PDA

View Full Version : CHP SSP interior color

05pwrstrk
02-13-2012, 04:32 AM
So I've found a Mustang coupe near where my cabin is in the Sierra foothills. I'm not calling it an SSP(as of yet because I haven't verified it) but I strongly feel it is one because it has spotlights and an antenna on the left rear quarter panel. So my question is did..... CHP have blue interior in any of their Mustangs? I haven't walked up to this car yet but from a distance it looks like the interior was blue.

28HopUp
02-13-2012, 09:10 AM
I've never seen a CHP Mustang with a blue interior, but who's to say what a subsequent owner may have thought was a "good idea" by swapping in another interior. Or perhaps it was from a different jurisdiction than the CHP? When you go back, be sure to bring your camera, and please let us know what you find out about this car.

mac88chp
02-13-2012, 02:19 PM
No CHP Mustangs were ordered with interior colors other than tan or grey. A faded smoke grey interior (as used in the late '80s cars) definitely gives off a blueish hue in certain lighting. I was fooled a few times by this myself when attempting to hunt down some original seating for my car.

05pwrstrk
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I uploaded this picture I took of the car. When I downloaded the pic onto my computer I could see the front tire is a Goodyear Eagle. I hear what you are saying about the faded late 80s interior color changes. From about 25 feet away it looks faded blue but in this pic it could be grey. Next time I get up in that area I'll do some more investigating.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/76cjeep/SSP/IMG_3259.jpg

kapracing
02-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Has a chrome spot light instead of black also?

05pwrstrk
02-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Has a chrome spot light instead of black also?

Yeah the spots are chrome. I think the shafts are incorrect. They look too long.