93chipper
07-24-2012, 04:22 AM
auction is aug 29. plate# 910781 says its a 86 mustang

John10608
07-24-2012, 08:55 AM
where's the link ?

FoxChassis
07-24-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.dgs.ca.gov/ofam/Programs/StSurplus/Auctions/NextList.aspx?AuctionID=178

License Number: 910781
Year, Make, Model: 1986 FORD MUSTANG
Mileage: 32266
Main Auction: [blank]
No Docs: [blank]

Auction Services

The Vehicle auction will be held at 5950 Chiles Road in Davis, California 95618.

Viewing and registration begins the morning of the auction at 7:30 A.M. and ends at 9:00 A.M (registration will continue as long as the auction is in process).

The auction starts at 9:00 A.M. and ends when the last vehicle is auctioned. The awarded bidder will have until 4:00 P.M. to make payment in full.

The awarded bidder will have four state business days to remove all paid for items. No items will be released until full payment is made.

The following is a tentative list of auction items for the Wednesday, August 8, 2012 auction. Please note that this list of items available for bidding is subject to additions and deletions.

An X in the MAIN AUCTION column indicates the vehicles may be driven off the lot. No X means the vehicle must be towed off the lot. An X under NO DOCS column indicates that the vehicle will be sold with a Junk Receipt.

Items with a status of "Ready" are more likely to be available for bidding. Visit this list frequently to get an updated list. For the most accurate list of what will be ready for bidding, visit this list a day to a week before the auction date.

Items in this list are sorted by status then by license number.

Mustang Kid
07-24-2012, 01:33 PM
My dad and I have known about this car for a few weeks now. We will be attending the auction with intentions of buying it and bringing it back to Oregon.

My dad is gonna run the plate to get the VIN, then we will see if the VIN fits in the CHP VIN range.

It may not even be an SSP. It could have been a confiscated car put into undercover use, or just an administrative car, or used by some other state run entity.

It certainly could be a CHP car that was transferred to another agency in the state, and that agency put a newer plate on the car.

With the X, it is a non running car and has most likely been sitting for a few years. Stuff like that happens.

93chipper
08-05-2012, 05:40 PM
did anyone find out if it is a 86 chp

Mustang Kid
08-05-2012, 09:40 PM
No not yet, my dad hasn't ran the plate yet. That's the only way to get the VIN.

In my last post I mixed up the X meaning. Car doesn't have an X, so it has been sitting for years most likely, thus it won't start or had mech problems so it was parked.

1989 Tx DPS SSP
08-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Can anyone from Sacramento take a ride over to Davis to see if they can take some pictures and inspect the vehicle before this date if they would let them.

Tom

Mustang Kid
08-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Viewing is the morning of the auction, 1 hour before the auction starts. You have to be present to bid, have to pay in cash, and have to pay in full that day.

That's how this auction works.

1989 Tx DPS SSP
08-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I read that in the Auction list, but didn't know if they might allow a preview before hand. It never hurts to ask.

Tom

Mustang Kid
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah they are pretty strict on people only being able to view on the day of the show. The auctioneer(and staff I think) is actually in Utah and travels to Davis for the auction.

Steve A
08-07-2012, 06:00 PM
If that's the correct license number, there is no record for that # in CA,OR,NV,or WA

Mustang Kid
08-08-2012, 02:16 AM
If that's the correct license number, there is no record for that # in CA,OR,NV,or WA

If you ran it in a smog check or carfax, CA state vehicles are usually smogged by the state, not like regular vehicles, so reports won't show up.

My dad being a sheriff deputy, he can run the plate # and get the VIN. He hasn't had the time lately.

My 85 CHP SSP had no smog reports or history until 1997 when I presume it was sold and the new owner had it smogged.

05pwrstrk
08-08-2012, 02:45 AM
There is a 1995 CHEVY CAPRICE on the list too!! Possibly an ex-CHP too?? I can't wait to here the results on the Mustang. :popcorn1: I wish I could go but I have to work. Frickin work keeps getting in the way.

I'd like to look into the 07 Yamaha Quads too. These are probably ex-Fish & Game.

Steve A
08-08-2012, 07:52 AM
My dad being a sheriff deputy, he can run the plate # and get the VIN. He hasn't had the time lately.

It was run the same way that your dad would.

mac88chp
08-08-2012, 01:49 PM
If you ran it in a smog check or carfax, CA state vehicles are usually smogged by the state, not like regular vehicles, so reports won't show up.

My 85 CHP SSP had no smog reports or history until 1997 when I presume it was sold and the new owner had it smogged.Actually, I've seen plenty of smog tests done by the state on state owned cars show up on the BAR database. Sometimes the plate numbers were reported as "Exxxxxx" and sometimes just numbers "xxxxxx".

93chipper
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
the caprice is most likely a state prison car

Mustang Kid
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
the caprice is most likely a state prison car

Which most likely was a CHP. ;)

Thanks Steve A, just didn't know what you used.

I'll be sure to take pictures down there :)

Mustang Kid
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Hmm. My dad says the auction list is gone, so they might have had the auction yesterday:eek:

Hopefully, they just took it down and the cars haven't been sold. They've done stuff like this in the past...:No no:

05pwrstrk
08-09-2012, 05:42 PM
The auction date was for Wednesday the 8th. You guys didn't make it? I remember the date because I was kicking myself for picking up work that day.

Mustang Kid
08-09-2012, 06:53 PM
No we didn't, because the last date we saw was the 29th, even one of my dads friends down there called to tell us.

Rhino
08-09-2012, 08:19 PM
That 86 is going to look great in my driveway when it gets up here. You snooze...you lose.

:) :) JUST KIDDING!!! :) :)

GSPI
08-09-2012, 08:29 PM
That 86 is going to look great in my driveway when it gets up here. You snooze...you lose.

:) :) JUST KIDDING!!! :) :)

http://www.bazingawebdesign.com/sites/default/files/bazinga_logo.png

05pwrstrk
08-10-2012, 02:01 AM
No we didn't, because the last date we saw was the 29th, even one of my dads friends down there called to tell us.

So was it the 8th or is it the 29th?

Mustang Kid
08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Curse you Ryan! Lol

So was it the 8th or is it the 29th?

I have no clue. Said for the 29th.

Rhino
08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Sorry buddy - just messin' with ya. :)

Mustang Kid
08-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Good news! They just took the list down to add more trailers and heavy duty equipment kind of stuff.

:)

05pwrstrk
08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Good news! They just took the list down to add more trailers and heavy duty equipment kind of stuff.

:)

That is great news. I'm going to try and make the auction. Are you guys going to make it?

Mustang Kid
08-13-2012, 03:07 PM
That is great news. I'm going to try and make the auction. Are you guys going to make it?

Yeah we'll certainly be there :)

05pwrstrk
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah we'll certainly be there :)

If I make it it would be great to meet up and say hello.

Mustang Kid
08-25-2012, 10:34 PM
If I make it it would be great to meet up and say hello.

That would be nice. :)

My dad and I will be leaving tomorrow to make the trip. We have some stops along the way like In N Out burger, a couple wrecking yards/scrap yards, and we'll get a tour of the CHP Acadamy, Motor Transport, and the Evoc cars.

We're taking my Crown Vic since it can pull a car and has a trailer hitch incase we decide to bring the mustang back up to Oregon if we get it, if not we have storage setup. Might buy a late model Crown Victoria as well.

Only 4 days away :D

CNTLOSE
08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
So....any news yet?

05pwrstrk
08-29-2012, 05:59 PM
So....any news yet?

I called their cell phone number but it went to voice mail. I tried to get up there today but unfortunately that didn't work out. I curious too. :popcorn1:

Mustang Kid
08-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I called their cell phone number but it went to voice mail. I tried to get up there today but unfortunately that didn't work out. I curious too. :popcorn1:

My dad is talking to you right now :D

Ok guys, it wasn't what I was expecting, but the car had original paint, very nice tan interior, new tires, pretty nice overall. It was locked up so no one could get in and look at the motor. The air box was on the passenger floor so I was telling people the motor was apart on the top end. Bunch of people who looked and sounded like they wouldn't take care of the car or would mod it out. We tried very hard to get it, but some kid bought it for $3300. He was shaking and just kept his paddle up. The car was sold in about 15-20 seconds after it started for $800 or so.

Oh and by the way, it was a 32k original mile Canyon Red 86 GT :D

I was pretty sad that we didn't get it, pretty much just wanted to leave the auction since I had been standing around for about 3-4 hours anxiously waiting. I kind of felt like if my car got towed and sold off without me knowing until the last minute and I couldn't do anything about it. It was a car that I would have cleaned up and sold no problem since it was a solid roof car. I left a note with the fep address on the car, hopefully he checks it out and see's what he really has.

The Caprice was not a CHP, but a dark blue, grey interior 9c1. It was rough for a complete car, needed paint, rare body mouldings, complete interior, ect. Didn't catch what it went for since I was over checking out the Mustang. The people who looked interested in the Mustang really were interested in the Caprice and bought it. They were the type that would customize/lowride the car :(

There was one Charger, a 09 IIRC. It had been sitting for some time, miscellaneous parts taken off, multiple flat tires, and no visible damage. Thorough looking over and we came to the conclusion that it had undercarriage damage, thus the oil pan was crushed and all the oil had drained out. Officer probably didn't know and kept driving then the motor went out. I had written bad motor on the windshield just because(we knew it would go for some coin), then when it came to sell some hot shot "I'm better than you" kind of guy thought it had a new motor and called the car junk. I kept myself from telling the guy to buy it and find out for himself. It went for around $3300.

There were two CHP dodge trucks too. One a older late 90s with a bad trans, and a newer Hemi that had been hit in an intersection pushing the front end over about a foot.

A lot of the Crown Vics(all CHP, about 70 of them) went for around 1k-3500.
We were lucky and grabbed the last one for $2100, a 2009 Crown Vic in the Dead Row. Turns out that there was nothing wrong with the car and it had a clean title. A couple other CVs were the same way. I think the running lot was filled so they stuffed some in the non running. Most of the totaled not runners still went for the price that could get a runner for. Back in 2003 (the last time my dad went) there was only a crowd of maybe 50 people and cars were being sold for 25 dollars out in the non running. Today there was 500 or more and I've already told of the prices.

The mustang was gone when we paid for the 09. I was kind of glad I didn't have to look at it anymore. They might have driven it away with a clean title. Did get to take a ride in the 09 though, which brightened my day a little. Can't wait to get working on it in the next couple weeks when it gets shipped up to Oregon.

I wish I could upload the many pictures I took, but this Ramada Inn wifi is fail.

Here's the Charger at least
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r546/TheCopFoxStop/CHPs/IMG_8861.jpg

EDIT: The mustang pic loaded
http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r546/TheCopFoxStop/CHPs/IMG_8864.jpg

93chipper
09-02-2012, 02:50 AM
the 86 gt is up for sale again now its 5500 dollars its on craigslist

Rhino
09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
CL Ad: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3238660046.html

Why should you consider this Mustang:
- 32,000 original miles (title shows original mileage and will include CarFax with sale)
- 1 of 245 Medium Canyon Red Metallic on Sand Beige cloth
- Has only had one adult owner that drove it responsibly and took great care of it.
- Only year of the "four eyed" model with fuel injection (last year of the "four eyes" and first year of the fuel injected engine).
- Solid roof (no T-Tops or sunroof)

Options:
- GT 5.0 Package.
- 5-Speed Manual.
- Power Windows
- Power Door-Locks
- Cruise control

Exterior:
- Great condition for being twenty-six years old.
- Minor scratches, but no dents or other damage.
- Hood vinyl is a little faded, but it looks better like that.
- All the glass is in great condition.
- No clear coat peeling or anything like that.

Interior:
- Great condition for being from '86.
- Seats have very little wear.
- No rips, tears or any damage on seats.
- Rear seats feel as if they were never sat on.
- Carpet is a little dirty.

Modifications:
- K&N Intake. I am pretty sure it is CA SMOG legal (has a K&N badge thing on the grill support), but will include original air box.
- Flowmaster mufflers.

What I ask of you:
- Please be a serious buyer if you are going to contact me.
- If you are going to come and look at the car, please be ready to buy it.
- Do not waste my time.
- Do not insult me with ridiculous offers.
- If you are going to test drive my car, please treat it with respect (no abuse, no high revs, peel outs, etc.).

nine 1 6 71.5 8.4 99

notch back notchback four eyed eyes saleen cobra svo fox body foxbody ssp sn95

http://images.craigslist.org/5N85I35Eb3G63I13L6c8t383819b24fa816c5.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/5T65K55J63n63Ge3J4c8t7ef23aa4eaf710de.jpg

Mustang Kid
09-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah I saw that. Kid joined up on fep. He's thinking about keeping it.
He researched it the day of the auction and bought it out of curiosity and impulse lol. He's pretty nice. As long as he keeps his price high it should go to a good owner if he decides to go through with selling it. If he has a low price or accepts a low ball offer it most likely will get modded and originality destroyed.