PDA

View Full Version : Watch your feet!

policemustang
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I killed a copperhead next to my shop late Tuesday evening.
Those things give me the creeps!
I was surprised that it was more passive than I expected.
Actually, I hated killing it. But we found it where the kids play and where some of our more expensive dogs exercise. If I had known how to safely relocate it or get it to the zoo I would have chosen that option but I couldn't get it out of my mind that it was so close to the kids. I am sure we walk over them all the time and never see them. But still....
I'll choose a better route next time. I messed with it for a few minutes in an effort to determine how to handle the entire situation. I never could make it mad until I pinned it down with the broom handle. Then it got pissed!
Anyway...it's just a reminder of how easily it is to encounter them this time of year! Also, a few years back...a Texas DPS trooper was doing a field sobriety test on the side of the road one warm summer night. He felt something hit his boot but paid little thought to it. Got the guy to the county jail and the trooper's foot began to swell and become painful. Got his boot off and he'd been bitten by a snake. I don't remember what kind the report said it was. Them snakes love to warm-up on the side of the road in the evening!

FHP813
08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Roman,
South Florida has it's share of poisonous snakes, as a matter of fact the Miami\Dade fire dept has one of the largest supplies of anti venom. I'm glad you got it before it got you or worse one of the kids. They give me the willies also.:eek: