PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area CHP Retirees Event

mac88chp
10-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Was invited to bring my Mustang to the CHP Golden Gate Division's annual Retirees Day and Open House event held at their division office in Vallejo this past Wednesday. It was a nice event and a great opportunity to talk to and share with some of those who drove the type. The other vintage vehicles that attended included an '86 Mustang and an original '55 Buick. Got to look at and crawl around inside some of their current equipment and also check out the new vehicle comm system now going in service-wow! I was also lucky enough to get a personalized tour of the communications center which handles traffic for the entire greater SF bay area. Super interesting stuff-too bad I wasn't allowed to shoot some photos inside there.

Did take a few on the outside to share here:

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/car_shows__events/golden-gate-div-ret/

Stopped on the way in to grab this early morning shot with the Mare Island (ex-Naval) Shipyard as a backdrop:

http://images57.fotki.com/v221/photos/9/438439/10138239/P1010795-vi.jpg

28HopUp
10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
That's a great picture! :D It sounds like you had a super time too! :)

GSPI
10-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Looks like you guys had a nice time! That's what this hobby is all about. Getting the cars out there and making sure the people enjoy them.

mac88chp
10-15-2011, 12:47 AM
That's a great picture! :D It sounds like you had a super time too! :)Thanks! I wanted to wait around a few minutes for some better lighting but had to get back on the road plus I had a small crowd of onlookers advancing on me wondering what the heck this guy was doing screeching into a no parking area and uncovering the doors of an old police car. :D

mac88chp
10-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Looks like you guys had a nice time! That's what this hobby is all about. Getting the cars out there and making sure the people enjoy them.You betcha! :yes:

litsnsirn
10-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Does the Buick belong to the CHP?