PDA

View Full Version : Chp Evoc

guerro
11-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Hey guys, just a reminder that my CHP EVOC car is still for sale. I was going to bump up my post on the "other" forum but I can't find it (most likely deleted) and if I did find it, I can't post anyway. Most everyone should know the car and its history.

PM me if interested.

Richard

NoDrama43
11-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Richard,

can you post up a couple of pics of the evoc car? I vaguely remember it being for sale but I thought it had sold. what year is it and how much are you asking?
thnx

ImEvil1
11-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Richard,

I thought you sold it long ago also. Neat car and good luck with the sale.

guerro
11-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Hey guys. Thanks for the interest. Here is a link to a fotki album I threw together.

http://public.fotki.com/guerro/

Should give you all an idea of the car. The car is in exactly the same state as when I bought it from Charles Ricks over 4 years ago. ~29k miles on the clock and the only changes I have made are the doors being painted black and a close friend gave me some recaro seats out of his totaled 91 coupe. I threw them in my car to see how they fit and just never bothered to take them back out. I have the original seats in storage. Obviously, the originals would go with the car and I am keeping the recaros.

The car is located in the Phoenix, AZ metro area and is still titled in California with a PNO (Period of Non Operation) registration. Title is clear and in my possession.

Feel free to PM with any questions. I am looking to get what I paid for the car and all the extras. $8k. There are two complete sets of XP2000 Tires and wheels and I believe one extra tire, harnesses (original duplicates to what CHP used in the car at the track, originals kept by CHP), misc paperwork, warranty card, SSP owner manual, etc.

Thanks guys.

Richard

SSPGARY
11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Seeing as I'm kind of new to the SSP thing I'll ask a stupid question. What's EVOC mean?!

ImEvil1
11-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Emergency Vehicle Operator's Course. His car was used as a track training car for CHP. You probably saw it in the CHP EVOC video that's been floating around. 29K sideways miles. :thumbsup:

SSPGARY
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
So this car was never in service and was only used for training purposes? Was the roll cage CHP installed? This might be a nice car for me!

ImEvil1
11-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Yep...never in "service" as in stopping people and responding to calls. Definitely saw use in the training arena, though.

NoDrama43
11-25-2006, 09:28 PM
yes CHP equipped the car with the roll cage. Gary this car is definately a rare one. 29k miles...wow

xxtrpr
11-26-2006, 12:41 AM
This car needs to stay original no mods and you know i like mods :)

NoDrama43
11-26-2006, 05:56 PM
John,

got your pm about a shipper. I always use WWW.CrimsonAutoCarriers.com.

Talk to Kim and tell her I sent you. She might give you the NoDrama discount.....:)

xxtrpr
11-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Thankyou Jim, I will call it's just shy of 2800 miles holy shi! i'll keep you posted. Now i have a 91 FHP that will probably be for sale when it get's here. John

ImEvil1
11-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Is this now official? If so....Congrats!

Richard....that's how I thought it would have gone before (pretty quick).

guerro
11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys. Just got home from work.

So, I guess this one is out so John won't mind me giving some info.

First, I want everyone that is interested in my car to know that I appreciate your interest and I didn't think there was this much interest after I posted it for sale some time ago on .org. Charles Ricks expressed great interest in reacquiring the EVOC car but he just seemed to fall off the radar once again.

Okay, the info. John has been given first shot at the car based solely on how the PM's came in. I understand that it might not be fair to everyone but, again, I really didn't know there would be this many of you willing and able to buy. So, the line would go next to Bernie, then Aaron, then Gary based solely on PMs.

The other thing is I am not selling to make a profit. I am not looking to pit you guys against each other or anything like that. I am sure you will all understand and I am probably going on about nothing but I want this to be a fair deal and no hard feelings for those that might have missed getting a car they may have really wanted.

Foremost, I hope this works out mostly because I would like to see the car restored and I won't have the time to do it for a long while. I don't want this car to get chopped up or lost. I want it to remain in the group if at all possible.

John, I will speak to you Tuesday afternoon. Bernie, Aaron, Gary, you will have dibs if the sale doesn't go through. I hope I am doing this the right way. Any suggestions or if I am using incorrect protocol, please let me know.

Thanks again guys.

Richard

guerro
11-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Just thought of something else. I know I have quite a few pictures on my fotki but if there are any specific photos anyone thinks I should post or wants me to post please let me know here so I can get them taken and onto my fotki so there are no unanswered questions.

Thanks

Richard

NoDrama43
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
John......if you buy it.....do it like this one....(on the outside anyway) :)

ImEvil1
11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
That's a sweet ride....nice resto. I hope my CHP car turns out half as nice.

1992b4c
11-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Let me know Richard. I didnt realize until this time it was a 1992. It would look real nice along side the 1992 B4C. Both the same year. Good luck though and I am sure it will stay within the SSP family and whoever gets it will give it a good home.