PDA

View Full Version : Pool resources ($) to have Marti Research SSP production numbers?

ChrisL
08-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Just wanted to put a feeler out real quick. Who all would be interested in pooling resources to have Marti research the number of SSP cars built for each year from '82-86? I think $250 or so would probably cover it, and to kick start things I'd be willing to put $40 in.

If Mick (FoxChassis) is up for it, I might have him collect the funds and make the inquiry, he can most directly use the information by adding it to his database and we can all reap the benefits of knowing how many cars were produced each year. Let's field some interest here, and if we have enough people on board I'll get the ball rolling.

Chris

GSPI
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Starting point would be to verify these total production numbers:

1982 130,418
1983 120,873
1984 141,480
1985 156,514
1986 224,410

And then break each one out. I might have to make an inquiry too while in MI to see if that data is available outright.

FoxChassis
08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
An inquiry would need to be made to Marti Auto to see if it's possible to research total SSP production for each year, and how much time/money that research would be. I believe it would be possible, since "Special Service Package" is in the options list on the Deluxe Reports that we have seen so far.

If more detail (other than total for each year) is desired, the research time/cost goes up.

Examples of greater detail would be..

how many with SROD in '83 and then you could deduce (from '83 total) how many with T-5
how many with AOD each year ('84-'86) and then you could deduce (from each year's totals) how many with T-5
how many with "special paint"

I would not feel comfortable holding on to anyone's cash. I would rather it be held onto by a .net admin. Put it into a paypal account and hold it until research is done and paid for.

NoDrama43
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I agree on admin holding onto the $$ in a paypal account. (no offense intended to anyone.) The data could be compiled and forwarded to Imevil to be placed in a section of the website and forwarded on to others that can use it. (Foxchassis etc.)

I am in, just let me know how much we need.

28HopUp
08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I am in, just let me know how much we need.

You can count me in too

ChrisL
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
If we can get Mike on board, we can get it rolling. We could also make pledges here and when we get to $250 or close, start collecting... thoughts?

ImEvil1
08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
If we can get Mike on board, we can get it rolling. We could also make pledges here and when we get to $250 or close, start collecting... thoughts?

Already discussed, though I guess I should have started a separate thread.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showpost.php?p=28267&postcount=1

I've been meaning to set up a PayPal account for NET, so that members who want to do so can contribute and help offset some of the costs of keeping this place going, software upgrades, etc.

I'll work on setting it up.

ImEvil1
08-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Paypal link is up on the bottom of the main page.

www.SpecialServiceMustang.net (http://www.SpecialServiceMustang.net)

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?p=28646#post28646

NoDrama43
08-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Mike I have some paperwork that arrived with my doortag that I keep meaning to post. It has the info about special research projects etc. I will scan it and email it over to you if you want.

ImEvil1
08-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Fund is up to $50 already. I sent Kevin Marti an email this afternoon.

NoDrama43
08-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Based on my conversations with several of the Marti staff the information we are after is obtainable. Special Service package is clearly indicated on the Marti reports and is the indicator it was a package car.

This is going to be awesome stuff to have. It will be documented directly from Ford Motor Company. I don't think you could ask for a better source for the true build numbers of our cars.

I just made my donation :)

good stuff !!!

ImEvil1
08-19-2011, 07:08 PM
It's 100% do-able. Mick from FEP and I were just waiting on the report for my '85 to see if the SS package was listed as an option. It's no different than what they did on the T-roof production numbers FEP members were able to recently obtain. If it was listed an as option, which we verified it was, then the database can be searched.

calimustang
08-20-2011, 12:42 AM
How about 87-93?

MOstang
08-20-2011, 09:48 AM
How about 87-93?

They haven't made those available yet, althought, it is supposed to be very soon (I thought this year still). We should pursue for those as well. Mike M. - How would you suggest donations be identified that are sent and intended for the later year, 87-93, reports?

28HopUp
08-20-2011, 09:53 AM
How would you suggest donations be identified that are sent and intended for the later year, 87-93, reports?

With Paypal there is an option to include a note with your donation. So you can list how you want your money applied.

ImEvil1
08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm sorry to report that we are done with this....for now.

Kevin Marti emailed me and let me know that while the Special Service Package IS listed as an option on each Mustang, it's not "hard coded" (his words) into the database. As a result, it's not searchable. He has to already manually look at each and every one that he does verify as an SSP, which does take him extra time, but he doesn't charge extra.

He did say that he could get at the data by looking at individual orders, but that would take forever, and certainly would be cost-prohibitive.

For now, I think we should focus on the VIN project and verifying cars with the documentation we have coming in....as well as any new Marti reports that are ordered by members.

For those that contributed to this project, I will be refunding your money via Paypal. Thanks for the effort, and if anything changes, I will keep everyone posted.

MOstang
08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Sorry...the above answers my question in another post. It's a manual exercise.

28HopUp
08-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear his Mike, but I can understand the difficulties involved. "If only..." comes to mind in terms of being able to search the SSP option versus the DSO's. Thanks for trying!