PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Minnesota State Patrol SSP Mustang

MOstang
08-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm placing this post with a hope a current and/or future member here will read it and have some additional information available to share. I have a 1989 Minnesota Sate Patrol Special Service Package Mustang (a 1 of 20) and have been working on returning it back to in-service specs. Unfortunately I'm only aware of 6 different in-service photos of these particular vehicles, with none of them being interior pictures.

Fortunately a friend of mine in the hobby (knowledgable on the MSP and Mustang program) was able to introduce me to a contact with the Minnesota State Patrol, who has been very helpful with information regarding my specific vehicle (such as Troopers assigned), equipment used, etc. Additionally I was put in contact with an individual in the emergency equipment installation business who was involved in the original outfitting of the MSP Mustangs. While I did learn some additional valuable pieces of new information from him, unfortunately no pictures. He passed along a contact with another emergency equipment installation company that evidently did the original installs so I'm hopeful to learn more with this contact (just reached out to him on Friday).

A challenge I seem to face is an understanding that quite a bit of variability existed due to the individual Trooper's input/wants/needs. It would be very helpful to obtain any period in-service interior pics you may have. If anyone here had any photos interior/exterior I would appreciate your help. The six (6) in-service pictures that I already have can be found here. http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/mustangs/1989-ford-ssp-musta/photographs/return-to-mnsp-in-s/reference-photos-ot/

Also I understand the MSP may have used some type of customized radio stand. If so I understand it would have been fabricated by the Minnesota Prison Industries (MNCOR). If anyone has any perspective on them, information and/or photographs of what one of these might have looked like I would be very appreciative as well. For me this discovery phase is one of my favorite aspects of this hobby. Thanks...I appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,