PDA

View Full Version : 82 CHP Mustang being parted out

Mustang Kid
11-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Yesterday my dad saw an 82 SSP speedometer on ebay listed by a wrecking yard (could tell by the seller ID).
A couple years ago, there was a yellow 82 on ebay with a buy it now of about $1500. It was a wrecking yard that was selling it and they stated that if it didn't sell, they would part it out, but they knew what the car was(did they sign up here?). No one bought it (and my dad searched here last night to see if it was talked about and he found nothing). The yard is somewhere in the bay area my dad believes. Different parts have shown up on ebay before (not sure though).
I just dont want to see another 82 come about and then parted out. If it cant be saved then maybe its parts will live on on other CHPs.
Just an FYI. :(

Mustang Kid
11-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Found the listing. The mustang was either 100k or 200k miles looking at the #s
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-1982-CHP-FACTORY-140MPH-green-faced-SPEEDO-CLUSTER-ULTRA-RARE-/280769609454?hash=item415f2c3eee&item=280769609454&vxp=mtr

FoxChassis
11-13-2011, 04:04 AM
karparts54 = Steve Casto

He makes a living parting cars out. Many of them complete and running.

He is also selling a hood emblem and a diamond blue plate (852899) that he says are from a "CHP". The plate auction is titled "MUSTANG CHP 1982 - NOS DIAMOND CHP BLUE PLATE".

If it's possible to find the assignment card for that plate number we might find out which '82 SSP he parted.

28HopUp
11-13-2011, 10:45 AM
karparts54 = Steve Casto

He makes a living parting cars out. Many of them complete and running.

He is also selling a hood emblem and a diamond blue plate (852899) that he says are from a "CHP". The plate auction is titled "MUSTANG CHP 1982 - NOS DIAMOND CHP BLUE PLATE".

If it's possible to find the assignment card for that plate number we might find out which '82 SSP he parted.

I will add that number to the list of cards to ask about, but it isn't very close numerically to any other known '82 CHP Mustangs. It may have been used on a different vehicle. I've seen E plates listed before as having been used on a Mustang that weren't anywhere close to being correct (it's all about selling the sizzle in their for sale ads).