PDA

View Full Version : New guy from England

Pmustang
09-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Hello my name is Peter and I live in the UK. I am originally from the US and have been into Mustangs my whole adult life. I have an SSP on the water now shipping from NC.

I am sure I will be asking some questions when it arrives.

Regards. Peter

28HopUp
09-16-2012, 04:01 PM
I have an SSP on the water now shipping from NC.

I didn't know that SSPs could float! :D

Peter, welcome to our forum. Can you tell us more about your SSP?

ImEvil1
09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the board.

James83
09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello my name is Peter and I live in the UK. I am originally from the US and have been into Mustangs my whole adult life. I have an SSP on the water now shipping from NC.

I am sure I will be asking some questions when it arrives.

Regards. Peter

Welcome.

NoDrama43
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
welcome......and just for the record most of us here hope you buy a bunch of these cars, regardless of where you live. ;)

Andy
09-17-2012, 01:13 AM
welcome......and just for the record most of us here hope you buy a bunch of these cars, regardless of where you live. ;)

Jim you know i have always agreed with you on
everything regarding this site and these cars but
this may be the exception.

Hi Pmustang and welcome to our site.
my calculations say that it's just after 5am Monday
(your time) as i send this. So Cheerio or
what ever breakfast cereal you eat over
in the UK.

You can have One ssp car Just one.. :)
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ep0sgy.jpg

Mustang Kid
09-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Is your car the Missouri SSP from twinvipers, Peter? I might be wrong on agency.
Welcome to the wonderful NET :)

Enjoy your SSP time :D

SSPGARY
09-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Welcome to the club!

28HopUp
09-17-2012, 07:34 AM
I recently bought a new car from Florida, sight-unseen. I had it shipped to me, which were a few unnerving days for me. You must be very anxious waiting for your car to arrive. I hope you are VERY happy with it! Feel free to ask questions about your new SSP. We are here to help. :)

NoDrama43
09-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Peter, while not everyone wants to see these cars go overseas, the only way for them to stop that from happening is to buy them all. I think there are plenty to go around and I think it is cool that these cars are so popular that people in other countries want them. That is a testament to how popular these cars are becoming.

If you can't tell, Andy is our site comedian. He keeps us laughing !

sspanthony
09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Welcome Aboard !

Pmustang
09-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome folks. Had enough grief from the other site about buying the car. Yes it was twin vipers MO SSP

I spoke with the restorer of the car as well as the owner after him and have a good idea of what the car is like

I have wanted a notch since my youth and every man wants a cop car so this is a bucket list car for sure. Should have my greedy hands on it in a few weeks. It's going next to my 65 GT 350 replica that arrived a few weeks ago.

Another awesome looking NV SSP with all the markings and equipment sold for 9k at the BJ auction yesterday. I just can't believe that no one is stepping up to the plate on these cars.

Cheers folks. We are five hours ahead of New York time FYI

Cheers. Peter

28HopUp
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks for commenting Peter. Although we may not all agree (which is fine, as long as the dicsussion is kept civil), I think NoDrama's comments summed up my thoughts on the matter.

Although I wasn't able to look at that Nevavda SSP firsthand, it looked nice in the pictures. So I was surprised at the final selling price, too. I know that I could not replicate that car on my own for such a low price. Should I ever decide to sell my SSP, I know that I will lose money on the deal because my costs have far exceeded the value of the car on the retail market. My loss will be somebody else's gain, I guess.

[sorry for slightly derailing your thread]

Pmustang
09-22-2012, 02:35 AM
I have owned more classics than I care to list. Not one that I have either done or had done substantial work too has sold for more than I had invested. Sometimes I lost a bit and some I lost a lot but none lost more than say a 2007 corvette bought new and sold used 5 years later. Call it depreciation or a loss but old cars usually do it less than new. It's a hobby and not an investment. Some of us get lucky and buy low and sell high but lets face it we are all probably upside down on our toys. Unless you flip cars your not going to make money. Even then it's very hard. I know I've dabbled in being a dealer years ago.

I bought my car at a very good price but after getting it here and paying the fees and taxes I am surely upside down.

Cheers Peter

NoDrama43
09-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Peter I owned that particular MO SSP for a short period of time and had some paint work done to it. I will send you a PM.

Pmustang
09-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks I look forward to a chat unless you say it has two inches of bondo in it. Haha. Peter