PDA

View Full Version : Interesting monthly club meeting

MOstang
05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
The local MCA affiliate I belong, the Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan (MOCSEM) held our May monthly meeting in the Ford World Headquarters auditorium on Tuesday evening. Lot's of Ford Execs turned out for the event and spoke to a packed audience of club members. Our annual Mustang Memories All-Ford show in August at Ford WHQ has had over 800 cars each of the past 2 years with what I would say included about 90% of the participation being Mustangs. It's quite an event if you ever get the chance to attend.

Vaughan Gitten, Jr. the big drifting competitor made an impromptu appearance as well after a day out on the Dearborn test track. Other speakers included Edsel Ford II (see pic) from the Ford Board of Directors; Mark Fields (see pic) the Ford President for the Americas; Jim Farley (see pic) the Ford Group VP Global Market, Sales & Service; Raj Nair (see pic) the new Ford Group VP Global Product Development; Dave Pericak the Ford Mustang Chief Engineer, Jamie Allison the Ford Racing Director; and others.

This is the first time that our club has managed to hold one of our general meetings there. It's really impressive to see the support that Ford Motor Company has for the Mustang enthusiast. And I am quite certain they are going to do right by the enthusiast community with the 50th anniversary Mustang. I've included an audience pic, which I noticed has me included in it, but I won't give away which one I am.

GSPI
05-11-2012, 07:34 AM
I can see you... looks great!

28HopUp
05-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I know a few members of MOCSEM through other Mustang forums, and that club is very active. I don't know how many members there are total, but the turnout at your meeting looks quite impressive. Thanks for the pics!

Mustang Kid
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
The guy in the blue shirt and black hat just below the center looks like Harrison Ford?

I want that Shelby :)

MOstang
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
The guy in the blue shirt and black hat just below the center looks like Harrison Ford?)

The young Harrison Ford or the old Harrison Ford? No I don't look like him, but I wouldn't mind looking like the young one :D.