PDA

View Full Version : New Family Member 90 Gov SSP

03cobra
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Well heres my latest pick up out of Tyler Texas. 1990 Gov SSP DSO#83 0113 Its a twilight blue with crystal blue interior(very nice) ,auto ,origional motor with the exception of a cobra upper/lower intake ,5 lug conver. and a B cam which will all be coming off asap. Cars been painted one time with a paint brush or an old t-shirt. Its straight and clean. All the buck tags are present including the door sticker. Hope to figure out what agency it belongs to. Thanks Mike! So I can restore it back to its glory days. Hope you guys like this SSP! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

03cobra
09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
More pictures

ABN2060
09-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Looks like a nice car. Love the 5 lug Cobra R's.

Was it posted up for sale here or .org a while back?

ImEvil1
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
In a batch of 86 consecutive VINs, with documented GSA cars at the tail end, DSO 0115.

03cobra
09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Im not sure if it was posted up or not. Car has not seen the road since 2006 according to inspection stickers. Doesnt mean the old owner didnt post or craigslist it. I just dont really know.

03cobra
09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
So Mike do you think its a GSA car or is it a guessing game? BTW thanks for the info and the picture of the Gov car.

ImEvil1
09-01-2011, 08:56 PM
So Mike do you think its a GSA car or is it a guessing game? BTW thanks for the info and the picture of the Gov car.

100% a GSA car, just not sure which agency it went to (yet).

03cobra
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Cool your the Man!!! Thanks

MOstang
09-02-2011, 06:57 AM
For those who may not be familiar, the GSA is the General Services Administration. One of their major functions is real estate and serving as basically the internal Landlord for the Government. The GSA is utilized for some other related services and I wonder if they are the ones that Procure vehicles for all of the Gov't agencies, or only for their own use? Curious if anyone knows here.

ImEvil1
09-02-2011, 07:43 AM
For those who may not be familiar, the GSA is the General Services Administration. One of their major functions is real estate and serving as basically the internal Landlord for the Government. The GSA is utilized for some other related services and I wonder if they are the ones that Procure vehicles for all of the Gov't agencies, or only for their own use? Curious if anyone knows here.

All agencies. http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21354

NoDrama43
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
good info Mr. Evil !

93sspmustang
09-06-2011, 05:07 AM
i had one i bought back in 1998 same color and interior i bought it from gsa it was an fbi car here in mcallen texas very interesting. i am going to look for the copy of the title . guy i sold it to worked at the city of mcallen water plant.

Wolfe1013
09-10-2011, 01:55 AM

Our National Park Service vehicles were ordered through GSA. If a park or other NPS unit owns a patrol car or other vehicle, the plate will begin with the letter "I" for Interior Dept.

I traded in a 1994 Police Package Jeep Cherokee for a brand new 1997 Jeep Cherokee my last summer in the park service (someone goofed and didn't order the police package). I got to drive to the Billings, Montana GSA office. Man, what a bunch of cars and trucks they had. I basically just walked in and traded keys and vehicle notebooks. I got to plan the equipment configuration and removing the Streethawk lightbar off the old '94 was my introduction to just how heavy one could be.

Congrats on the new car. Have fun with it. We have identified one SSP that did work for the National Park Service. Ya just never know!!

Greg

ImEvil1
09-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I traded in a 1994 Police Package Jeep Cherokee for a brand new 1997 Jeep Cherokee my last summer in the park service (someone goofed and didn't order the police package)

GSA commonly orders both package and non-package cars. In fact, most of what they order are not package cars. A good, current example of this are the Dodge Chargers currently in-service; many are regular-production cars. A good example of this in the past (SSP) is with the red Mustang that was seen in the film, "The Silence of the Lambs". It was a DSO 83 (government) car, but was NOT an SSP.

MOstang
09-10-2011, 01:25 PM
A good example of this in the past (SSP) is with the red Mustang that was seen in the film, "The Silence of the Lambs". It was a DSO 83 (government) car, but was NOT an SSP.
How did we arrive at that (not an SSP)? Has someone actually landed that car and reported it out? Thanks.

ImEvil1
09-10-2011, 02:55 PM
How did we arrive at that (not an SSP)? Has someone actually landed that car and reported it out? Thanks.

It came from me. I talked with the agency that wrecked it and I was allowed to take pictures of what was left of it.

Below is a pic:

ImEvil1
09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Here is a pic I took of the door tag (zoomed in). It clearly shows the 2 digit DSO (83) and lack of a 4 digit special order number.

MOstang
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
That's interesting. Do you know how it ended up in the movie? Did agency using it loan it out?

ImEvil1
09-10-2011, 06:30 PM
It was an FBI training car, and that scene was filmed at the academy.

NoDrama43
09-10-2011, 08:09 PM
sad ending to a rare car. that one definately "served"....

SparkSVT
09-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Holy SH T.... that was a terrbile wreck!!! That looks like it could have easily been a fatal accident. Did the driver survive?

ImEvil1
09-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Car didn't have a driver in it when it was crashed. They were conducting an on-track test with it and it ended up head-on into a tree at high speed off the track.