp
07-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Mike , great pics !! looks like you guys had a blast !:thumbsup:

ImEvil1
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
The Indiana State Patrol, who participated there, chose forum member Jim Dorien's FHP Mustang for an award.

That's nice. I saw them on the vid.

NoDrama43
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
That # is probably close, although I was thinking # travelling to diff't events was 35. That's at least # that sticks in my head. Our # of SSP's fluctuated between about 9 and 12 depending upon day and event. The # of other cars also fluctuated depending on day/event too.

wow......I figured there would be a huge turnout for this event but judging by the pictures it looks to be mostly SSP cars. Glad to see the use of emergency lights was done in a responsible fashion at this one. :2thumbs:

CNTLOSE
07-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Another good thing about the light show was it put Jim and I in contact with a retired FHP Captain. We talked for awhile with him and then to our surprise he showed up at the show on Sat. to give us some special FHP items. I received a brand new FHP hat badge and FHP colar brass still in the plastic. I believe Jim received a FHP badge...but I can not swear to it. Michael the owner of the other FHP received something as well.

It was a great show and strong showing of SSP Mustangs!

ImEvil1
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Another good thing about the light show was it put Jim and I in contact with a retired FHP Captain. We talked for awhile with him and then to our surprise he showed up at the show on Sat. to give us some special FHP items. I received a brand new FHP hat badge and FHP colar brass still in the plastic. I believe Jim received a FHP badge...but I can not swear to it. Michael the owner of the other FHP received something as well.

It was a great show and strong showing of SSP Mustangs!

That was nice of him. I would have been happier to hear that he showed up with a box full of JSS switchboxes and correct decklights, but I guess you can use that other stuff for neat display items. :)

MOstang
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I forgot about that Matt...pretty nice of him to show up w/the goodies.

MOstang
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
wow......I figured there would be a huge turnout for this event but judging by the pictures it looks to be mostly SSP cars.
Although I've been a member for a few years, this is my first attendance at one of their events. Not sure how this # compares with other years but guessing the economy has reduced the #'s. Fortunately gas prices aren't any worse. To attend a 4 night event the cost can add up between hotel, food and gas.

mbe2598
07-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I have been to two other PCOOA Conventions and done mini shows & parades. They are a lot of fun. Some of the guys are retired cops and others in any and all works of life. Its the friendship and hobby of Police Cars. Each show brings out diffrent cars and makes. We got lucky in Indy with 12 SSP showing. The economy is hurting as people just dont spend that extra dollar. Next year the 20th will be in KCMO and I would hope that more would give this a go.

I did recieve a FHP troopers badge, colar brass and one of his old brown shirts with patches. This fellow had no knowledge of us in town, stumbled upon us at the light show and was a retired Capt. of the FHP. I got to talk to him more the next day at the car show. He is in his late 70"s and I feel had start of alzheimers. He was moved up to Indy from Florida to live with his daughter. I never got a full name or address, but he does have my card and I hope he gets in touch with me. The more I thought about it, he had a great life and career with the FHP, saw our cars, and the old memory was working.

He was talking to three guys, who had a strong interest in the FHP, perserving some history, and listened to him. You know his daughter is not. I honestly think that is why we all recieved the items that we did, and he knew we would perserve his items and show the FHP, professionally the way he would want it done. Just meeting him and talking to him was worth the trip.

The light show, was judged on " Officer Safety"& "Originality ". This was the first one I have done with PCOOA. 12 SSP guys had a mini convention of their own and had a lot of fun for three days. I enjoyed and I hope that in the planning for next year we can draw a lot more interest in doing things, seeing some law enforcement history and city highlights as well as doing just the same old car show stuff. Its more fun driving these cars and allowing everyone to enjoy our TLC cars.

Hope to see everyone with SSP in KCMO next summer.