PDA

View Full Version : Recieved my title today, but...

92NM-SSP
01-21-2012, 03:56 AM
I recieved my tittle today,but it seems according to my carfax report there was another tittle issued after mine how can this be if I have the tittle in hand??? on the carfax I see the title number I have and the there is another title number after that with a later date and the title I have shows 123,000 miles and the title issued after mine shows 145,000 miles,,like I said with a diffrent number,,should I be concerned or will the dmv figure it out??

28HopUp
01-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Is it possible to find out whose name the latter title was issued to? Is that the same guy you bought it from? If both titles are in the seller's name, then hopefully you will have no issues.

Mustang Kid
01-22-2012, 01:24 PM
If the carfax has something like "title" on one of the dates, the car may have been sold and the new owners name put on the title. My SSP had "title" twice on it's autocheck report, but the dates were around the time the car sold to someone else so the names on the titles changed. The same thing could have happened with your car.

Buz
03-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Did you buy your car from out of state? There is a new fraud going on where people sell their car out of state and then immediately apply for a duplicate title, they then take the duplicate title to one of these title loan places and get a loan and a lien on the title and then of course never repay the loan. Problem is then you have someone looking to repo your car.

93LSPssp
03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Good grief they do that?

It's also called mortgaging sold property and it is VERY illegal here and I would bet in most other places as well.

That's not just civil, it will wind them up in the local jail.

92NM-SSP
03-17-2012, 03:18 AM
I don't think he would had got much for a 86 tittle or that they even take them that old,,anyways my tittle should be here any day now unless theres a problem