PDA

View Full Version : Whelen Edge light patterns

stubes
05-26-2011, 10:20 PM
I am getting ready to hook up the whelen edge on my NV car.
I have a 3 switch Unitrol 480 i am using with it.

The bar is a 8 strobe piece with takedowns and amber rear flashers.
The inner strobes flash front and rear
-outer strobes flash front and rear
and there is an action cycle that makes all the strobes flash in pattern.

What would be the best way to run the patterns on each switch selection?
I also have my wig wag headlights i am hooking into the light controller also.
Thanks

ImEvil1
05-26-2011, 10:30 PM
My last marked car had a PCC9. 1 was rear flashers, 2 was the whole bar, 3 was the bar and siren.

http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/install/133/13315.pdf

stubes
05-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Thank you!

ImEvil1
05-26-2011, 11:10 PM
No prob.

fallon312
05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree with Mike stage one is only the rear lights. Stage two is front and rear and out here stage three is all the lights if you have alley light those also. However, the siren is set manually and to the horn to change the tones. Good luck.

ImEvil1
05-27-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree with Mike stage one is only the rear lights. Stage two is front and rear and out here stage three is all the lights if you have alley light those also. However, the siren is set manually and to the horn to change the tones. Good luck.

We had that as well (referred to as Tap II by FedSig; siren or air horn through the "horn ring", depending on settings selected).

The siren on 3 was convenient since you didn't have to fiddle around with the buttons. It was just on, and you could use the steering wheel to cycle between tones when you needed to, like you described. You killed it by going back to 2.

stubes
05-27-2011, 12:13 PM
I was going to do rear flashers stage 1
front and rear strobes with action flash stage 2
all above with takedowns and siren at stage 3

what stage for headlight wig wags?

Also I am thinking of not hooking the alleys up?

its a show car so thinking having every light lit on switch 3 might look ridiculous or is that how the PD's do it?

I still didnt even get a siren yet for the car.

ImEvil1
05-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I was going to do rear flashers stage 1
front and rear strobes with action flash stage 2
all above with takedowns and siren at stage 3

what stage for headlight wig wags?

Also I am thinking of not hooking the alleys up?

its a show car so thinking having every light lit on switch 3 might look ridiculous or is that how the PD's do it?

I still didnt even get a siren yet for the car.

Headlights would only be on with warning to the front at 2. We used takedowns and alleys separately (actually used them in the city) so they weren't part of the mix.

stubes
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Good enough. The unitrol doesnt have any extra switches so I will probably not hook up the alleys and takedowns.

ABN2060
05-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Post pics when you get it installed...:)

fallon312
05-27-2011, 09:33 PM
We have wig wags only come on in stage three. The reason they did it this way was to allow for solid head lights to the front for officer safety, yet you still had emergency lights to the front without the wig wags throwing distortions into the suspect contact. We found it was worse with strobes going off if it turned into a lethal confrontation. We tested this idea on the range and had officers shoot anywhere from 10-60 points less for that qualification.