PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1990-1993 5.0 Coupe AOD daily driver

Wolfe1013
09-24-2011, 01:27 AM
If any of you know of a low mileage AOD 5.0 Coupe (50k to 100k mi), let me know. I'm casually looking and tossing around the idea of selling the Bullitt to get out of the 5-spd as a daily driver. My cousin is ready to buy it.

The white with gray color scheme is my favorite. I also love the Titanium Frost and Light Titanium colors. Silver 10-hole wheels preferred. I do NOT want a project, but understand normal wear and tear.

Looking for the amenities: Auto, PW, PDL, Tilt, Cruise, Rear Defrost. Stock condition mandatory.

Mechanically sound...as I said, this would become my daily driver. Paint needs to be in good shape as well as the interior. I don't want anything with a lot of mods, whether performance or stereo-wise.

An alternative would be a twin to my former 1995 Mustang GT. White with black cloth interior. Auto, PW, PDL, Tilt, Cruise, Rear Defrost.

For the '95, it's got to match. For a fox coupe, I'll consider either gray or black interior and just about any exterior color with the above mentioned colors preferred.

Must pass emissions tests!! I live in the city (Memphis, TN). I've had cars shipped in the past, but this one needs to be able to make the trip home should I personally come get it. I would consider an SSP if it meets the requirements and doesn't need a lot of work.

Oh, yeah, price. I'm not looking for anything over $10k, so you understand I'm not looking for a garage queen. Just something that's been taken care of and in the $5k range. If I'm off on the price/mileage expectation, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

ssp91ssp
09-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Greg, ever since the injury :No no: ...I know it would be easier for ya in an AUTO Mustang to get around town and stuff.
Most of us love 5spd Mustangs but I will say that our 92 auto ssp is a blast in town to drive..

Best of luck my friend.

calimustang
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
wish you posted that up a while ago, my buddy who did the motor swap had a sweet nice shape 91 white coupe with 90k for 3k, AOD. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not buying it.

28HopUp
09-26-2011, 11:04 AM
There's a 50K mile '93 notch on eBay right now -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Ford-Mustang-LX-5-0-V8-50K-Actual-Miles-Automatic-Silver-Gray-HAVE-SEE-/250897253470?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6aa4445e

The asking price is a bit over the $10K max, but you could probably get it for under that.

Wolfe1013
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Ford-Mustang-LX-5-0-V8-50K-Actual-Miles-Automatic-Silver-Gray-HAVE-SEE-/250897253470?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6aa4445e

The asking price is a bit over the $10K max, but you could probably get it for under that.

Holy cow that's a nice looking car. A bit much though. My Bullitt was a garage queen when I bought it. 8 yrs old and only 16.5k miles on it. That was 4 yrs and 52k miles ago. :(

Let me re-phrase the price range. $5,000 + or - $1,000 :) I just said nothing over $10k to let you know I can't afford a trophy car or time capsule.

Thanks...keep 'em coming. calimustang, there's a titanium coupe with black interior, AOD and 10-holes that I'm kicking myself over not buying years ago. It was in the Huntington Beach area, I think it was. Then there was a white with black interior AOD with 10-holes also in SoCal, but they had added an aftermarket sunroof. That killed the deal. I had a factory sunroof on my '89 LX Hatchback and did not want another one. Plus, the engine bay had never seen soap or possibly a tune-up. Was told you can't wash the motor down out there in SoCal.

Greg

FHP813
09-26-2011, 08:19 PM

That car has been on epay forever. I think someone here or the other place used to own it at one time.

28HopUp
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
That car has been on epay forever. I think someone here or the other place used to own it at one time.

I think you're right, Bernie. It's a nice car for sure, but I draw the comparison to Mike's 47K mile 85 GT. His car is just as nice as this notch, and it was purchased for a far better price than what this guys wants.

[Greg, sorry for derailing your thread]

Wolfe1013
09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
[Greg, sorry for derailing your thread]

Not derailed at all, Bill. This is what I want - price comparison so I know what is good and what to expect!!

:thumbsup: