PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

OldSSPguy
08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Just want to introduce myself and my story.
Names Mike and from Staten Island N.Y. (hopefully within the yr I'll be living in southern AL),retired N.Y.C. police officer and had the pleasure of owning a 1989 N.Y.S trooper SSP about 13 yrs ago and mistakenly mistakenly sold a few yrs later. While I was working as a police officer I was assigned to the plain clothes unit and while your in the unit your personal car has to go on the "sheet" which means my retired SSP came out of retirement and once again was prowling the streets.
Out of all the cars I have ever owned (which is in excess of 20 cars) my SSP had to be my favorite and hopefully once I get my sons college bill paid ( 1 or 2 yrs) I will once again find a SSP and clean it up and enjoy the ride.

So I look foward to being on this forum and reading your stories of SSP finds.

Mike

ssp5.0
08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Welcome! Lots of info and knowledgable people here.

Bruce

OldSSPguy
08-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Welcome! Lots of info and knowledgable people here.

Bruce

Are their any N.Y.S SSP vehicles on the site?

Andy
08-31-2012, 06:24 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vttx5l.jpg

28HopUp
08-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Are their any N.Y.S SSP vehicles on the site?

Welcome to the site! I don't have a New York SSP, but I do have an Ingot Silver 2012 California Special. What year is yours (or is it a MCA Edition)?

MOstang
08-31-2012, 07:05 PM
+1 welcome to the forum. Not many NYSP SSPs returned to in-service condition out there. Too bad and they are some of the nicest. One that appeared to be quite nice sold for big bucks a few years ago. To my knowledge that owner hasn't showed up here, or at least if they have I don't think they are posting. Best wishes. I have just come into posession of a nice article from 1990 on NYSP SSP and will be posting it up here to share shortly.

OldSSPguy
08-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the site! I don't have a New York SSP, but I do have an Ingot Silver 2012 California Special. What year is yours (or is it a MCA Edition)?

2011 Black V6 W/Performance Package...real nice driver.

+1 welcome to the forum. Not many NYSP SSPs returned to in-service condition out there. Too bad and they are some of the nicest. One that appeared to be quite nice sold for big bucks a few years ago. To my knowledge that owner hasn't showed up here, or at least if they have I don't think they are posting. Best wishes. I have just come into posession of a nice article from 1990 on NYSP SSP and will be posting it up here to share shortly.

Is that article from MM/FF?
Don't tell me how much lol,mine was in perfect condition. I bought it for about $3200.00 and sold it for $5000.00 back then.

As for the VZ bridge.....$13.00!!!!!

MOstang
08-31-2012, 07:44 PM
I just posted up the article and it is out of the Magazine of the Buffalo News. See the other thread containing it. Enjoy!

OldSSPguy
08-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Excellent I will check it out.