PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Evoc project car.

evoc
03-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Hello,
Im a new member looking for an old project CHP Evoc car to restore, Any make is fine. I am finishing up a 77 Evoc Monaco and would like a new project.
Thanks

Rhino
03-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Definitely will be a tough piece to find. The 92 CHP EVOC Camaro just sold in the last 3 weeks to a board member over on .org.

The 92 CHP EVOC Mustang sold a few years back and I don't know where it is now.

Sam has an 88 or 89 CHP EVOC Mustang - which will remain in their collection.

I believe the seller in Danville, CA has his 88 still up for sale but last time we checked he wanted $25K for it.

Mike sold off his 2 CHP EVOC Camaros (2002s) just recently - and I think there may be one more in NV somewhere. Perhaps someone here has the link/seller info.

Cool cars, but hard to find. :)

Mustang Kid
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Welcome! I would like to see some pictures of the evoc you are restoring. Is it an original evoc car? Would definitely be cool to see. My dad has a 73 Coronet CHP Evoc car. It was originally a long beach PD car but it went to CHP since they didn't want it. CHP repainted it baby blue and used it as a "rabbit" car for cadets to chase. We're going to repaint it black and white like it was originally, then repaint it the blue for an accurate CHP restoration.

As for Mustangs-
The 92 Mustang is restored and now lives in England or somewhere over there.

My dads 89 Mustang is not for sale.

The 88 is all original and 25k is a good price imo. Where else are you going to get an original, with original decals and equipment, evoc car? I advise against restoring that if anyone gets it.

The 85 mustang was wrecked and is long gone.

There is an 84 mustang somewhere out in the world, unknown.

The first 82 Mustang evoc still exists, owned by a guy in Tenn., I don't believe it's for sale.

I don't see why CHP would not have had more 82 evoc mustangs, since they bought so many that year.

There is a 2002 CHP Camaro down in arizona that's for sale, still black and white, was like 8k or something around that price range last I knew.

evoc
03-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Hey guys thanks for the reply, I figured it would not be easy to find. I do have a real original 1977 Evoc Dodge Monaco that I will post pictures of. Sam your Coronet sounds like a neat car is it restored? Is it a big block car? I agree the Evoc Mustang is worth the $ considering the rarity etc. What year did the CHP make the Evoc cars titles non street legal? I figured there may be a decent priced car out there somewhere if I keep looking.

take care,
Matt

Mustang Kid
03-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Hey guys thanks for the reply, I figured it would not be easy to find. I do have a real original 1977 Evoc Dodge Monaco that I will post pictures of. Sam your Coronet sounds like a neat car is it restored? Is it a big block car? I agree the Evoc Mustang is worth the $ considering the rarity etc. What year did the CHP make the Evoc cars titles non street legal? I figured there may be a decent priced car out there somewhere if I keep looking.

take care,
Matt

Yes the Coronet is a big block 440 car. It's still just as the CHP had it, rust and everything. It's one of my dads projects in line after a few others are completed.

I believe CHP started "permanently junking" evoc cars when they started crushing cars that was damaged or had problems in 05.

evoc
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Hello Sam,
Would you happen to have pictures from the late 70's or early 80's of the Chp Evoc cars? I realize I am searching for a needle in the haystack, An original paint Chp Mustang is also on my short list. I am a big fan of originality and patina.
Thanks

1jerryl
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Was your EVOC car for sale a while ago near the Chicago area?

Jerry
91 X-SCHP 2-12-311
83 Malibu 9C1
77 Nova 9C1 (For Sale)

evoc
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Hello Jerry,

Yes the Evoc car did come out of the Chicago area. Luckily it was not driven in the winter time on the salted roads. It shows about 16k on the odometer.
Matt

28HopUp
03-14-2013, 11:54 AM
The 85 mustang was wrecked and is long gone.

There is an 84 mustang somewhere out in the world, unknown.

Is there anything concrete to prove/disprove that the 1984 and 1985 CHP EVOC Mustangs are not one-in-the-same vehicle? I know the picture of the 1984 was commonly thought to be an 1985 until a better copy of the picture surfaced. I'm wondering if the 1984 is the car that was wrecked?