PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Red/Red SSP on ebay

28HopUp
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170834193165&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

The seller added the 6-digit DSO number to his ad after I asked him about it. He also said that the Buck Tags are in place. I didn't ask if he knew any of the car's history. According to the ad, the VIN is 1FACP40E5LF141696. So when I checked in our VIN Project just now, I realized that this car was already listed:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/MISC/1990GOV141696/info141696.htm

All original, non-modified, SSP Mustang, (headers have been added and exhaust has been upgraded, original catalytic converters and exhaust included if desired), ID number "83" designates car as "Government" issue, was never used as a highway patrol vehicle, buck tags are attached, 160mph speedometer, single key for ignition and trunk, silicone hoses, reinforced floorboards, and relocated trunk release button further verify authenticity, interior is is in very good condition, exterior is solid, no rust, never any accident damage, paint is presentable, but it will need to be redone, passenger door has a small, sharp ding in it. The car is not perfect,and needs some attention, but it's one of the decreasing number of fully original, unmodified SSP mustangs still around.

MOstang
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I like that color combo, although I'm not sure that it is particularly popular with most people.

28HopUp
05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Mike, I like the red interiors too. Red does not look good after age, wear, and years of sun exposure. But a factory-fresh red interior (restored or not) looks great IMO.

Bullitt1609
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Any ideas on the potential history for this vehicle (i.e. where it may have been used and by who)? When asked, the seller informed me he purchased it from a friend, who purchased it in 1998 from a dealer, who purchased it at auction.

Mustang Kid
05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Makes me want a red on red coupe:) But my dad has something better... a red on red 5.0 Convertible:D
Still has the antenna cable in the trunk. Says in the description it was a government car.