PDA

View Full Version : There's an 86 headed to Texas soon!

86NeSSP
04-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Just a teaser!

I am getting this car next week and should be home here in Houston Texas by 5-11-07...

Matt

86NeSSP
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Brian and Mike SHHHHHH! You know and no one else does yet...

Matt

ImEvil1
05-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Your secret is safe with me. :)

Glad you bought it.

1989 Tx DPS SSP
05-01-2007, 08:26 AM
NOW what is your HOME number again MATT? :D

Tom

predator20
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
I will never tell, unless somebody pays me twenty bucks.

I glad you bought it also.:2thumbs:

86NeSSP
05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Tom, the SSP count is up to 3 again with the addition of this car. The other non-SSP will be getting sold soon enough. so that I can assure the "BOSS" that we have room in the garage and storage for these.

I need to sell the other car so I can get a transmission or 2. I have enough parts to put together an engine for the 87 DPS in storage but no transmission. Not that it needs it right now.

Matt

FlyinTiger
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Glad to see it staying in the group, Matt. That is the only 4-eyed Nebraska that I know of.

86NeSSP
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
It needs work but it will be a work in progress... I will be driving it daily until the CHP car is complete. I am going to get some parts together on this. I have a lead on a lightbar and possible equipment for the car. But first thing is first. I need to get the deal completed and the car HERE!

There is some rust that needs to be taken care of and some paint work... I also have to trak down a passenger sider door panel in blue. It's got a tear.

Matt

86NeSSP
05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
2403 miles later, $600.00 in gas and food the car is home now in Katy Texas... I borrowed Roman's trailer to go pick the car up and then trailered it back to Roamn's house last night. I drove the car from Lufkin to Katy 140 miles and it did just fine despite the miss. Pictures to come later today!

Matt

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Here are some pictures from today... The car is minus a catback but I have a OEM 180K mile take off from an 88 LX hatchback. I need to replace the mufflers but I will have that done and use some 2001 stainless ones. The car had a bad miss on the drive home and a HUGE stink! I think at some point a dog was kept in there!

The passenger side sun visor looks like it was chewed off kind of like the movie Turner and Hooch. I kind of wonder if that is what happened to the rear upper seat too. The car is really clean under all the dirt and the bits of surface rust here and there. The front is tweeked a bit and will just take some time before I get to that.

I replaced the spark plug ires at Roman's house hen I dropped off his trailer and the miss was still there. I changed the spark plugs today and NO MORE MISS one was really badly gunked up.

I can't wait to get the tweek fixed and put a paint job on it.

Matt

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Here are some more... You can see when things are dirty and then clean. I am going to pull the carpet and seats and clean them and then go to town with FABREEZE. I need to get the dask a little more clean but I am not sure I can get that dirt off of it.

M

ImEvil1
05-12-2007, 10:17 PM
That's a pretty rare car. :thumbsup:

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:17 PM
More here too.

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Even more!

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:21 PM
OK still more!

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I think this will be it for the pictures today...

The pink thing is a little gift from my Wife an odor thing... It now smells like a dog peed some flowers.

predator20
05-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Very cool Matt. At least the car is mostly complete. It does definitely look like something got a hold of the interior.

86NeSSP
05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Very cool Matt. At least the car is mostly complete. It does definitely look like something got a hold of the interior.

Look at the carpet and seats tho... There is no FADE AT ALL!

Unmrkd
05-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey Matt, it looks like "Kujo" sp? really liked that sunvisor and as you mentioned probably the seat back as well. Get that carpet and underlayment out of there and the smell will go way down.

It looks like a great project. We all know the routine, roll up your sleeves and open your wallet.:D Good luck with it.

Rhino
05-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Matt, FYI, Prestige Mustang had an 86 white low-option coupe in their yard. I got my seatbelts from them (regatta blue) and it might be worth a look if you need parts. Todd (@ the yard) had a complete set of blue seats the last time I called. Might be worth a look if you need that stuff: http://www.prestigemustang.com/index.php?dev=newarrivals&action=display&id=271&cat=2&pic=1

86NeSSP
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey Matt, it looks like "Kujo" sp? really liked that sunvisor and as you mentioned probably the seat back as well. Get that carpet and underlayment out of there and the smell will go way down.

It looks like a great project. We all know the routine, roll up your sleeves and open your wallet.:D Good luck with it.

I already have everything out of it except the headliner and passenger 1/4 panel. The smell has already gone down a ton. I will need to find headliner material and a passenger door panel. A real clean door panel as the driver side one is near mint minus the map pocket.

The sleaves have been rolled up all day today... I am tearing the original driver seat cover off to throw it in the washer and see if there is fade. I then will have it repaired as well as have the seatback fixed as it is BROKE! I'll get pictures of it up soon.

Matt

86NeSSP
05-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Matt, FYI, Prestige Mustang had an 86 white low-option coupe in their yard. I got my seatbelts from them (regatta blue) and it might be worth a look if you need parts. Todd (@ the yard) had a complete set of blue seats the last time I called. Might be worth a look if you need that stuff: http://www.prestigemustang.com/index.php?dev=newarrivals&action=display&id=271&cat=2&pic=1

I will see what they have as I need at least a passenger door panl...

predator20
05-13-2007, 09:26 PM
I have gotten price quotes from them before. They usually aren't cheap. But if you only need a few certain parts, I guess it beats finding a parts car. MPS is another salvage company to try, but they don't keep much of the earlier fox stuff usually.
http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/