PDA

View Full Version : POLICE SSP (George Tresider)

mbe2598
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Many of you have met and would know, George Tresider of Wisconsin. Several of us have learned of his passing in Dec of 2012 today. George was a sincere friend to all in the SSP Community and will be missed by all that had the pleasure to know him. He was a retired Racine,Wisconsin Police Officer of 35 years. I last visited with George, this last summer at the Chicago Emergency Show. His log on was "Police SSP" and he had a large collection of some rare SSP's. George will be missed by many and his contribution to all of us was his kindness and friendship. George you will be missed.

28HopUp
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks for posting this up. R.I.P. George

ImEvil1
02-18-2013, 12:02 PM
George was also signed up here as COPPER. Super nice guy who will be truly be missed. RIP George.

GSPI
02-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh no. So sorry to hear this news. Every time that I've been in the area there around Milwaukee we had dinner together. We have had many discussions about the Idaho cars. R.I.P. George, you will be missed.

Unmrkd
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
I am very sorry to hear the news of George's passing. He was a gentle and caring soul. He always had a kind word and funny stories to tell. He loved the hobby and it's members. Shows just wont be the same without him.
R.I.P. my friend.

NoDrama43
02-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Sad news for sure. Last year he sent me a set of Idaho decals for my 86. We talked at length about meeting at a show but never did get the opportunity. RIP and prayers for his family.

MOstang
02-18-2013, 07:15 PM
George was just a tremendously generous and supportive person for the hobby. I had the pleasure of knowing and seeing him at shows the past 3 years. For the past 2 years he would make a visit to Michigan and spend several days with his daughter and son-in-law, who live in state. He would drive one of his SSPs here and he and his son-in-law (also named Mike) would meet up with me at the Woodward Dream Cruise Ferndale, MI Emergency Vehicle Show. Both of them...just such genuinely nice people...I've sent them a card and hope others in the hobby have an opportunity to let his family know what he meant to us. I've attached a pic from this past August 17, 2012 with George sitting behind his Nebraska SSP.