PDA

View Full Version : Dallas show this weekend!

copcamaro
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Sure hope you guys (especially those in the TX areas) will attend and take lots of pictures.Looks as though Jim (Mr. D) has arranged a lot of fun and interesting things, too keep the group busy and entertained.
Show be a good time for all you stangers!!

ssp91ssp
04-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey Uncle Ray !!
Enjoy the event and take lots of pics ....

You may of saw my comment on ORG about my tow veh with the expensive Radiator Issue.....:No no: the boys are NOT happy!
Maybe we can make the next event??

Take care and B-safe!

28HopUp
04-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry you can't go Hector. I wish I could make one of these larger meets/shows. Personally, I've never been to a show where there was more than one SSP.

That reminds me - there's a local show tomorrow that I can go to, and the weather should be decent :) Maybe I can park next to the 72ish Dodge squad car that usually attends. His was originally an Illinois State Police car IIRC that he cloned into a local Wilmington PD car (fully authorized I understand). I'll take pictures, if I can...

MOstang
04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Bill - I'm surprised to hear your shows are starting already. Hope you have good weather for one. I don't think ours really get out of the gate much until May.

ImEvil1
04-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Sure hope you guys (especially those in the TX areas) will attend and take lots of pictures.Looks as though Jim (Mr. D) has arranged a lot of fun and interesting things, too keep the group busy and entertained.
Show be a good time for all you stangers!!

I enjoyed the show today.....got to talk with some great people and saw some super-nice cars. BMT, Todd and I are sitting in the NET hospitality suite enjoying some cold beverages. ;)

I guess the guys from ORG were busy touring the Dallas PD...didn't see any of them at the show until around 4.

scoutdrivinrebel
04-09-2011, 01:31 AM
I plan to be at the show tomorrow. I won't be bringing any of my cars, but I hope to meet some of the SSP guys I've been conversing with all these years.

ImEvil1
04-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm back....it was a good time. Got to see some old friends, meet some new ones, and finally put names here with some of the faces. :)

I also had a great conversation with some MCA officials I met there. They will be discussing creating a class for our SSP cars in a meeting later this month. :2thumbs:

NoDrama43
04-10-2011, 09:34 PM
sounds great. glad you had a good time! What kind of turnout was there for the show?

ImEvil1
04-10-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm thinking 150-200? I'm sure the local club will put out better numbers, but it wasn't crazy packed or anything.

NoDrama43
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I spoke with the show chairman, Ralph Perkins, today on the phone and he stated there was less than 300 cars showed up. He thinks it was somewhere near 260. I guess they had a bunch of left over awards so lots of people got them. In looking at the pictures posted on FOTKI it is obvious turnout was way less than they hoped but in this economy I am not suprised.

I am going to focus on going to some local shows around here to keep the costs down. The black FHP unmarked is almost ready to go.

Unmrkd
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
We got back Tue afternoon and have not had a chance to post up till now. As Jim said - the attendance was down probably due in part to the gas prices. Our fuel bill was $640!!! Ouch.

We had a very good time. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour of the DPD Academy, and helicopter operations. The wife and I finally got to meet Mike M. in person as well. It was good to put a face to the name finally.

There were five SSPs present and the public and show staff really seemed to enjoy seeing them and asking the usual 1000 questions. I and two others were fortuniate enough to receive awards.

Hector, I'm sorry that you were not able to make it, I was hoping to get to meet you. I look forward to seeing some more of you folks at future shows if any of us can afford gas in the future.

ssp91ssp
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Gregg, Thanks ! and glad to hear you all had a blast....
We will meet up one of these days.:D

policemustang
04-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I too, enjoyed meeting you boys. Had a nice time and I always appreciate being able to still hang out with the SSP Mustang crowd. Good seeing ALL of you.

NoDrama43
04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Roman,

Black Bird lives on...... my painter is fixing to bring her back to life this summer.....

Remember the plywood package tray???? the donor car fixed that....like a new one now !