PDA

View Full Version : GSP decal information

ex91gsp
08-28-2012, 12:30 AM
I got permission to restore the car from the GSP and now need to find things. Does anyone know the font that is used for the lettering and also does anyone know where I can get a file with the decals for the sign shop that will be doing them.

NoDrama43
08-28-2012, 08:29 AM
When Colorado sent me my permission letter they also provided the vendors name and contact information for decals. If GSP gave you permission to restore and display the car they should provide you with the vendor that makes them. Are they willing to do that?

MOstang
08-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Jim's suggestion is a good one, and if you buy through their supplier I have a suggestion. When I purchased Missouri State Highway Patrol, under scenario Jim describes, the current graphics had somewhat changed. The MSHP had also changed suppliers since that time period. Fortunately another forum member gave me the tip on slight MSHP changes in graphics (color, font and a wording change), so I was able to talk the person through exactly what I needed and provide them photos to also aid getting to the period correct graphics. A little work on their end and bingo they sent me proofs of exactly what I needed, which led to my purchasing them.

ex91gsp
08-29-2012, 12:23 PM
The person that I talked to can't find out the font and thinks they may make them in house. I have looked through 1000's of fonts and can't find one like it.

ThinBlueLineDesigns
12-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Might be too late, but the font is Nesobrite.

http://puu.sh/dr4AB/58ede92a28.jpg

kapracing
12-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks, always wonder if it had a name or if it was a one off.

ps... I was given a couple original sets ( vintage set and several new ones, which are the same except fender "STATE TROOPER" for the record ) I had them scanned and can have copies made anytime a set is needed... I also was given a run of the Perm/Badge #'s as well 0-9 so those can be gotten as well. If anyone has a GSP and does not know their Perm/Badge or Roof #'s all I'll need is the last six of the vin and I can provide those aslo...

xxtrpr
12-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks, always wonder if it had a name or if it was a one off.

ps... I was given a couple original sets ( vintage set and several new ones, which are the same except fender "STATE TROOPER" for the record ) I had them scanned and can have copies made anytime a set is needed... I also was given a run of the Perm/Badge #'s as well 0-9 so those can be gotten as well. If anyone has a GSP and does not know their Perm/Badge or Roof #'s all I'll need is the last six of the vin and I can provide those aslo...

Bobby,
Seriously want to thank you for everything your doing and have done for this forum and our hobby/passion for SSP's

kapracing
12-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Bobby,
Seriously want to thank you for everything your doing and have done for this forum and our hobby/passion for SSP's

Thanks,
I have been very blessed, asking the right questions (and to the right people), having the right doors opened up and meeting some great people along the way. It is now, and has always been about the cars for me... Slowly working on a restoration page for the GSP's...