PDA

View Full Version : Clutch suggestions please

MOstang
02-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello,

The rear main seal is going to need attention with my 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP soon. Because of what is involved, I am thinking it might make sense for the clutch to be replaced at the same time. Any recommendations from the forum on a replacement clutch for a 1993 model? Thank you.

NoDrama43
02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
standard replacement version. The car doesn't have enough power to need anything other than an OEM clutch. Make sure you inspect the front transmission shaft that the throwout bearing rides on. I would replace the rear main seal, pilot bearing, clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing also. Remember to grease the clutch fork pivot ball too. And depending on the condition, turning the flywheel is always a good idea if it has ever been hot. While you have the transmission out I would change the fluid and put a new rear seal in it also.

TruperTim
02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I had the pleasure of doing this in the past month... I used the Ram Hdx Clutch Master Replacement Kit from Latemodelrestoration.com. It was $339.99 and comes with a lot of new parts like clutch kit, new flywheel, rear main seal, pilot and throwout bearings... It all went on fairly well (after we were able to get the original rear main seal out - that took some time as it did not want to budge).

Link: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-7560A-K/82-93-Mustang-50L-Clutch-Kit

Good luck.

MOstang
02-27-2013, 01:06 PM
thanks for the feedback gentleman.