PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Mustang SSP Coupe in NC

FBI SSP
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3524613676.html

1993 SSP (Hwy Patrol) Mustang coupe, chassis has approx 103,000 miles, engine has approx 12k miles, powertrain has less than 10k miles. The clearcoat is flaking and will require paint. Still looks really good from 10 ft. The car is very straight and rust free.

Here's the specs: Engine has Trick Flow track heat HCI kit, underdrives, BBK CAI, BBK headers, H pipe, 1 chambers, MSD 6AL, PAS Custom Tuned, 150 shot Trick Flow plate kit.
T5 was brand new when trans was converted to 5 speed 10k miles ago. Clutch is a Spec stage 3 puck style.
8.8 rear has Ford Motorsport 3.73's, 31 spline Alloy USA shafts, long studs, 5 lug (so is the front). Ford Motorsport aluminum driveshaft
Front suspension: Lakewood 90/10's, coilovers, no sway bar, subframe connectors welded in
Rear: Maximun Motorsport adj lowers, UPR uppers, Cobra coils, QA1 adj shocks.

Pulls low 1.40 60 ft times
Runs low 12's on motor, low, low 11's on 150 shot.
01 Real Cobra wheels, good tires 245 series
Everything works. Cold AC, CD player, rollup windows, etc.

$7000 FIRM
Call: Jody (919)628-3204

Will consider trades. Looking for a dependable LWB 3/4 or 1 ton Ford or Dodge 4x4 truck.

http://images.craigslist.org/3G13K13M65Gd5K15Fdd158b1e8f50b2c61017.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3Gb3M53pc5Gd5Y55J2d1507511c829fb91abd.jpg

MiCVPI
01-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I have a question for all of you SSP experts on here, as I am still learning. Would this have been a red car from the factory? I'm pretty sure I have seen a red Florida SSP for sale some time ago, but I can't say for sure.
thanks
Bryan

FoxChassis
01-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Posted here originally:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4713

I live near and work in Raleigh, if you want me to go look at it.

MOstang
01-12-2013, 03:39 PM
The NCSHP did have unmarked units and quite likely had red unmarked SSP(s) in that timeframe. That being said, one of the colors was red that they used to spray their black/silver marked units for auction. I would encourage anyone looking at this to go through the typical steps for SSPs like the VIN label on the door, buck tags, etc.

If it was an NCSHP, many still have one or both of the distinctive NCSHP labels. The NCSHP affixed two (2) different identifiable labels to their SSP Mustangs. The FAS, or Fixed Asset System, sticker stated "Property of N.C. Department of Crime Control and Public Safety". It is a silver label with black type and a unique number (typically beginning with number seven (7) and a six (6) digit number) with "- Do Not Remove-" underneath. The FAS began in the late 1970's and can be found on the driver side door inside the front jamb on left hand side of the plastic dash. The PIN Number, which is not related to the VIN or FAS numbers, is four (4) digits and is believed to correspond to vehicle number on a particular contract (i.e. 0112 equals 112th vehicle on the 1990 order). It can typically be found adjacent to the inside of the driver's side door jamb on the left hand side of the plastic dash. It may be typed on a white or pink paper sticker with the North Carolina state seal, or written in marker or crayon.

If you look at the doors sticker and can tell what color it originally was painted, that would help whether it was manufactured red or not. The buck tags, DSO, NCSHP labels, etc. would then be useful in determining if it was an NCSHP. Hope this helps you out.

MiCVPI
01-16-2013, 09:42 PM
The NCSHP did have unmarked units and quite likely had red unmarked SSP(s) in that timeframe. That being said, one of the colors was red that they used to spray their black/silver marked units for auction. I would encourage anyone looking at this to go through the typical steps for SSPs like the VIN label on the door, buck tags, etc.

If it was an NCSHP, many still have one or both of the distinctive NCSHP labels. The NCSHP affixed two (2) different identifiable labels to their SSP Mustangs. The FAS, or Fixed Asset System, sticker stated "Property of N.C. Department of Crime Control and Public Safety". It is a silver label with black type and a unique number (typically beginning with number seven (7) and a six (6) digit number) with "- Do Not Remove-" underneath. The FAS began in the late 1970's and can be found on the driver side door inside the front jamb on left hand side of the plastic dash. The PIN Number, which is not related to the VIN or FAS numbers, is four (4) digits and is believed to correspond to vehicle number on a particular contract (i.e. 0112 equals 112th vehicle on the 1990 order). It can typically be found adjacent to the inside of the driver's side door jamb on the left hand side of the plastic dash. It may be typed on a white or pink paper sticker with the North Carolina state seal, or written in marker or crayon.

If you look at the doors sticker and can tell what color it originally was painted, that would help whether it was manufactured red or not. The buck tags, DSO, NCSHP labels, etc. would then be useful in determining if it was an NCSHP. Hope this helps you out.

Mike -- Thanks for the info!