PDA

View Full Version : FHP decals....

ImEvil1
01-04-2011, 09:27 PM
I know of one recent post, but who all here needs these? I purchased an original, older set from eBay this past month for my '85, and I found two more sets of the repops we did awhile back when I went to put these away.

rog50
01-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I need 1989 and 1990 decals.

MOstang
01-05-2011, 04:54 PM
How'd the eBay ones look? They went for quite a bit of scratch as I recall.

ImEvil1
01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
They are screenprinted originals (the old version)....and look great. I think they were cheaper than what MSquad charges.

dsblk93gt
01-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Just the seals? I let mine go with my '91 when I sold it and had made all the correct gold reflective and stuff at my work. With a real good scan of those and someone with a large format printer that prints high dpi you could get real close but screen printed always has sharper/clearer lines.

ImEvil1
01-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Just the seals? I let mine go with my '91 when I sold it and had made all the correct gold reflective and stuff at my work. With a real good scan of those and someone with a large format printer that prints high dpi you could get real close but screen printed always has sharper/clearer lines.

We did reproduction seals awhile back several times. I let the shop have one of my originals, which was sacrificed in the process. The repops came out good, and lots of people are using them on their cars, but you can't beat the originals. To me, the main difference is the colors, but there's a big difference in sharpness as well (as you mentioned).

w4ata
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
If anyone is interested in FHP 50th anniversary decals, I talked to the sign shop today that made mine and he still has the program that he used to do mine. He scanned the image from an original anniversary plate that I had and with the help of another member who sent me several dimensions from an original decal, he scaled the image to the original size and made a good looking copy. They are not perfect I'm sure but very nice. You can see one on my fotki site below. His contact info is;
Big O Signs
828 891-4479 Ask for John
He can do them for 10.00 a piece plus shipping.

w4ata
01-18-2011, 10:13 PM
If anyone is interested in FHP 50th anniversary decals, I talked to the sign shop today that made mine and he still has the program that he used to do mine. He scanned the image from an original anniversary plate that I had and with the help of another member who sent me several dimensions from an original decal, he scaled the image to the original size and made a good looking copy. They are not perfect I'm sure but very nice. You can see one on my fotki site below. His contact info is;
Big O Signs
828 891-4479 Ask for John
He can do them for 10.00 a piece plus shipping.

Thats for the decal only,no magnetic backing.

rog50
01-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks alot.I will call him.

dsblk93gt
01-22-2011, 12:37 PM
We did reproduction seals awhile back several times. I let the shop have one of my originals, which was sacrificed in the process. The repops came out good, and lots of people are using them on their cars, but you can't beat the originals. To me, the main difference is the colors, but there's a big difference in sharpness as well (as you mentioned).

I no longer work in the sign business for my parents but have access to all the stuff still. If you could find a shop that has a screen printer that would be your best bet for 100% match to the original.The ones I got from you did look good though and unless you know what the original looks like it is hard to tell.

OSP959(R)
04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm lucky. My departments logo's are all vinyl. The door shield is layered vinyl, and I have a 19-inch vinyl cutter here next to my desk :)

In the smaller pic you can see the ridge in the circle where it was layered, and where some of the red layer tore away under the 'R'.

OSP959(R)
04-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm lucky. My departments logo's are all vinyl. The door shield is layered vinyl, and I have a 19-inch vinyl cutter here next to my desk :)

In the smaller pic you can see the ridge in the circle where it was layered, and where some of the red layer tore away under the 'R'.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2914&d=1302540341

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2915&d=1302540436

hmm....I guess I can't post the pics in the message......

ImEvil1
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
For some reason, if you post more than one, it lists them like it did in your first post. I'm sure it'll get fixed at the next software update.

I like the decal...looks sharp.

MOstang
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I like the decal...looks sharp.

Me too...very nice. :cool:

rog50
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Anybody had any luck talking with big o sign shop. I have had no luck. need help please.

w4ata
07-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm in Fl now but will be back up there the end of next month and I'll run over to his shop and check on him and see whats up. As far as I know he still is in business.

rog50
07-28-2011, 02:55 AM
thanks

copcamaro
07-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Anybody had any luck talking with big o sign shop. I have had no luck. need help please.

If you are looking for the FL. 90's try calling 1-573-893-6622 ask for Tracy or John. "Luetkemeyer Signs"
They did some for several of usan Fl. car owners, and were great!
Not that expensive either compared to others.
If you want, e mail me copcamaro[at]yahoo[dot]com and I will take a close up of mine for you.
Good luck!!!!!

EDIT: Ray, I changed your email address to prevent SPAM-bots from detecting your addy. 28HopUp

copcamaro
07-28-2011, 02:15 PM
If you are looking for the FL. 90's try calling 1-573-893-6622 ask for Tracy or John. "Luetkemeyer Signs"
They did some for several of usan Fl. car owners, and were great!
Not that expensive either compared to others.
If you want, e mail me copcamaro[at]yahoo[dot]com and I will take a close up of mine for you.
Good luck!!!!!

EDIT: Ray, I changed your email address to prevent SPAM-bots from detecting your addy. 28HopUp

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!