PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Information Report from FORD

stadair
07-26-2010, 10:53 PM
What a pleasent surprise this afternoon when I checked my email. My sister-in-law, who works for Ford came through with some information on my car! Back in April I gave her all the details on my SSP and asked her that in her spare time, if she knew anyone who could dig up any info on it I would be so happy. Well, she did. She got me a Vehicle Informaion Report that tells of my cars build date, which also happens to be on my birthday! It tells me that it was sold as a fleet vehicle, which we already assumed. And from which dealership it was sold; Ron Dupratt Ford.

Also attached is a Claim Detail Report telling of some maintenance done to the car at Future Ford in Sacramento, CA.

I'm one step closer to finding out exactly what my car was used for. I'm pretty sure it wasn't for regular CHP duty.

I'm wondering if I call the selling dealership that they could tell me to whom they sold it to? Worth a try.

ssp91ssp
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Toshi, you're gettin closer !:2thumbs:

28HopUp
07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Toshi,

Congrats! You're getting closer - that's great! Ron Dupratt Ford was the ordering dealer for my CHP as well. It couldn't hurt to contact the dealer to see if they can determine who they sold it to (IMO it was most likely the CHP).

Research. It's all part of the fun of SSP ownership!

MOstang
07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Good progres...little by little you're pulling it together. :thumbsup:

stadair
08-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Called Ron Dupatt Ford. Very friendly and tried to help, but didn't have any records of my car in their data base. Too old we suspect.:No no: