PDA

View Full Version : FHP Clutch Kill Switch

90Coupe
07-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Does anyone have a hand drawn or copy of the schematic for how the FHP wired their clutch kill switchs?

thanks,
Ron

NoDrama43
07-30-2011, 12:46 PM
I have pictures of both the manual trans and automatic trans configuration. which do you need? I will post them later when i get home. You may try the FHP resto doc because I think there are some posted there also.

90Coupe
07-30-2011, 01:14 PM
There are pictures of two switches in the resto document, one is toggle and one is spring loaded and it explains how when activated they send a ground signal to the iginition killing the car. However I haven't been able to find out where the connection is made to the ignition. I am looking for information on a manual car.
Thanks,
Ron

ImEvil1
07-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Toggle switch turned the kill system on. The system was activated by the clutch switch. The wire went out to the coil.

Trooper hits the switch, exits the car, and it continues to sit and idle. However, if someone got in the car and pushed the clutch in, car dies. It would not start again, either, as long as the clutch is depressed.

You can wire it a couple of different ways, but I'm doing mine with a relay at the coil.

SparkSVT
07-30-2011, 03:20 PM
My FHP car still has this switch and it still works if anyone needs any pictures ect..

ImEvil1
07-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Pics would be great Chris.

90Coupe
07-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks Mike, the idea of a relay in the circuit makes sense to me. I just couldn't understand the idea of applying a ground to the ignition system. Chris I look forward to the pics.
thanks,
Ron

SparkSVT
07-31-2011, 05:59 PM
I will get some pics up here of it tommorow. I have been working 4-12 and this weekend has been busy. Im off tomorrow and Tuesday.