PDA

View Full Version : SSP Discussion on FEP

28HopUp
02-14-2013, 03:26 PM
I know that many of us are members at FEP, but the following thread was posted in their General BS Section where not everyone looks:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=144561

The OP questioned why SSPs are so special. I recognized some familiar 'faces' from posters in the thread. 'Not looking to stir up anything, as I think the conversation was good for the most part. Just thought I would share with the group here for those who may not have seen it. :)

GSPI
02-14-2013, 06:45 PM
"If you have to ask in that manner...you will never know"

I have to wonder if the OP is really just venting since there is a following and he doesn't understand or seems to not want to understand when people pass over his car and walk over to the "cool copcar". Historical significance of any vehicle can be made. However, we here know it is more popular to find an SSP with some form of historical significance and restore it to the agency and enjoy the hobby of both the performance of the car and honor the duty that the car served. Interesting read Bill.

MOstang
02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
interesting read, for sure, thanks for sharing. that wouldn't happen to be andy with the south park and dragnet inspired postings, would it? :D

mac88chp
02-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Then again, some people just don't like cops or anything related to cops for whatever reason. Over the years I've had a number of individuals come over to me at shows just to diss my car. Comes with the territory I guess...

fuel10922
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Good read.....

1997ISPB4C
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
If you don't understand you NEVER will!! Just shows theirs a lot of closed minded people out there!!!!

MOstang
02-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Then again, some people just don't like cops or anything related to cops for whatever reason.

This is one of the reasons I like to keep a close watch on my car at shows, or have a trusted person keep watch for me if I am far away. I know people in the hobby who have had people vandalize their police collector cars for what I am sure is that very reason.

EXNODRAMANOTCH
02-15-2013, 09:09 AM
The discussion has gotten even more interesting!

NoDrama43
02-15-2013, 12:27 PM
well there is ten minutes of my time I will never get back.....

chp1982
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
...and 45 seconds of my time wasted adding my 2 cents. Just another guy trying to get people riled up. I suppose I fell for it.

ImEvil1
02-15-2013, 02:46 PM
well there is ten minutes of my time I will never get back.....

That sounds familiar. :P

Whatever it was is gone.

03cobra
02-16-2013, 11:01 AM
"If you have to ask in that manner...you will never know"

I have to wonder if the OP is really just venting since there is a following and he doesn't understand or seems to not want to understand when people pass over his car and walk over to the "cool copcar". Historical significance of any vehicle can be made. However, we here know it is more popular to find an SSP with some form of historical significance and restore it to the agency and enjoy the hobby of both the performance of the car and honor the duty that the car served. Interesting read Bill.

I agree with you GSPI!!!

03cobra
02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Bill... Thanks for bring this to our attention. I was being pulled over buy the SSPs when I was younger and dumber !! I just remembering them being so cool. I remember seeing them on the transports going to Austin, never knowing that they would be offered for sale to the public. I recall talking to a Tx DPS trooper and saying to him that I'd love to own one and he said it will never happen, that was in 1984 and I was in high school. I think for alot of us it's remembering the past , the rare history and it being just so cool. Plus the responsibility of owning a marked SSP is great and not for the average Mustang owner.
I know it may sound stupid on my part, but my SSPs are like Shelbys to me, rare, low production numbers, super history and a great investment. I've owned many rare Ram Air IV GTOs and Judges when I was younger and have seen the market rise and fall .... But the rare cars always hold their own no matter how the market moves and SSPs are one of those cars.

MOstang
02-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Many, perhaps Most (but cetainly not All) Mustang people love the SSP Mustangs. A good way to demonstrate that is as follows. Fox Mustang Magazine just posted up pictures from the article they featurned in their last magazine of my Michigan State Police SSP. Both of the posts they have made to their Facebook page with pictures of it have WAY more "likes" than any other Mustang picture they have posted to their Facebook page, period. This isn't to brag, but it is a fact. I think the aforementioned pretty much speaks for itself on the topic of the SSP Mustang.

Mustang Kid
02-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Many, perhaps Most (but cetainly not All) Mustang people love the SSP Mustangs. A good way to demonstrate that is as follows. Fox Mustang Magazine just posted up pictures from the article they featurned in their last magazine of my Michigan State Police SSP. Both of the posts they have made to their Facebook page with pictures of it have WAY more "likes" than any other Mustang picture they have posted to their Facebook page, period. This isn't to brag, but it is a fact. I think the aforementioned pretty much speaks for itself on the topic of the SSP Mustang.

I agree about the magazine fb page. I think I posted a pic of my 85 CHP all torn apart and it got atleast double what the other cars got.