PDA

View Full Version : 84 OSP Marti report

84oregonssp
03-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Got my Marti report today that I ordered last Friday night, waiting on Eminger report too. Sold in Portland and previous owner ( first publc owner) said it was stationed in Madras which is about 100 miles SE of Portland. Time for some more digging I guess. Interesting it says Console but the car is a delete car ??

NoDrama43
03-23-2012, 08:04 PM
do you have a build sheet for this one that you can compare the Marti report and emminger invoice to ? That would be nice to see how they compare. On both my 84 emminger invoices it clearly says "State of Oregon" as the customer howver my cars have gray interior. Interesting that your was ordered in blue like the WSP cars. Of course Texas ordered cars with multiple interiors so its obvious that not all agencies stuck with one color.

84oregonssp
03-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Here's the build sheet, Eminger report is in Sparks, Nevada now according to tracking ...

84oregonssp
03-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Got the Eminger report fpr my 84 OSP car today and it was optioned with a console ... When I bought the car it had the delete set-up with the 4 holes in shifter bezal like other OSP cars and the carpet was not cut for console. Ashtray was MIA but lighter was zip tied up under dash. Anyone have any ideas on this ?? Maybe an order screw-up and motor pool switched it out before putting into service ?? I've got a nice academy blue console from an 84 Vert I parted out but like the delete better. Going to dig under dash and look for console plug-in or were plugs there reguardless if console ordered or not ? Any help / thoughts or ideas are welcome. Thanks, Mark

28HopUp
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
With that kind of SOLID documentation, you've totally removed any doubt about how your car was optioned. "Why?" is another question altogether, but it sure is cool that you've been able to get all of that documentation on your car.

NoDrama43
03-26-2012, 06:07 PM
things I noticed .......
does your build sheet specify a console? and looking at your buildsheet does "conventional spare" mean the little space saver spare and not a fifth full sized ssp wheel? I also notice on my eminger invoice it specifys "Oregon State" where yours does not however the order date is the exact same (12/22/83). Your build sheet also specifys "Oregon". Both my OSP cars have cruise and gray interior and yours is no cruise with blue. They are actually duplicate cars except for the paint color. Your car is equipped with rear defrost also where neither of mine are. Lastly my eminger invoices include "delete paint stripe". All the inservice pics I have seen of 84 OSP cars show they didn't have a paint stripe.

It sure would be nice if these cars could talk. :) It would be easier to figure them all out.

FoxChassis
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't see a console code on the build sheet. (Line D, Column 38, "CONSOLE")

84oregonssp
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Ya it's real nice to have the docs for car, but almost more questions than I started with ... LOL Guessing it had full size spare as the build sheet says 5 205/70R14 tires on it. Defrost may have been for area where stationed, if it was Madras area they get lots more snow and ice than the western side of state. Wonder what sheet to believe? Guessing the build sheet should over rule others as that was on assembly line to guide the build? Looked for full console wiring under dash and saw none or any clipped wires so thinking it never had one. Gentleman I bought from bought it late 1987 from auction dealer and I doubt he changed the carpet and console. Cann't remember seeing extra holes by E-brake handle but may need to pull carpet again and look for sure.