PDA

View Full Version : Reproduction E plates for E870448

SSPCHPSTANG3101
05-23-2012, 11:38 PM
I just found out License Plates Tv no longer replicates California License Plates any longer and just my luck.This company did a awesome job replicating a set of plates for my Adam 12 1968 Belvedere. Well today I created a plate program on my Vinyl cutter to attempt to make the flat letter license plates. I still have some minor tweaking on the progaram for number and spacing and I am close. I call it "Trial and Error", and once the Vinyl Cutter is cutting its programmed dimensions there is no stopping it until it is completed, In a nut shell you have to go back to the dimesions and reduce the sizes which takes some time and start all over with fresh vinyl material. To make a long story shorter I created License Plates for "Retired" 1982 CHP Unit number 0448 this morning. Well I have the dooors so why not experiment on the plates. I can always hang them on the wall and after all I did bring the car back to California from Sirra Vista Arizona and that is fare enouhg for bragging rights thay I once owned her. So here are the plate numbers I cut this morning and keep in mind the program to cut these numbers is very adjustable and easy to go back to the drawing board.

Mustang Kid
05-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Pretty cool! You could make some money by making custom liscense plate frames for people, unless you already do that:)

Since I most likely won't be able to get a set of "correct" stamped plates, I thought of having a set of flat plates. Might just get personalized Oregon plates of "408337".

John10608
05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
What sign program are you using ?
If you get some true shadow vinyl, ( Gregory Supply )
Add a drop shadow, it would give it the 3 dimensional effect and look more realistic. It would look like a raised number from a distance.

you need to round all of the corners on all letters and numbers as well. Does your program do that ?

SSPCHPSTANG3101
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
What sign program are you using ?
If you get some true shadow vinyl, ( Gregory Supply )
Add a drop shadow, it would give it the 3 dimensional effect and look more realistic. It would look like a raised number from a distance.

you need to round all of the corners on all letters and numbers as well. Does your program do that ?

John, the program is named "Cut Studio" that came with my Vinyl Cutting Machine. I have had this for several years and is more than likely a old out dated cutting program today.
I will have to check out Gregory Supply for the shadowing.
I completly forgot to roung the corners of the numbers and thank you for that tip.

SSPCHPSTANG3101
05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Pretty cool! You could make some money by making custom liscense plate frames for people, unless you already do that:)

Since I most likely won't be able to get a set of "correct" stamped plates, I thought of having a set of flat plates. Might just get personalized Oregon plates of "408337".

Yea I probably could but with a full time job and my two back to back car projects time could be a factor.

If you lived in California or could get California Registration California Historical Plates look cool but I believe your vehicle has to 25 years or older and there could be some restrictions as far as the car being intended for a daily driver. I will post a sample pic from the last Morrow Bay Show in April of this year.

SSPCHPSTANG3101
05-31-2012, 02:03 PM
While at the last Morro Bay Police and Fire Car Show in April of this Year, Rich tooned me on to the brilliant idea of California Historical License Plates for my 1982 Retired CHP Mustang since the previous owner removed his personal Plates California "DIRECTS". Today is the day my wife is going to the Department of Motor Vehicles to do the Vessel Search for my Unknown Unit Number Mustang. I am going to have my wife inquire if the the four numbers and number can be ordered to letters or numbers of choice. If that is the case than my discovered Unit number could be identified on a Historical Plate. Well here is a pic of a California Historical Plate

CHP8336
05-31-2012, 10:32 PM
While at the last Morro Bay Police and Fire Car Show in April of this Year, Rich tooned me on to the brilliant idea of California Historical License Plates for my 1982 Retired CHP Mustang since the previous owner removed his personal Plates California "DIRECTS". Today is the day my wife is going to the Department of Motor Vehicles to do the Vessel Search for my Unknown Unit Number Mustang. I am going to have my wife inquire if the the four numbers and number can be ordered to letters or numbers of choice. If that is the case than my discovered Unit number could be identified on a Historical Plate. Well here is a pic of a California Historical Plate

My historical plates are on order! I will post as soon as possible when I recieve them. FYI the Ca DMV form is INF 70 R for your cars history report. :D

stadair
05-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Very sharp looking. Good work.

SSPCHPSTANG3101
05-31-2012, 11:56 PM
My historical plates are on order! I will post as soon as possible when I recieve them. FYI the Ca DMV form is INF 70 R for your cars history report. :D

Thanks Rich I got my form today and I will bewaiting my "Since New" DMV History search for my E Plate # that I sent off today. Dmv has a sequential number and letter system that cant be altered. My Wife asked if it was possible to place the last four numbers of the cars unit unit numer and they said, "No, these are sequential numbered plates.So there it is. I cvant wait to see yor plates when they come in. Thanks for all the tips,info and time you have given me for my Project.

mac88chp
06-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Very nice guys. I've been waiting for a number of years for my car to turn the requisite 25 model years old so I can order the Historical Vehicle plates. That happens this coming January! :)