PDA

View Full Version : 1982 CHP Whats it worth

kingcobra93
12-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Recently ran across a 82 CHP, sill has both Buck tags intact, but missin door tag. Car is Rough, but straight, and rust free. Runs Fair, Converted to auto, but has original 4 speed. Any Suggestions?

ImEvil1
12-23-2010, 09:34 PM
What are they asking for it?

kingcobra93
12-23-2010, 09:55 PM
any idea what it is worth, he is open to offers, But it's rough.

ImEvil1
12-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Not without seeing pics. Good luck with it, though.

NoDrama43
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
does he have a price listed with the car? I would hesitate to throw a number out......... it's his stuff he needs to figure what he wants for it.

Hopefully he is asking enough to keep the flippers from buying it to try and gouge someone....

28HopUp
12-24-2010, 10:05 AM
any idea what it is worth, he is open to offers, But it's rough.

It's tough to say without having more details and pics. But I wouldn't be afraid to insult a seller by offering them a ridiculously low $$$ amount if it gets the negotiations rolling. Good luck!

kingcobra93
12-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Well I have an idea what I can get it for, It stright, just rough interrior, Original motor, but has an auto trans, he has original 4 speed for it though. I figured you all would have a good idea what it's worht.

MOstang
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Posting pictures would be helpful too.

28HopUp
12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Well I have an idea what I can get it for, It stright, just rough interrior, Original motor, but has an auto trans, he has original 4 speed for it though. I figured you all would have a good idea what it's worht.

If it helps, this one was listed on ebay and failed to receive an opening bid of $1,500 -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-CHP-MODEL-1982-SSP-MUSTANG-CALIFORNIA-HIGHWAY-PATROL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb209c5f5QQitemZ26068 5022709QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#vi-content

litsnsirn
12-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow, hard to believe that the car on ebay had no bids, especially since the CHP gear is worth some $$$.

C'mon economy, please recover!

FlyinTiger
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM
As popular as SSP's are becoming, 82-84's lag in value greatly. There have been a few '82 CHP's available recently in various conditions, so the mystique of owning what was once considered extremely rare is getting watered down.

28HopUp
01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
As popular as SSP's are becoming, 82-84's lag in value greatly. There have been a few '82 CHP's available recently in various conditions, so the mystique of owning what was once considered extremely rare is getting watered down.

Despite that vintage being more rare. It must be the 7.5" rear-ends!

(yes, I know the 85's had them too) :)

ImEvil1
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM

How many '82 CHP cars are out there that we know about? 10 or 15? If you compare that to the number of known '93 FHP cars, I'd say it still qualifies the '82s as extremely rare.

I own one of each, but I buy what I like, not what I think is rare or is going to triple in value.

I think that the older cars are cool survivors.

CNTLOSE
01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Wow, hard to believe that the car on ebay had no bids, especially since the CHP gear is worth some $$$.

C'mon economy, please recover!

That car actually had several bids...me included. But the seller is not so friendly and will not talk over the phone about the car. The only contact he is willing to make is via email. Being the car was in AZ and I am in OH I wanted to talk to him personally. A couple others were interested but got no where as well. The seller pulled the car from auction and it fell back to the starting bid by default. I think it had reached just below $3000 when he pulled.

litsnsirn
01-11-2011, 01:33 AM
That car actually had several bids...me included. But the seller is not so friendly and will not talk over the phone about the car. The only contact he is willing to make is via email. Being the car was in AZ and I am in OH I wanted to talk to him personally. A couple others were interested but got no where as well. The seller pulled the car from auction and it fell back to the starting bid by default. I think it had reached just below $3000 when he pulled.

In the grand scheme of things, that probably wasn't too bad then.

I also like the older cars, the newer cars get into things that I actually worked on, and it kind of loses the mystique for me, though if given the opportunity, I'd think about buying one of Larry Varner's MO Mustangs. For personal reasons, plus 666 HP is just damn cool.