PDA

View Full Version : 1990 FHP for sale $2000

FoxBodyNut
11-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Well I took it in the behind on this car, my own fault by trusting someones word that the car was "REAL CLEAN" inside and out, I got a few pics of the car that were on the original CL ad, the car looked nice with those pics, seller said they werent computer savvy, and didnt even know what high resolution was, when I asked it they could take higher rez pics, so I figured, well my mom isnt computer savvy either, so I can relate, by the pictures I saw, and the owners time after time saying it was CLEAN, CLEAN, I did it, and bought it, I paid $3500 plus $850 to ship it, so I have $4350 in it, called the seller upset, and said you send me $1500 back, and I will keep the car, or I will pay another $850 to get it back to you, and you refund my money, OR I will get a lawyer involved, well I got a call back 30 minutes later telling me to stop bothering him, and shove the car up my @SS, I have tried all avenues with talking to lawyers, and basically it is mine, since it is a used car, all sales final, and I did a bank transfer... O WELL, MY LOSS! NEVER AGAIN!

With all that said, I have a 1990 Ex FHP for sale...this is how the original seller had it listed(cut and pasted):

1990 SSP STATE TROOPER SPECIAL TRUE MUSTANG (BLACK)
303 ENGINE 5 SPEED AA TRANSMISSION
113,000 ORIGINAL MILES
ICE COLD A.C.,,CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT.
SMALL FRONT TIRES, DRAGS ON BACK.
JUST SERVICED AND CHANGED ALL GASKETS.
CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT.
160 MPH ODOMETER. FUEL INJECTED.NO REV. LIMIT.
CLEAR TITLE
(904) 710-9603 CALL FOR INFO ON PRICE

CHECK THIS ONE OUT

This is the TRUTH:

I have a 1990 FHP SSP mustang for sale, the car is restorable, it is straight for the most part, under the hood is decent, and the engine runs strong, plus dont leak oil, The car has power windows, locks, ac, air bag, grey interior, new battery, and power mirrors

however it IS rough, it has 3 coats of paint on it,...the original black with creme(still creme on the underside of the trunk), then at one point somebody painted it red, there are some spots on the bumper covers, and misc places where there are chips in the paint, where red is peeking through, then someone painted it all back to black, so really this all needs to be taken back to metal, and start from scratch.

The drivers door has a good size dent in it(looks like somebody kicked it), and the drivers side window dont roll down, so it really just needs a new door hung on it, the passenger side is ok, and window functions.

The transmission is going to need to have the synchronizers replaced, it grinds into first and second gear...thats as far as I drove it.

The interior is kinda rough too, seats need a GOOD cleaning, carpet needs replaced(I have new grey carpet).

I would like to get $2000 cash out of the car, and cut my losses

I am attaching the pics of the car, the last one is one of the car how it was shown on the original cl post(with the aftermarket wheels), and ones of it now, PM me if interested, car is restorable, as the main body panels are straight

28HopUp
11-06-2011, 09:03 AM
That's a shame you got stuck on the deal. I'm sure you'll be able to sell it, and with your honest description you know you'll be dealing with an informed buyer.

FHP0827
11-06-2011, 10:00 AM
$2000 is a STEAL for this car guys, someone jump on this! 99% of FHP cars have had a cheap repaint and would need to be taken down to the metal and have a good paint job, so this is not a big deal. As for the tranny rebuild, a good percentage of them would need this as well, you can get a complete kit for around $300 if memory serves me right, and Ford Racing offers a kit with all OEM Timken bearings.

FoxBodyNut
11-06-2011, 12:28 PM
$2000 is a STEAL for this car guys, someone jump on this! 99% of FHP cars have had a cheap repaint and would need to be taken down to the metal and have a good paint job, so this is not a big deal. As for the tranny rebuild, a good percentage of them would need this as well, you can get a complete kit for around $300 if memory serves me right, and Ford Racing offers a kit with all OEM Timken bearings.

Thanks for the kind words, yeah it is a steal I think, just looking to move on, I put a deposit on a really clean...seen videos, and lots of pics 90 Colorado SSP. It's definately restorable...

SSP74
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi there. New to the forum and looking to own an SSP mustang soon. I'm currently in Afghanistan. I just wanted to let you know that I think your price is great for the FHP SSP. Someone will jump on this. I would be all over it if I was back home. Selling it on this site will keep the intent of restoring it back to its former service condition a probability. Fox Coupe 5spds out in the general fox body market don't last long at this price. Glad to see you channeling the sale thru here...Shane

05pwrstrk
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hear about this screwy deal. But on the other hand thank you for trying to sell it here. To someone that will make her beautiful again.

FoxBodyNut
11-22-2011, 10:25 PM
SOLD