PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Memories Show in Dearborn, MI @ Ford WHQ

MOstang
08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Stadair (Toshi) and my local club, MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan), hosted our annual Mustang Memories All-Ford show today. Toshi helped lead a massive judging effort of the non-club cars. We bring in the Mid-Michigan Mustang Club to judge our club cars. All the classes have trophies for non-club and for club cars. This is the 2nd year in a row we've held it in Dearborn, Michigan at the Henry Ford II World Center (Ford Worldheadquarters) and this year we had around 750 cars (Toshi can weigh in with the final count). Seemed to me about 90% of the cars were various Mustangs.

This year's show included the BOSS Reunion, Bullitt Reunion and the Mustang Dreamcar Giveaway (the vintage and late model Boss 302 charitable giveaway). Mustang Monthly and Don Farr were there and he was selling/signing his new Boss Mustang book. Mary Jean and the Mustang Club of America were there. Kevin Marti of the Marti Report fame was on hand as well. All the major aftermarket suppliers...Roush, Steeda, etc. I'm probably missing something else that occurred...a lot went on here.

In addition to visiting with Toshi, had a chance to visit with Bruce (evocbruce) who drove up his new 2012 BOSS 302 for the BOSS Reunion that occurred with various activities these past few days. Good time had by all and I even got to "run off" a whacker who just wouldn't quit following me around my 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang telling my of his whackery ways with his CVPI...jeesh some people just won't take a hint!

I'm no photographer, but thought you'd enjoy a couple photos I snapped of the MSP SSP in front of Ford WHQ. It was a good day...the MSP SSP was chosen by Steeda for their Sponsor's Choice award and I also picked up a Judged Class Award (we don't do 1st, 2nd, 3rd but rather multiple class award trophies for each class depending up the class size). This car sure get's a lot of interest when I show it around town here...people really love it. Thanks again for a job well done, Bruce!

EXNODRAMANOTCH
08-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Mike, sounds like a great show. Congrats on your wins (nice photos of your car too)!

28HopUp
08-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Mike, thanks for posting up pictures of your car. That MI SSP looks great. From you and online friends at other forums, it sounds like it was a really good show.

MOstang
08-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys and yes the CEVS show was worth the trip for sure! Will add that one to my annual go-to schedule. Would be great to see some other SSP'ers there too. Looking forward to staying in the A/C for a bit now instead of being outside at car shows. Next up in a couple weeks is the Ferndale, MI Emergency Vehicle Show & Cruise as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

GSPI
08-08-2011, 09:14 AM
CEVS will have their 15th anniversary next year so hopefully it will be that much better of a show. I can see that there were very few SSP's there so adding them would be a good thing! I hope to get out to more shows next year.