PDA

View Full Version : 1991 FHP Unit 0827

jarhed123
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
The other day I ran into a SSP and left a business card. The owner called me and told me he was not planning on selling the car but his wife is nagging. He would sell the car for $3,500. He has the car to get to and from work since he has a motorcycle. The car looks solid, the paint is glossy but not of good quality, no rust that I saw, Interior is in good shape. I was really interested in buying the spotlight from him. Better if someone here in the forum buys the entire car. The owner gave me a list of things good with the car and bad with it. This is what he put on paper for me (His Words):

THE GOOD

FHP 0827 Purchased from FHP with 62k miles on 12/96 and now has 201k miles. Fairly new Spark plug wires, MSD distributor & coil, Pro 5.0 power tower shifter, Super duty T5 trans installed @ 100k and Clutch, cable, flywheel changed at same time, Amsoil used, FMS 1 5/8 headers, No electrical bugs or rain leak, newer motor mounts. It has an H-pipe but he also has an X-pipe in Orlando. MAC 2.5" cat back, crappy tail pipes rusted and removed, MSD 6A box in Orlando, AC works, new rotors, drums fairly new, rear springs new, all 4 shocks in rear new, bearings new at all four wheels, fluid new in differential, 2.73 gears, New rear axle, water pump fairly new, fan clutch replaced once, Newer alternator G3/3G. External regulator in place only to complete a circuit, idler pulley new, radiator replaced a while back, thermostat fairly new, radiator cap fairly new, full size spare in Orlando, New damper, Doesn't overheat, No idle problems not or cold, Doesn't hesitate or burn oil or loose coolant, Alignment is good, I think I have original radio in Orlando.

THE BAD

Heater Core disconnected, by-pass caps on various parts of cooling circuit, smog pump removed, has donut style oil cooler, but disconnected recently, sway bar brackets, dip stick tube broken during header install, plugged with bolt, oil leaking from front, passenger door lock seized up & handle broken but works. No key to trunk lock, check engine light comes on at times. Reverse switch needs replacement, power mirror switch needs replacement. Ran codes indicates a couple of sensors (HEGO, EGR?) Not a result of any above activities. Airbag light flashes sometimes after cold start then turns off once warm. Probably result of same codes above. Tires need balancing, slight vibration in dash during specific RPM range diagnosed to be an accessory. Suspect AC Clutch.

He offered it to me but I am sure he will sell it to you if you call. It is a nice car to restore but I don't have the extra money for it. Thsi car is not listed for sale so better to get it before he become more informed on SSP mustangs. It has all bug tags and he has some of the papers from FHP. He told me he requested them, to include service papers, from FHP after he bought the car. If anyone is interested in it PM me and I will give his number to you.