PDA

View Full Version : Joe P. Collins Memorial Car Show

policemustang
07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Many of you are aware that my dad passed away last October from cancer. The good people of a local Hospice organization, Hospice in the Pines took care of dad in his final days and made a profound impact on his life and death and the rest of our family as well. As a way of giving back to this wonderful charity, I offered to step-up and coordinate an open car and truck show with all the proceeds going to Hospice in the Pines.
With that, the Joe P. Collins Memorial Car and Truck Show was born.
I've created classes that I feel will include everyone. I am arranging for nice awards, neat door prizes, cool goodie bags and T-shirts for the first 50 entries. And yes....as I being the chief coordinator, THERE IS A RESTORED POLICE CAR CLASS!!!! The show site is within close walking distance of Taco Bell, Outback Steakhouse, Starbucks Coffee, Wendy's, a hotel and ATM.

I realize that few people know where I live here in the small town of Lufkin, Texas (population about 41,000). But I want to extend an big invitation to all my friends in this police car hobby to come and support my first shot at a car show and this great charity in honor of my old Pop. My dad was a good old guy that served during the Korean conflict in the US Navy. His passion and hobby was cars too! Over the years he own several new 1978 and 1979 Pontiac Trans-Ams, a new 1977 Corvette and a 2003 Ford Lightning. Dad also restored a beautiful 1966 Mustang GT convertible in 1989 and was intrumental in helping me with the difficult stuff on the resto job of my 1993 Texas DPS Mustang in 2002.
I hope this is an event that some of you will consider. I am happy to recommend a good hotel and great places to eat while you are in town.

The Joe P. Collins Memorial Car Show
Benefiting Hospice in the Pines
Saturday, May 3rd, 2008
9am to 3pm
Entry Fee $20.00
Wal-Mart Parking Lot
US Hwy 59 (exit Daniel McCall)
Lufkin, Texas
Door Prizes - Goodie Bags - T-Shirts - Nice Awards
Twenty Classes - over 60 trophies!

See my web site for more information or email me your mailing address and I will send you a flyer. Classes are provided on the web site.

Thanks very much!

PoliceSSP
07-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Good luck with the show Roman. I hope you get a large turnout.

ImEvil1
07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
+1. Nice job.

FHP813
07-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Awesome idea Roman! Nice tribute to your Dad. :2thumbs:

policemustang
07-23-2007, 03:10 AM
I am giving you guys plenty of time to take off work and be here!!!!

:dancinguy:

policemustang
09-23-2007, 10:39 PM
BUMP

policemustang
01-05-2008, 07:25 AM
BMP

Keep this one in mind, guys....Plans are going REALLY well. I have raised enough money for a high quality show. I need several restored SSP Mustangs there.

86NeSSP
01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I will be there in some SSP/car regardless of condition...

Count me in!

policemustang
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
You could win one of these trophies!

Plans are going really well for the car show I am coordinating in memory of my dad with proceeds going to a local hospice organization. Keep in mind, guys that I have created a special police car class just for restored police cars. Also, the person who travels the farthest to participate will receive a nice "longest distance award" along with a $100 gasoline gift card to help absorb your trip costs.
I've begun ordering some of the trophies and T-shirts. The goodie bag items are being assembled and the door prizes are still coming in daily. Lots of stuff to give away.

I hope I can attract and appeal to you fellas with restored police cars. Come if you can.
Pictured is my daughter, Peyton. She is demonstrating the two best of show trophies and the people's choice award. There will also be police security at the show and the policemen there will be selecting a car or truck of their choice to hand a trophy to. It's called "The Policeman's Pick Award".
Lots of neat ideas for a fun show. I just need participants to help make it successful.
Disclaimer: Please! NO DARE units, HEAT vehicles or in-service police units. To keep things fair, we are allowing RESTORED police vehicles only. Mustangs, Camaros, Caprices, Crown Victorias and Mopars welcome. Email me & I will mail you a flyer.

policemustang
04-08-2008, 03:41 AM
What began 13 months ago is now down to just a few weeks away. I've added BEST MUSTANG, BEST CAMARO and BEST CORVETTE to the awards line-up. I have only one SSP Mustang that has pledged to come. I renew my appeal. I've raised almost $5000 to spend on this show. Let's see some restored cop cars there!

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I bet I could get the longest HAUL award if I drive straight there from D.C.. Hmmm, that's the weekend I'm coming home! Is there a cash award for the long haul? Ha ha! That would make the trip cheaper!

86NeSSP
04-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I won't be in an SSP though! I will be in the Ranger 5.0!

policemustang
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Bring that sternin' wheel and I will load your tires up for you to take home.....is that OK?

policemustang
04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
For my show on 5/3, we've added four (4) new awards added to the list on 4/18.....

BEST MUSTANG
BEST CAMARO
BEST FOREIGN VEHICLE
BEST CORVETTE

Tell your friends!

ImEvil1
05-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Just got back a little bit ago....Roman put on a really nice show, and had a great turnout. :thumbsup:

It was nice to see so many different types of vehicles all gather together for a good cause.

ImEvil1
05-03-2008, 09:55 PM
One more...

Andy
05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Looks like a fun show...:yes:

Winterpark SSP
05-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Looks like a great show! If I didn't reside in CT, I would have been there! What a great idea.

policemustang
05-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Pictured: Myself and Tom Mallette as Tom captured 1st place with his '89 Texas DPS Mustang in the police car class.
Mike M. got 2nd with his 2008 Mustang Bullitt and also got Coordinator's Choice (I made a selection from all 57 vehicles at the show. I based my decision on what I thought my dad would have chosen had he been there and the show being in his memory). Dad loved the movie BULLITT with Steve McQueen and really liked the 2001 Mustang Bullitt so I felt strongly that he would have chosen Mike's '08 Bullitt. We had antiques, classic trucks, corvette's, lots of Mustangs and lots of fun.

Hope I can attract some of you next year as it appears we will be doing this again. Better awards, smoother registration process, new location and date and yes, a police car class! All welcome!

policemustang
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Some of the cars at the show and Kay Brock of Broaddus, Texas won the 4 foot tall People's Choice trophy. Kay owns a nice 1955 Chevrolet Belair sedan.

86NeSSP
05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry I didn't make it I really wanted to but I needed to get home... I'm still just really tired. Looks like you had a great turn out and I'm sure next years show will be BIGGER and BETTER! I will make it to that one (unless something comes up that keeps me away).

mac88chp
05-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Congratulations Roman, looks like it all came off beautifully and it was for a great cause too. Wish I could have attended! :2thumbs: