PDA

View Full Version : Started the teardown 90 CHP

kapracing
02-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Started the tear down (finally...). Man, They sure used alot of sound deadener... It's still in great shape so I'm gonna leave it alone. My strut towers and underhood area was shot with what appeared to be spray can primer. Once I started removing it I found it to be painted the UA black, same as the body.It had a good shine still, so It appears they did'nt slack off on the clear like the regular production stangs. My quarter glasses were blacked out I'm assuming this is something a previous civilion owner did? When I removed the quarter glasses there was still tape in under the glasses and the rear glass trim from being masked off. appears the top was sprayed first then mask off to spray the black. Looks like they assembled the glasses and trim then unmasked it? One thing that's puzzling me is the cross brace behind my back seat was removed. I see no reason for this... Is anyone elses missing the brace to, or is this something that needs to be put back. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated...

mac88chp
02-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Looks like you double posted this, I replied to the thread here:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3003&page=2