PDA

View Full Version : Marti Auto works door tag

FHP813
07-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Has anyone gotten their repro door tag from Marti? I want to order one for my 86 but I don't know how the quality is.

http://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=TAGD-86&selecteditem=yes

NoDrama43
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I have "heard" they are very very close to the original.

Rhino
07-28-2011, 10:05 PM
How would you guys feel about a repro tag on an SSP? I ask as my 85 CHP's original door is likely a goner (easier to replace than salvage).

I can clearly keep the door if I ever sell the car to go along with it, but what would a collector think about a re-pop DSO sticker? Does it matter?

Thoughts?

mac88chp
07-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Does your original door still have a visible CHP ID# and reflective tape on it? If so then all the more reason to try to salvage it as all of those items put together is a good chunk of the car's provenence.

NoDrama43
07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Marti did not have the Emminger invoice for the 85 TXDPS car so I just now placed an order thru Marti Auto Works for a deluxe Marti Report and a replacement door tag for the car. I will post photos of it when it arrives. I noted on my order the car should have a six digit dso number associated with it. The approximate shipping date for the order is 8/18.

As for adding a replacement door tag. I have no issues with it especially if the information is backed up with a Marti Report verifying it is authentic information. I would rather have a replacement door tag, than no door tag at all. :)

FoxChassis
07-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Your Deluxe Report will have the DSO and should have the dealer info, and also six different dates...

Order Date (order received from dealer)
Car Serialized (assigned a VIN)
Bucked (http://www.martiauto.com/faqfocus.cfm?qid=56) (bare chassis formed)
Scheduled Build (best estimate for build)
Actually Built (day car began assembly on Trim & Chassis line)
Released (assembly plant released to truck/rail for delivery to dealer)
Sold (retail customer purchased)

If you do not have the original label there will not be LB/KG weights or Fxxxx and Rxxxx numbers (accessory reserve loads) on the reproduction label, as those were not recorded by Ford so Marti Auto will not have them.

Rhino
07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Does your original door still have a visible CHP ID# and reflective tape on it? If so then all the more reason to try to salvage it as all of those items put together is a good chunk of the car's provenence.

Yes. ID, reflective tape, etc. are all there. I will see if we can salvage, but...the top of the door frame is rusted (bad weather seal) where the glass slips up into the top of the door to where pieces are breaking off the frame. Unless I can merge a new top section, I may have to replace. Hence the idea of keeping the door in my garage that can go with the car at some point to prove it's legit.

Looking forward to pics of when these come in.

NoDrama43
07-29-2011, 01:55 PM
I have emailed them the spring rates and LB/KG information thanks for the help.

Your Deluxe Report will have the DSO and should have the dealer info, and also six different dates...

Order Date (order received from dealer)
Car Serialized (assigned a VIN)
Bucked (http://www.martiauto.com/faqfocus.cfm?qid=56) (bare chassis formed)
Scheduled Build (best estimate for build)
Actually Built (day car began assembly on Trim & Chassis line)
Released (assembly plant released to truck/rail for delivery to dealer)
Sold (retail customer purchased)

If you do not have the original label there will not be LB/KG weights or Fxxxx and Rxxxx numbers (accessory reserve loads) on the reproduction label, as those were not recorded by Ford so Marti Auto will not have them.

FoxChassis
07-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes, forgot about the springs. Those will also not be on the repro VC Label unless you supply the codes.

Fxxxx and Rxxx are not springs codes or springs rates. Those are the front (F) and rear (R) accessory reserve loads (reserve expressed in lbs., e.g. F0039 and R0065). They are different on every car, except for instances where they were from the same DSO special order and therefore probably identically equipped. For SSPs in the '85 model year I have seen...

F0105 and R0174 (FF206189)
F0112 and R0174 (FF206373)
F0112 and R0174 (FF206378)
F0107 and R0171 (FF227465)
F0111 and R0177 (FF234864)
F0111 and R0177 (FF234866)
F0111 and R0177 (FF234932)

The springs codes are the last four characters of the "TR" code. If you have a build sheet but not a door tag, I have figured out what they should be on the door tag. For SSPs in the '85 model year, I have seen springs codes BBAA and BBSS...

Front Spring
B (VCL) = MOV (build sheet)

Rear Springs
A (VCL) = MIB (build sheet)
S (VCL) = MIL (build sheet)

Hope this information is helpful.

smunczen
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I got one this summer and it looks spot on. Mine was painted over and faded out so I need it.