PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Rear FHP Radar Mount

CNTLOSE
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM
I am looking for pictures of rear mounted radar antennas on a FHP SSP. I am interested in seeing if this was a shop made bracket or one from the manufacture.

Based on the holes in my package tray it looks like the mount was mounted at an angle....which seems odd to me.

Thanks for any help.

CNTLOSE
06-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Bump...anyone?

SparkSVT
06-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I couldnt find holes back there when I owned that car. I do know it had radar in it for sure. I talked to the Lt. who had that car some time ago.

FHP813
06-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Allot of those cars had a piece of velcro on the rear bracket so there would be no holes.

CNTLOSE
06-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Allot of those cars had a piece of velcro on the rear bracket so there would be no holes.

Hmm...wonder what they are for then. Any ideas?

I am going to be getting her out of storage Monday or Tuesday so I will try and take some pics of them.

I do know they are not from the rear deck lights as I see those holes clearly. The inservice photos I have are after it was in an accident and the radar equipment was removed, so I can not say with 100% certainty that is what they are from. But with a former owner talking to the Trooper who was assigned the car I am guessing they are.