PDA

View Full Version : FHP Resto Doc is up

ImEvil1
11-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/FHP.htm

It's still a work-in-progress, but it's got some pretty good info there.

86NeSSP
11-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/FHP.htm

It's still a work-in-progress, but it's got some pretty good info there.

Looking good Mike keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!

PoliceSSP
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Looks excellent Mike. Very interesting to see the different equipment in other states. Great job.

FlyinTiger
11-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I do like the equipment pics. New people to the hobby can see what they need to find to restore their cars. Nice job.

calimustang
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
pictures arent working but nice information!

xxtrpr
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Great job with the site and with resto section . THANX

bmt336
11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
good stuff

CHP 3705
11-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Looks great, learned alot of new things. Doug

ImEvil1
11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
:thumbsup: Glad you guys like it. A few more things to add yet...but we'll get there.

mustangretriever
11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm sure a lot of work went into this, but why not combine it with the FHP document that is on the sspmustang.org site? Mike Riley has a 21 page restoration document on his site dealing with the same agency.

Not trying to start anything, I just don't get it.

ImEvil1
11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm sure a lot of work went into this, but why not combine it with the FHP document that is on the sspmustang.org site? Mike Riley has a 21 page restoration document on his site dealing with the same agency.

Not trying to start anything, I just don't get it.

Eric,

No offense taken on my part.

If you compare the two documents, you'll notice some major differences. I attempted to get Mike to make some changes to the document over there (which I contributed greatly to) but they were never made.

NoDrama43
11-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Eric,

the 21 page FHP restoration document on ORG was contributed to by many different individuals. The FHP restoration document on this site is also the culmination of many years of research and collecting of factual documentation dealing with FHP. There are some differences in the documents but in the end is there such a thing as to much information?

MIke M was a huge contributor to the document on SSPMustang.org and having his own web site now it only makes sense that he include his information here also. Between the two sites, anyone restoring a FHP mustang should be able to figure it out. I hope that helps you get it.

Not trying to start anything or antagonise but given the past few weeks in the internet SSP world, I think it is pretty obvious why the information is being posted here.

mustangretriever
11-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I hope that helps you get it.

What I meant was, why not combine the two documents into one comprehensive doc. That's what I don't get.

I guess this goes back to the reason there are two sites now too. Of course I don't know the full story, but it just seems like the major players in this small SSP hobby should be able to settle their differences and work together.

Both docs are a nice source of info for anyone with a FHP SSP though.

ImEvil1
11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
What I meant was, why not combine the two documents into one comprehensive doc. That's what I don't get.

I guess this goes back to the reason there are two sites now too. Of course I don't know the full story, but it just seems like the major players in this small SSP hobby should be able to settle their differences and work together.

Eric,

I think I understand what you meant (it was a little unclear before).

Did you see my post over there about what happened? Mike left it up for about a day, but I'm sure many people missed it.

Mike has needed to update many things there, including the FHP resto doc, which is part of the problem I had with him. He recently made some changes to the tech section, which is a step in the right direction.

NoDrama43
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM

I agree with you Eric that it would be better if people could settle their differences. I also wish everybody knew the entire story but that isn't the case so we are all trying to just move on and enjoy the hobby. Hope to see you at a show someday.

mustangretriever
11-21-2006, 11:43 PM
I agree with you Eric that it would be better if people could settle their differences. Hope to see you at a show someday.

Yea, I agree, and I hope to meet you too and see some of those cars!

ImEvil1
11-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Yea, I agree, and I hope to meet you too and see some of those cars!

That's the problem with Jim's "one from every year" plan....unless you visit his shop, you'll never get to see them all.

NoDrama43
11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
speaking of "the shop"......I started putting the roof on today. i will try to post a pic or two tomorrow.

calimustang
11-22-2006, 01:42 AM
WHOO HOO!
speaking of "the shop"......I started putting the roof on today. i will try to post a pic or two tomorrow.

Unmrkd
11-22-2006, 09:19 AM
That's the problem with Jim's "one from every year" plan....unless you visit his shop, you'll never get to see them all.

I have had the good fortune to see the "Old" location. Words don't cut it to describe being in the presence of that many SSPs all together at once. The "New" location should be outstanding. Jim if a certain little white WSP won't fit in the new barn I think I could squeeze in in at my place HA!

ImEvil1
11-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I have had the good fortune to see the "Old" location. Words don't cut it to describe being in the presence of that many SSPs all together at once. The "New" location should be outstanding. Jim if a certain little white WSP won't fit in the new barn I think I could squeeze in in at my place HA!

Me too...the old, old location. :)

I updated the FHP document with a few more pics.

FHP813
11-23-2006, 06:36 PM
I updated the FHP document with a few more pics.

Looks good Mike. Very interesting pictures, I wish I could find that show (Real Stories)down here.:2thumbs:

ImEvil1
11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks...the hard part is going through all of the video. :)

I have good Mustang footage from several states.

mustangretriever
11-25-2006, 02:16 AM
I have good Mustang footage from several states.

Ever see any footage showing Missouri SSP's?

ImEvil1
11-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Ever see any footage showing Missouri SSP's?

Not yet....I do have one Mississippi car, though.

ImEvil1
12-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Added the 800 MHz radio information, for anyone wanting to see if their FHP car was equipped with one.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/FHPRadio.html

bmt336
12-01-2006, 02:40 AM
I, too, was fortunate to have trod the hallowed ground prior to groundbreaking. Plan on driving back up in the summer to see it completed.