PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to stop this now!

wsharp227
04-04-2007, 09:56 PM
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=44172

predator20
04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I couldn't look at the pics but I think it is Tom Tates car. I would have thought whoever bought it, would restore it. That sucks really bad!!!!!

wsharp227
04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Im really sick to my stomach...............

ImEvil1
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree with you 100%, but good luck over on that board. I got into it with "V8only" over there after he posted about buying a 1982 no-option, 106K original-mile coupe, and he then proceeded to post pics of he and his brother hacking up the car (read: pulling the original, unmolested motor/tranny and swapping in who-knows-what, while "giving" the original engine away).

Here is a link to the last thread, with a final footnote there from one of the Admins.
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=43037

wsharp227
04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh I read it and threw up.

SSPGARY
04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
That really sucks! I was hoping it was still April 1st and it was a sick joke. Hopefully the guy sells it and buys a 4 banger instead.:(

wsharp227
04-04-2007, 10:16 PM
:( :confused: :eek: :(
I wish I had a car to trade him to hack up. People are so damn illiterate!!!!

NoDrama43
04-04-2007, 11:16 PM
maybe the new buyer wasn't briefed on the rarity of the car when he showed up with the all important, number one product..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:rolleyes:

ImEvil1
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
It looks that way, guys. He posted on FEP and looks like he's registering here, now. :)

Alan
04-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I am the "illiterate" owner of this vehicle. Guess I may ruffle some feathers here....

I'm not going to hack it up. It won't find its way wrapped around a tree or face-planted into a retaining wall at a local track. It isn't going to find its way on concrete blocks behind a trailer. It also won't be a trailer queen...it will see regular street use and some weekend track time.

It will be semi-restored to its former glory, however no black/tan FHP color scheme since it will be a street driven vehicle. I've learned this car is a bit more rare than I had originally thought, so my ambitions may have to be toned down a bit. Anything I do to this car will be completely reversable (with probably the exception of weld-in subframe connectors...a foxbody necessity).

ImEvil1
04-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Alan,

Wynne was frustrated, like many of us get when we see one of these cars being destroyed, when he saw your post over there. I think "illiterate" may have been the wrong word to use, but I can certainly understand why he posted what he did.

Check out the FHP Agency Resto section and feel free to ask any questions here. That car is extremely rare and deserves to be restored. Maybe we can get you to change your mind a bit on your future plans with it, or find you a roller to use instead.

Welcome to the board.

NoDrama43
04-05-2007, 12:32 AM
as rare as that car is it needs to be restored. no sub frames welded in because with the stock motor that is the LAST thing the car needs. If you want a street/track car PLEASE buy a 4 banger and build away. I know several people that would be very interested in buying the FHP car from you at a profit to you if you would rather sell it than mod it.

the car is very rare.

welcome to the board.

predator20
04-05-2007, 12:51 AM
NoDrama43 makes a good point about the sub-frame connectors. Mustang coupes have the stiffest chassis you can get from the factory. While they won't take a 400 horsepower engine, I think they can take a 175 horse one.

Alan
04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Hopefully this won't start any drama...but I need some help understanding this group. I'm curious why the general consensus of this site is completely against anyone doing anything but a purist restoration to one of these vehicles.

When done correctly, upgraded parts won't destroy the value or the collectability (if that is even a word) of the vehicle. Not that it would compare to an '84 Mustang, but take a look at your average HEMI Mopar up for sale/auction. Those with proper upgraded suspensions and mechanicals still sell well into the 6-figure range...so long as the majority of the car is still original. Despite the aftermarket upgrades these cars are highly sought after and considered a collectable.

For a more realistic comparison, take a look at the SVO community. The SVO is arguable the rarest Foxbody built (I had only one of 560-something in Oxford White built in 1986). When I was a part of it we embraced any owner who maintained the spirit of the SVO...whether it was through a purist restoration or building it to go fender-to-fender out on the track. So long as you weren't parting an SVO out for profit we all got along, because we were all working towards one goal: the preservation of the SVO. Curious why that isn't the case here....why can't one preserve an SSP and still have fun with it?

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the attitude I'm getting here is a bit on the extreme side. The way you talked about me in this thread you'd think I were planning to back half the car and throw a big block under the hood.

predator20
04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Some members don't want you to change anything on the car. Some also don't care what you do, I' am one of them. But when you have a car as original as the 84 FHP you have. You would be better off buying a roller to make a open track car out of it. It seems like you don't plan on changing much to the car now. Since you have been informed of the rarity of the car. It is also hard to find any SSP with the kind of documentation your car came with. It is your car and you can do what you want to it. Also don't let some of the members here, get to you.

ImEvil1
04-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Alan,

We're not here to bash anyone who doesn't agree with what we are about, and opinions on cars are as diverse as the membership here is. We as SSP collectors are fanatical about these cars, and I personally hate to see one modded and abused. Multiply that feeling times about 100 with the car you have. Florida only ordered 50 in 1984, and I only know of 2 others (possibly three). That's not to say that more aren't out there, but none others exist that are in the collector circles that we frequent. With that said, I personally have no problem with an SSP that is modded. There are plenty of cars that are missing the original drivetrains, were wrecked and rebuilt, drag-raced when they came out of service, etc. etc. I even thought about buying one that had already been modded to use as a daily driver. I guess what I'm saying is that your car, much like any other 4-eyed SSP, is rare and deserves to be properly restored. ANY pre-87 SSP is fairly rare, but the '82-'84 cars are even moreso.

That was the point I was trying to make over on FEP. That guy took an original, SURVIVOR (much like your FHP car) and ripped out the drivetrain. That car made it 25 years without being messed with, and no one over there blinked an eye about it. If he would have posted that he was doing an aero-conversion, he probably would have been banned. I guess I really don't understand how preserving the outward appearance of the car is actually preserving the car.

There are plenty of fox-body cars to mod....rare, original, unmolested cars, IMHO, aren't the ones to do it with.

NoDrama43
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
the car is super rare and in excellent condition. It deserves to be restored.

Andy
04-05-2007, 10:38 PM
With regard to these cars and originality. Jim and Mike are on a mission from God!
they saved me alittle over a year ago and for that I am forever grateful!
http://www.mobilepodcast.org/pics/bluesbrothers.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/30rl4c3.jpg
but Hey....don't let my post influence your decision?

wsharp227
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
illiterate (adj.) Ignorant of the fundamentals of a given art or branch of knowledge: musically illiterate, mathmaticly illiterate.

Alan, Im illiterate as far as electricity. I know nothing about it.
I wasnt being disrespectful, I was floored by your initial intent. I have an 85 CHP that was hacked to hell when I bought it so I did research and found out everything I could about the car. I am not going to restore it to original but I will maintain the essence of the car. I bet if you would get the guys here to run some numbers, just beside the SSP fact, I bet that car is as rare as they come. Just do us all a favor, think about it. There is a million cars you could have fun with and not take another car away from our hobby.

Texaspony87
04-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Like they say on XM radio....."if you lived it, you understand it!". Case in point. On the recent Barrett-Jackson FLA. auction, notice how much more value was held and perceived on the "numbers matching" cars. What more can I say? Pure is just that. Our credo.

Alan
04-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I may entertain the thought of selling the car after a bit of a clean-up. Needs some TLC under the hood and I think the paint may still be good enough to be buffed to a shine.

predator20
04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Let us know how much your are looking to get for it. I 'am sure somebody will take it off your hands.

NoDrama43
04-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Alan,

I will buy the car from you the way it is right now without you doing anything else to it.

pm me your phone number or call me at 513 520hyphen3335. (cell)

thanks
Jim

Alan
04-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Let us know how much your are looking to get for it. I 'am sure somebody will take it off your hands.

Now knowing just how rare this car is, particularly for the condition it is in...it would have to make it somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k to be worth my while to sell it now. Otherwise I'll probably hang onto it and slowly restore it just to sell it for a whole lot more down the road.

predator20
04-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Now knowing just how rare this car is, particularly for the condition it is in...it would have to make it somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k to be worth my while to sell it now. Otherwise I'll probably hang onto it and slowly restore it just to sell it for a whole lot more down the road.

That is a little too much for me. You probably need to talk to Jim Young (NoDrama43). If not him, somebody else might want it.

mustangretriever
04-07-2007, 03:43 PM
...it would have to make it somewhere in the neighborhood of $6k to be worth my while to sell it now.

Didn't you just buy it for $3500 (or less)?

ImEvil1
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM

What he said.

Jim would probably offer you something in the neighborhood of 4K, which is a fair price. 6K is a bit extreme, especially considering what you just paid for it.

NoDrama43
04-07-2007, 05:57 PM

i am not interested at 6k. Good luck with the restoration.

Texaspony87
04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I am having trouble keeping my mouth shut..... but I will.

Andy
04-07-2007, 07:46 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/4cjk6e1.jpg

SSPGARY
04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I am having trouble keeping my mouth shut..... but I will.
Ditto!:exactly:

wsharp227
04-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoDrama43
04-07-2007, 08:50 PM

G G G

predator20
04-07-2007, 08:59 PM
G G G

I knew that was coming sooner or later.

CHP 3705
04-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Anyone that didn't see that coming needs an eye exam. Doug

Alan
04-09-2007, 05:25 PM
So what are you all implying?

I come in here as a new member and you guys jump down my throat for anything less than a full restoration (technically, you jumped down my throat before I was even a registered member). You convince me this is quite a rare pony, it will be worth tons of money, don't touch a thing, etc etc. Then you state I should think about selling it if I want a track car AND that there are members here who will buy it.

So instead of "hacking" this car apart, I decide to do the right thing and see if a buyer wants to take this off my hands. Do you honestly think I wouldn't ask top dollar for the car?

I didn't join this site to sell this car.

predator20
04-09-2007, 05:39 PM

I come in here as a new member and you guys jump down my throat for anything less than a full restoration (technically, you jumped down my throat before I was even a registered member). You convince me this is quite a rare pony, it will be worth tons of money, don't touch a thing, etc etc. Then you state I should think about selling it if I want a track car AND that there are members here who will buy it.

So instead of "hacking" this car apart, I decide to do the right thing and see if a buyer wants to take this off my hands. Do you honestly think I wouldn't ask top dollar for the car?

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a little bit of money off the car. But selling it for almost twice what you paid for it, is not right in my opinion. Maybe $4000, but $6000 when paid around $3500 just isn't right.

86NeSSP
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
You have a buyer that was willing to pay you 4K for it as is and that is about what it is worth at the time being. If the car were properly restored then that is another story. No one is trying to dump on you at all. We would rather see this car restored as it is in all one piece now and would make a perfect restore. The car is all numbers matching and that is very hard to find now. All anyone is trying to tell you is that the car should be restored as there were 50 of them originally sold to FHP.

I wish you the best of luck. Just don't think that the car the way it sits will bring 6K t won't.

NoDrama43
04-09-2007, 07:37 PM

First thing junior.......you got ripped when people read your BS on 4EP about hacking the car. Here at OUR site (unlike 4EP) when people talk about hacking an ssp they get there eyes gouged out.....so if you want to hack an ssp get used to people here "jumping down your throat".

If you recognize the car is rare and deserves to be restored then great, we have accomplished something. Yes the car will be worth tons of money, after you spend another 5 to 8 k on it getting the car finished.

I think you bought the car cheap, threatened to hack it up on 4EP which got our attention, then joined the site, then dangled the car in front of us as possibly being for sale, then greed got the best of you. Top dollar for your car now is 5 k depending on the condition. I offered to buy your car and waited for you to call, (you didn't). 6500.00 is more than the car is worth, ESPECIALLY now.

You are not the first person to claim to be "doing the right thing" as you try to make a huge profit on something because you know people here will be interested. We have been there and done that. Ultimately the car is yours and you can do what you want with it. If you choose to hack it don't expect any support from anyone here. If you choose to sell it hopefully you can find a buyer that will preserve the car.

Texaspony87
04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Amen Jim! We are the people that know the value of these cars. Does he honestly think anyone outside the group that could give a !@#$ about SSP's would actually give him the 6k he now wants? Going back a few posts, ignorant seems to fit. Move on big fella. Don't come in to our ballpark and tell us how to play the game! I know that this is not the best way to make friends, but you should learn that we do things for each other for the preservation of the SSP Mustang. Crapping on each other is not one of them. This kind of !@#$%&^%# just gets me steamed. Here is some tissue.

ImEvil1
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Alan,

What we were "implying" is that the car deserves a full restoration. It IS a rare car, but what I find funny is you haven't asked a single question about it.

We are here to promote the restoration of these cars, and we are very passionate about it (I'm sure you already figured that out).

We are not here to take advantage of each other, and I "honestly think" that turning a quick $500 is more than fair, given your situation. The people who will pay you "top dollar" for the car are the very people here who appreciate what the car is, and the car's potential. Now that they've seen what you paid for it, and your attitude about "top dollar", I think you'll have a difficult time getting that kind of $$ for it.

Please feel free to continue to do the right thing with the car and also to participate here. It's all about the cars. My .02.

wsharp227
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
If Alan honestly would like to preserve the car, I commend him for educating himself to the fact that the car is more than a typical Mustang. I dont support the price of $6000. $4000 is a perfectly fair price. Alan, take the 4K and find you a nice everyday Fox to have fun with. No harm done.
Choices:1. Take the 4k, buy a good car to have fun with
2. Restore the car, become a hero and triple the value in the future
3. Hack the car up,put 5k in suspension, devalue the car, will not
get your money back

Hell, 33 1/3 % winner. Sounds good to me.

jarhed123
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Allan,

I have owned several Mustangs and I spent approx. 12 years before I could afford to buy a SSP/FHP Mustang due to three kids and a lot of year in the Military (USMC). Also the wife, who is no longer :D . I was looking hard at this SSP to buy and I was going to bid $3,500 for it. Unfortunately for me, you beat me to the punch by offering before the auction was done. I finally found me a 1986 SSP/FHP for the same price.

My point is that there are people out there who have been wanting one of these four eyed SSP cars for years and if you turn this into anything else then original, you just took the opportunity away from someone else’s dream.

I ask you to do the right thing by restoring or selling to preserve the car. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but it is ultimately your car and you can let your selfishness get the best of you.

Alan
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
First thing junior.......you got ripped when people read your BS on 4EP about hacking the car. Here at OUR site (unlike 4EP) when people talk about hacking an ssp they get there eyes gouged out.....so if you want to hack an ssp get used to people here "jumping down your throat".

If you recognize the car is rare and deserves to be restored then great, we have accomplished something. Yes the car will be worth tons of money, after you spend another 5 to 8 k on it getting the car finished.

I think you bought the car cheap, threatened to hack it up on 4EP which got our attention, then joined the site, then dangled the car in front of us as possibly being for sale, then greed got the best of you. Top dollar for your car now is 5 k depending on the condition. I offered to buy your car and waited for you to call, (you didn't). 6500.00 is more than the car is worth, ESPECIALLY now.

You are not the first person to claim to be "doing the right thing" as you try to make a huge profit on something because you know people here will be interested. We have been there and done that. Ultimately the car is yours and you can do what you want with it. If you choose to hack it don't expect any support from anyone here. If you choose to sell it hopefully you can find a buyer that will preserve the car.

Best of luck to you all.

NoDrama43
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Best of luck to you all.

good luck with the car.

predator20
04-10-2007, 10:50 PM
I guess Alan isn't coming back. I 'am pretty sure he is probably going to hack the car up now.

Andy
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/best.car.movies/cars.500.jpg
He done What to a SSP MUSTANG!

svopaul
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM

That has absolutely nothing to do with it really.... I just bought a '94 GT Convertible for $1200 and turned down $5000 for it 3 days ago. I want the car...but everything has a price, if someone dangled $7K in my face I might take it....am I a GGG for that? Absolutely not. I bought the car because I wanted it, the fact that it was a steal is my good fortune and doesn't mean I have to sell it for $2,000 to be fair.

Alan had a point with the SVO Reference, I own 2 SVO's that are highly modified and I am not criticized by the SVO Community for that. Everyone had the chance to buy this car and could have contacted the seller just like Alan did or even place a bid as we discussed previously to "mark your spot"...you can't dictate what people do with their money or a car they buy....you CAN promote a good feeling of community and support the car and try to help lead someone in the general right direction but this thread while starting off that way just turned into a huge negative blow for this community by bashing this guy.

I have 2 SSP's...one IS modified and the other will be a stock restoration. I never talk about the modified one simply because the general "Air" around any SSP site is that it is taboo....which is ashame. Mine while looking totally stock is getting improvements that "I" want so that "I" can enjoy "MY" car....the minute someone tells me what I should do with "MY" car I think I'll act the same way. For this part of the Mustang Hobby it really should be looked at how some things like this come across. There are purists but you MUST understand that not everyone IS a purist and has other interests. I agree a car like this '84 is best served by restoration to original simply because of the limited numbers but forcing that down someones throat will only result in a negative response.

I also disagree about the subframe connectors....I restore cars for a living and these cars especially are flat WORN OUT by the time we get most of them and they flex badly with the unibody design. You have 2 choices....gut the car and weld up some of the seams to get the structural rigidity back or install subframe connectors. I've seen SSP's WITH frame connectors sag on a rack like a Fox convertible where the doors become hard to open! This is a fact, not myth.

I'm not attacking anyone here but I am pointing out my observations having just come across this thread in it's entirety.

predator20
04-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Did the guy that offered you $5000 for your car know you paid $1200, probably not. If he did know he would have offered considerably less, unless he had to have the car. The 84 FHP that Alan has is worth around $3500 to me, that's about how much I planned to bid on it. It may have been worth $5000 to somebody else, but knowing he paid $3500 for it. I doubt somebody would give him $6000 for it. Unless they had to have it, I don't.

ImEvil1
04-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I honestly can't blame the guy for being defensive, since things were being said before we even gave him the chance to speak up. For all we know, he wasn't told anything about the car, or its' rarity, by the seller. Who really knows?

However, once we got him on board, and he agreed to tone down the mods he previously planned, I think we had the opportunity to further educate him and see the car restored. Sadly, that didn't happen. He wasn't on here posting that he knew the car was rare, and that he was going to hack it up anyway (as we've seen in the past), nor did he appear to be trying to cause any trouble . I would have preferred to see him ask a few more questions about the car, but maybe he was reading other parts of the site (and other sites) and didn't have any.

We try to look out for each other, price-wise, because this is a pretty tight-knit community. He had no idea about that, and I can understand why he wanted to make some money on the car. I was a little put off when I first saw that, but thinking about it further....I don't think he really had a clue as to how this community likes to operate.

Some of the issue needs to be placed squarely on the person who sold him the car, at that price, to obviously not an established SSP enthusiast. I understand both sides of the Ebay bidding thing, but if Tate honestly thought that the '84 wouldn't get any bids, he was sadly mistaken.

ImEvil1
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I have 2 SSP's...one IS modified and the other will be a stock restoration. I never talk about the modified one simply because the general "Air" around any SSP site is that it is taboo....which is ashame. Mine while looking totally stock is getting improvements that "I" want so that "I" can enjoy "MY" car....the minute someone tells me what I should do with "MY" car I think I'll act the same way. For this part of the Mustang Hobby it really should be looked at how some things like this come across. There are purists but you MUST understand that not everyone IS a purist and has other interests. I agree a car like this '84 is best served by restoration to original simply because of the limited numbers but forcing that down someones throat will only result in a negative response.

This particular website does cater to "purist" types, but I can't agree with the "general air" comment. A modified car, that would have otherwise been parted or scrapped or otherwise not saved, is better than the alternative. We are here to preserve as many of these cars as possible, whatever way possible. Now...if someone shows up here talking about hacking up an original, survivor (much like the '84 FHP), despite being educated on what the car is, rarity, etc. that's a different situation altogether.

Texaspony87
04-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Here is my opinion. We have been down this road before. Why do people get involved with this site when it appears that we are known as purists and talk of chopping up an SSP for purposes other than restoration? I know for sure that other Mustang, or other collector car segments for that matter, don't take kindly to this sort of banter. Why do they then try to make us feel bad for standing firm on our beliefs? I don't understand. My car is 100% original. Why would I want to change it? If I wanted a "hot rod" Mustang, I would get one. There are a zillion other groups that speak to the hot rod world. Sure we are going to become upset. And why wouldn't we?

Texaspony87
04-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Now doesn't that look nice!

NoDrama43
04-15-2007, 12:23 PM
your car looks great Joe !!! :thumbsup:

SparkSVT
04-15-2007, 04:21 PM
That is one hell of a nice Texas DPS car:2thumbs: .. what year is that?

EvocBruce
04-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Joe's car is an '87. I remember when we took that picture, still looks that good!!

svopaul
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Did the guy that offered you $5000 for your car know you paid $1200, probably not. If he did know he would have offered considerably less, unless he had to have the car. The 84 FHP that Alan has is worth around $3500 to me, that's about how much I planned to bid on it. It may have been worth $5000 to somebody else, but knowing he paid $3500 for it. I doubt somebody would give him $6000 for it. Unless they had to have it, I don't.

Yes, as a matter of fact he did know exactly what I paid for the car...I have made no secret about it. So your assumption is incorrect....He wants a 94-95 GT vert specifically and he thought he could talk me out of it with cash.

Point being that I like Alan wanted the car so there was no sense in dumping something you want but everything has a price and apparently that was his. If it's not for sale or not a fire sale then it makes no difference of the price paid because it doesn't "Have" to be sold.

The car may well be worth 3500 to you.....it's worth less to me because I don't care for the early 4 eye coupes but that's you and that's me....there is likely someone out there who will pay the asking price for it but the pool of potential buyers gets significantly smaller the higher the price goes.

svopaul
04-16-2007, 09:29 AM
This particular website does cater to "purist" types, but I can't agree with the "general air" comment. A modified car, that would have otherwise been parted or scrapped or otherwise not saved, is better than the alternative. We are here to preserve as many of these cars as possible, whatever way possible. Now...if someone shows up here talking about hacking up an original, survivor (much like the '84 FHP), despite being educated on what the car is, rarity, etc. that's a different situation altogether.

This site hasn't been around long enough to match the "general air" comment but many members are the same on other sites so the feeling is still there that it is taboo. Your outlook above is the exact outlook that needs to be taken with this but often on the net we see people trashed for having a modified SSP and the origination or history of the car isn't even known to justify that trashing. That sort of thing just isn't good for the hobby in general. A car saved from being scrapped even if modified at least has the chance to be restored to stock by someone later since it still exists.

The impression out this is what it is.....I got the latest issue of 5.0 magazine and saw a Texas SSP with 4 cam 4.6 and other mods and immediately thought "The ssp guys are going to tear this guy apart".....Now not everyone has the purist outlook that made me think this but there is a good majority that are vocal about it and that is what gives the impression about this corner of the hobby.

We in the SVO hobby were labeled "Headlight polishers" years ago which was really pretty funny considering that every director of the club had a modified SVO so if that label can be used in that situation you can imagine the impression the SSP group gets when people get torn apart for having or even mentioning modding an SSP. While it may not be "recommended" by the group, it shouldn't be cause for a noose. ;)

svopaul
04-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Here is my opinion. We have been down this road before. Why do people get involved with this site when it appears that we are known as purists and talk of chopping up an SSP for purposes other than restoration? I know for sure that other Mustang, or other collector car segments for that matter, don't take kindly to this sort of banter. Why do they then try to make us feel bad for standing firm on our beliefs? I don't understand. My car is 100% original. Why would I want to change it? If I wanted a "hot rod" Mustang, I would get one. There are a zillion other groups that speak to the hot rod world. Sure we are going to become upset. And why wouldn't we?

Sure and that is yours and many others opinions but just like religion....is it right to shove your belief's down other peoples throat? Has anyone every just jumped down your throat about installing a set of headers on your SSP?IMO there is room for everyone in this hobby from stock restorations to modified....every modified car makes yours worth more to the purist end of the market but at least they aren't junked. Someone can be an SSP enthusiast and still have a modified car...just as much of an enthusiast as you are only on a different level. Methodist or Catholic.....both have the same goal and they can get along without telling each other they are going to hell but they have a different version of beliefs.....Same thing with a guy into stock SSP's and one into modified SSP's.

Unmrkd
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Isn't six pages of this enough? Let's move on.

ImEvil1
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Isn't six pages of this enough? Let's move on.

I agree......thanks, Gregg.

NoDrama43
04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
I agree......thanks, Gregg.

:2thumbs: +1