PDA

View Full Version : PCOOA's KCMO 20th Annv. Show

copcamaro
07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Thought you folks might like to see this?
We had a blast and the ssp's looked great (comming from a B4C Guy)
http://www.hovermotorco.com/2011/07/20th-annual-national-police-car.html

EDIT: GSPI said he received a virus warning when he clicked the link. See post below

28HopUp
07-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the article. They had a HUGE slideshow of pictures for the event, and there were quite a few nice old police vehicles in attendance. How many cars do you estimate were there?

GSPI
07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Just a word of extreme caution, I detected a trojan horse virus on that webpage at the top of the page.

28HopUp
07-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Just a word of extreme caution, I detected a trojan horse virus on that webpage at the top of the page.

Thanks! I edited the original post so folks know...

copcamaro
07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the article. They had a HUGE slideshow of pictures for the event, and there were quite a few nice old police vehicles in attendance. How many cars do you estimate were there?

Day of actual show at the academy was around 45 including aprox 5-8 of the inservice cars, and a 75 ton wrecker.
It was a great turn out to Honor Jim post as he handed the reins over to Norm Spurgeon

GSPI
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM
For reference, that torrent link went away on that blog, it's clean now.

ImEvil1
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
What did you think about the older cars, Greg? I don't know much about them.

GSPI
07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Interesting batch of cars. Looks to be a lot of new demo cars there, were those all factory demo cars there? I recognize the Veto Enterprises family of demo cars too as an aside. The one white 9C1 Chevy Caprice factory demo looking vehicle I've seen at CEVS before too. Nice enough vehicle but not that old for my liking.

Love the Adam-12 Matador as it's a very nice rendition.

The old 1930's MOHP car is nice too with a nice historical display.

The SSP's of course are nice.

The Minn Fury is also a car I've seen before and a nice rendition if it's the one from MN directly. There were two of them out there.

Just some of my observations.

ImEvil1
07-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I'm with you on the new cars. CVPIs, Caprices, Chargers, even Camaros look too new (some are too new) and like they could still be in-service.

Is the Adam 12 guy from your site? I love those cars and still have an NOS set of Trio T2s waiting on a roof to go on (garage display).

copcamaro
07-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Interesting batch of cars. Looks to be a lot of new demo cars there, were those all factory demo cars there? I recognize the Veto Enterprises family of demo cars too as an aside. The one white 9C1 Chevy Caprice factory demo looking vehicle I've seen at CEVS before too. Nice enough vehicle but not that old for my liking.
The old 1930's MOHP car is nice too with a nice historical display.

The SSP's of course are nice.

The Minn Fury is also a car I've seen before and a nice rendition if it's the one from MN directly. There were two of them out there.

Just some of my observations.

1st I want to say I had no ideal of the trojan allert on my 1st posting and if I did, I would not of posted it.
That being said:

The Adam 12 car is from Hasting's NE. Monty Mc Cord (writes western books)
59 Dodge belongs to the MSHP and travels all over the state (on trailer)
The 1930 model A belongs to a retired Col. of the MSHP.
The fury that was at show belongs to a fellow (Now vice president of PCOOA) who lives in MN.
The other 78 MN. fury was a car that was driven by a trooper friend of mine and he restored it to exact road conditions as it was when he drove it on duty.
It now belongs to someone, and I wish I knew who. Just seems to of dissapeared from show circuit.

GSPI
07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm familiar with Monty who has written a book that I've bought before. As I have a lot of Ed Sanow's books on vehicle history and I've contributed to on one of his last books Encyclopedia of American Police Cars. That Adam 12 car is an excellent example of a restored Matador. I remember a few of those out there and wasn't sure if it was the David Brooks car or the East Coast build which was a very well done car. Thanks for letting me know it was Monty's car.

Yes, that one missing MN car was a trooper's car and vaporized into the mist somewhere out west after being sold on eBay three or four years ago. There is an original 1970 MN car also in the area of Scottsdale AZ that is being restored too ever so slowly but I'm sure it's going to be sometime after the guy gets back from the sandbox in about a year.

It's interesting to see the old cars.

litsnsirn
07-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Anyone know if the 70 Coronet was a package car? 1970 Coronets were my first Mopar love.

GSPI
07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Although not appearing that accurate due to being a bit overdone in equipment and markings, the car itself does appear to be a package vehicle.

NY04350
08-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Overall, looks like it wasn't a bad show at all.

Many nice older restos, but again, too many new cars for my liking.

My fav is the 74 Coronet/SDSO car, from their short lived black and white period.