PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Police Museum Show June 30, 2012

GSPI
06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
To all:

We have a vintage police vehicle show coming up in Cleveland Ohio:

http://images31.fotki.com/v1100/photos/4/42477/2505011/CPDMuseumShowFlyer-vi.jpg

We are looking for participants to email me at NCEVS(at)att.net ASAP so that we can have a spot reserved for you. There is no admission fee but you do have to register your 1992 or older vehicle (we can make an exception for 93 SSP's though so email us). We are having a registered participant's dinner on Friday night and we have the museum open for this event. Donations for the museum are welcomed and we look forward to seeing you there!

GSPI
06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
So far I have registrations from GA, IL, PA, NY, and OH, anybody coming from MI? There is a dinner included with your registration on Friday night for reference.

MOstang
06-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Greg - What's the last date you can take confirmations? I have some scheduling things trying to work out that would allow me to attend. Assuming if necessary it's ok if we were to drive in that morning and miss out on the Friday dinner? Thanks.

GSPI
06-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Just let me know what you want to do and I can get you in. You still have my phone number too so let me know by Thursday might be best. If you make it in on Friday we have a dinner for you if you'd like if not we can see you on Saturday!

MOstang
06-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Greg - Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to have to take a pass this time...have a business trip the end of week that is proving to be unmovable and too long. The event seems like it will be a neat time so I'm disappointed will be missing it.

GSPI
06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Coming into the last week before the show... let me know if you are planning on coming.

GSPI
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Bringing this to the top! Still getting and taking registrations, it's not too late! :2thumbs:

MOstang
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Greg - Sorry about the back and forth and lateness of this committment. That being said, with a little bit of creativity on my travel schedule and forgoing a bit of sleep (hey it's overrated anyway), I'm going to make your show this Saturday. I will need to send my regrets for the Friday evening activities as I will not be able to attend them. Momentarily I will send you an email from my peraonal email address to the one you listed on flyer as I'm in need of a few pieces of information. I will be driving my 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP, which I'm assuming although newer than the advertised model year range is agreeable given your comments on SSP model year vehicles being acceptable. Should be fun...thanks.

GSPI
06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Yes you are obviously welcome and I look forward to your arrival!

Thanks for your support in our inaugural event! There will be some sneak peeks into the museum as well and some nice surprises for attendees.

MOstang
06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Greg - Thanks for sending the other info :happyspin:. Now let's hope for no rain on Saturday. Looks like it will be a warm one out there.

GSPI
06-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Yep, got plenty of water and drinks available there at the show! Not to mention that the museum is air-conditioned so there is an escape available.

GSPI
06-29-2012, 11:55 PM
The show is under way... we had some fine food and wonderful company and of course copcars.... Looking forward to the participants heading over tomorrow!

MOstang
07-06-2012, 08:25 PM
A big thanks to GSPI for being such a good host at this past Saturday's inaugural car show at the Cleveland, OH PD. I brought out the 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP. A fun time was had by all in attendance...attached are a few pics for your viewing enjoyment. Here's looking forward to next year's event. :2thumbs:

GSPI
07-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Thank you for coming Mike, I hope you enjoyed yourself and maybe next year you'll make the welcome dinner on the Friday night. We had a great time and was a success for the museum as they have never had this type of foot traffic ever in the museum according to the trustees. Really a great time and hope you guys can make the 2nd annual show next June (exact date is TBA for now).

Here is a link from Copcar.com's site where the show photos are posted:

http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/miscellaneous_photo/car_shows/2012-cleveland-muse/

ChrisL
07-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Very cool Greg! Congrats on putting together a great show, good to see the Idaho car out there too!

28HopUp
07-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm glad to hear that your first show was a success. Since Cleveland is less than 7 hours away, I will have to keep next year's show on my radar. :)

NoDrama43
07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
looks like a great time. I wanted to go but have all my vacation time scheduled for Idaho in October/November this year. I will be sure and make it next year.

GSPI
07-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Idaho?? There's nothing but potatoes and 18 missing 1986 SSP Mustangs there!? :D

NoDrama43
07-07-2012, 03:23 PM
going to be at 8000 feet hunting elk, cougar, mule deer, black bear, and gray wolf.

no cell phone service, no work issues to manage, and no holigan nonsensical blabber to read and hear about.

I may make this trip a yearly event.....but probably not a full 5 weeks.

However in 35 months and 24 days I can stay as long as I like.... :)

GSPI
09-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Well we got the video footage of the event up on FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/clevelandpolicemuseum

To see what you missed at the show, here is a direct video link:

http://vimeo.com/49894950

Nice to relive the memories! See you guys next year! :D

MOstang
09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
This was a fun time for anyone looking to add a show to their schedule next year. :2thumbs:

28HopUp
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Well we got the video footage of the event up on FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/clevelandpolicemuseum

To see what you missed at the show, here is a direct video link:

http://vimeo.com/49894950

Nice to relive the memories! See you guys next year! :D

Thanks for posting up the link! I finally carved out some time while eating lunch to watch the entire video. Nicely done!

GSPI
10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!