PDA

View Full Version : 1993 SSP CHP?

stadair
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
My 1993 SSP in Reef Blue, formally Gray, formally Black & White. I purchased it the fall of 2008, sight unseen, just pictures, from a guy in California. As some of you already know, my car is a mystery. It has all the SSP details from the factory, but none from any CHP service life. Attached are some pictures from when I first got it and threw on a set of chrome Pony wheels with good tires as what it came with were aftermarket no-name-brand wheels with dry rotted tires, which I traded for a set of ten-hole wheels. It had the original ten-hole wheel spare, but that was all. Yeah, I know 93's did not have black painted wheels, but I like the look. I am looking to purchase another set of ten-hole wheels and keep them natural.

This car is going to be a long time project. This past summer I finally got everything working as it should. Now it is time for comfort and asthetics.

Today, January 8, 2013, I pulled the door panels off for the first time. Yep, the doors were once painted all white!

More pictures to follow...

MOstang
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Toshi - Thanks for positing yours up here. I look forward to seeing the progress, which should be easy since I see your SSP several times a year.

28HopUp
01-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Toshi, thanks for posting up your car in this section. It is great to follow along as a car progresses. :)

stadair
01-09-2013, 06:39 PM
No problem guys. I did not feel like posting earlier since nothing was happening to it in the restoration field. It will be a long, slow process that's for sure. I'm finally going to get the doors hinges fixed with new bushings and pins. Then maybe that'll keep the water out! LOL.:D

stadair
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Here are some pics of what my car looked like when I took possession of my 1993 LX SSP...

stadair
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
One day while driving...Pushed in the clutch and my seat went rocking back. It wasn't anchored down anymore! Here's my fix...

stadair
01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Changing hinge pins today...

stadair
01-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Pulled the fender off my car today. This is what I found, some damage to the front part of the floor pan, I think. It looks a little wrinkled. Yes? And my antenna cable has an extra wire. My fender has a little damage. Probably from what ever caused the damage to the floor pan and my broken inner splash sheild...all in the same general area.

kapracing
01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Toshi,
If that's all, you should be ok. First thing I'd do is check your wheel base. If its ok and no damage to your strut tower or lower control arm, you should be good to go. The damage does not seem to go into rocker area or torque box from your pics. You could get it straightened or leave due to the fact it will not show with fender and splash shield on, your preference .

stadair
02-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm going to grab a dolly and hammer and try to teach myself some metal work using my damaged fender. I'm also going to take care of the rust and paint just the damaged part and put it back on the car. I'd like to get a whole new fender, but then I'd want to paint the whole car. And I can't afford to do that right now.

stadair
02-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Cleaned up my damaged fender. Next I get to try my hand with a dolly and hammer...

28HopUp
02-10-2013, 09:08 AM
nice job - stay with it! :)

stadair
03-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Paint is...somewhat done. It looks better than before, but the color doesn't match. I attribute that to having a medium gray under the original reef blue. I picked up a can of medium gray from DupliColor to see what I can do. Maybe get it a little closer.

stadair
06-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Got the car out this past week. Burned through a tank of gas. That felt great! You can see here the paint chips on the bumper and fender are painted.

stadair
06-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Aww man! Why did the picture turn out sideways!? I shot it with my iPad straight up and down.

FHP 510
06-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Looks great :)

kapracing
06-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Lookin good!!!

nighthawk756
06-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Lookin' good!! Great color too! ;)

stadair
06-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh...Now I look at the pic a few days later, it's not sideways.

I'm torn between keeping it that color, go red, or its black.

kapracing
06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh...Now I look at the pic a few days later, it's not sideways.

I'm torn between keeping it that color, go red, or its black.

IMO
I'd either leave it or go Black ; Black/White or possibly the gray CHP painted it. But just my 2 cents worth :-) lol...

nighthawk756
06-30-2013, 09:25 PM
IMO
I'd either leave it or go Black ; Black/White or possibly the gray CHP painted it. But just my 2 cents worth :-) lol...

Yeah, if I was gonna go with anything else it'd have to be CHP black and white. ;)

MOstang
07-01-2013, 07:54 AM
First every time I see your car at shows here in town I think of how much I like the color. So if you're thinking of doing something different and interested in folks thoughts, I guess i would suggest going back with the original color (the door sticker indicates, black, isn't it?). You could also just ride it our longer to see if learn any more to solve the mystery on how it was originally used. Or are you interested in selling this one, and getting something else?

stadair
07-01-2013, 08:10 AM
First every time I see your car at shows here in town I think of how much I like the color. So if you're thinking of doing something different and interested in folks thoughts, I guess i would suggest going back with the original color (the door sticker indicates, black, isn't it?). You could also just ride it our longer to see if learn any more to solve the mystery on how it was originally used. Or are you interested in selling this one, and getting something else?

Not interested in selling any time soon, Mike.

Yes, I am interested in all you guys' thoughts on its color. My 7yr. old daughter wants me to keep it Reef Blue. Yes, the gray could be a possibility, too. I've got at least another year before any thing happens to the body. All I know is that it is going to get repainted with a new trunk, a new fender and a new front bumper cover with 'MUSTANG' embossed in it.

28HopUp
07-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Yes, I am interested in all you guys' thoughts on its color. My 7yr. old daughter wants me to keep it Reef Blue.

I think you've got your answer - Reef Blue. :) Since your car has an unknown history with the CHP, I see no harm in keeping it Reef Blue. It is a beautiful color.

MOstang
07-01-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree...if you daughter likes it, and you like, you have your answer. And it is a great looking color, for sure. :2thumbs:

stadair
07-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I agree...if you daughter likes it, and you like, you have your answer. And it is a great looking color, for sure. :2thumbs:

I don't care for that answer...lol.

Ordered some new pipes for the Mustang yesterday. To replace the dumps its running now. Hope to have them installed by the end of next week.

stadair
07-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I finally got some new tail pipes installed. They look good, but they are all buggered up from dirty hands. They'll look a lot better once I wash the whole car again.

kapracing
07-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Looking good