PDA

View Full Version : eBay

ImEvil1
07-20-2007, 10:51 PM
New "format" for searches turns off the automatically filled search box (when you type in a search, the search terms used to stay up there so you could modify them), eliminates the "completed items" and "search titles and descriptions" check-boxes, etc. Plus...the results were waaayyy off (ie. 2 items returned when a normal search usually shows 50+ items). I FINALLY saw, at the bottom of the page, the link to click to opt out of this "test". I hope that they don't make the changes permanent. Wow.

xxtrpr
07-20-2007, 11:32 PM
New "format" for searches turns off the automatically filled search box (when you type in a search, the search terms used to stay up there so you could modify them), eliminates the "completed items" and "search titles and descriptions" check-boxes, etc. Plus...the results were waaayyy off (ie. 2 items returned when a normal search usually shows 50+ items). I FINALLY saw, at the bottom of the page, the link to click to opt out of this "test". I hope that they don't make the changes permanent. Wow.

I agree the results are way off i thought it was my terrible computer skills at first.

ImEvil1
07-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I actually went to the forums area there (first time) and you should see the posts about it. I think lots of people are upset.

policemustang
07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah...I've been thinking eBay is trying to change too much too fast.
I am sure changes need to be made to keep up with the times but it's almost like they are doing too much.

Like when you decorate your house for an occasion....you can overdecorate or overdo just about anything!