PDA

View Full Version : 86 UHP Rear Lighting Question

SSPGARY
04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Well the snow is finally starting to disappear and I took a good look at my car for the first time. Both front spotlight holes are still there ( filled with bondo ), the antenna hole is still in the trunk ( welded shut ), some equipment holes are in the car, but there aren't any holes on the rear deck for lights ( fabric or metal underneath ). I know this was an unmarked unit but my question is, did 86 UHP slicktop units have rear deck lighting? It looked like they did in some pictures I saw but info on these cars is hard to find. Any help appreciated.

Gary

PoliceSSP
04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Gary,
On my 86 UHP there are two holes in the carpet rear deck on the drivers side which would match the pictures of the red and blue chrome deck lights.

SSPGARY
04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
No holes in the carpet rear deck but that could have been replaced. How big are the holes under the deck so I can check my car out? I did find some equipment cables but don't know what they're for.

PoliceSSP
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Gary,
I checked in the trunk to see if there are holes drilled but didn't find any. The lights that go there have 1/4" bolts and the holes in the deck carpet are about that size. I'm checking to see how they were mounted. The one hole is over a opening in the frame and the other is near a rear speaker. I'll let you know when I get any info on it.

SSPGARY
04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I found the holes right where you said ( they were full of carpet fluff ). They're a bit closer together than I thought. Were the lights rectangular or round?

ImEvil1
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
I think that they were square.

SSPGARY
04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Mike, any idea of where I could find some or what company they are?

ImEvil1
04-18-2007, 09:12 PM
No idea what they are, but a halogen Dashmaster II would look the same when it's on. (strobe version pictured below).

ImEvil1
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Back.

SSPGARY
04-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot.

PoliceSSP
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks Mike, any idea of where I could find some or what company they are?
Gary,
I got two, red and blue, Sho Me deck lights. Someone on the forum told me a while back that they looked like Sho Me deck lights. I checked the the Sho Me on the internet and they did look just like the ones in the rear pictures I have seen. I'm still working on the best way for mounting.

SSPGARY
04-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Are they chrome or black?

PoliceSSP
04-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Gary,
The ones in the pictures and the ones I got are chrome. Let me know if your interested and ready to buy and I'll help check around for the best price.

ImEvil1
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Gary,
I got two, red and blue, Sho Me deck lights. Someone on the forum told me a while back that they looked like Sho Me deck lights. I checked the the Sho Me on the internet and they did look just like the ones in the rear pictures I have seen. I'm still working on the best way for mounting.

Sorry Gary (and George)...that was me. I'm still looking for the pic I was referring to in the last thread (the one that showed chrome housings). Funny, because I also mentioned the Dashmaster in that post.

ImEvil1
04-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Here is one (albeit blurry). Definitely 2 lights, though, and they look chrome to me. The Sho-Me lights should work.