PDA

View Full Version : Photo shoot for upcoming Mustang Monthly article

MOstang
05-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Had a photo shoot today for an upcoming Mustang Monthly feature on my 1992 Michigan State Police SSP #5114 :thumbsup: . Donald Farr, the Editor of Mustang Monthly receives my local MCA affiliate club (MOCSEM) newsletter and viewed my car in there. He asked the gentleman who did the Fox Mustang Magazine article on my MSP SSP to send forward him an article for Mustang Monthly. I understand the article will be very similar, just with updated exterior pictures. While it's a go for the article, the issue number and timing are not known just yet. Hopefully it will drop this year...I will pass along any udpates.

kapracing
05-18-2013, 10:48 PM
That's sooo cool !!!
Congratulations :-)

28HopUp
05-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Those Michigan SSPs certainly look nice in pictures. Good job spreading the word about our little hobby... :)

John10608
05-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Congrats ! That is awesome.

GSPI
05-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Very cool Mike!!

MOstang
05-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys...Mustang Monthly doesn't publish multi-page articles on SSPs very often, so I'm pretty excited about it. Pretty certain the last one was Marlin Workman's WSP SSP in August 2010 issue and before that a CHP SSP in June 2006, although articles scanned to Fotki have been compromised and dozens of pages are missing since all their issues started months ago (allegedly from Hurricane Sandy, although they have been mired in financial issues too). Keep getting a run-around from Fotki and realizing that instead of just seeing a missing file that you can't open, it is now just a situation of where a file doesn't even show up. So unless you know you had something there, you wouldn't even know it's gone....in the case of articles I've scanned out there I have multi-page ones saved in a sequence so I can tell (for the most part) which pages of an article are now missing.

k pony
05-21-2013, 12:33 PM
That's great, I'm looking forward to seeing it in Mustang Monthly... I had my '86 LX 5.0 coupe photographed at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA, June 2011... Jerry Heasley took the photos of mine.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1202_1986_lx_5l_notchback_time_capsule_coupe/

NoDrama43
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
very nice coupe

MOstang
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
That's great, I'm looking forward to seeing it in Mustang Monthly... I had my '86 LX 5.0 coupe photographed at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA, June 2011... Jerry Heasley took the photos of mine.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1202_1986_lx_5l_notchback_time_capsule_coupe/

That 4-eyed is a beauty...congrats!

MOstang
05-21-2013, 06:07 PM
By they way, for those of you with Fotki albums, here is a quick update per my mention a couple of posts up...
"Some of the missing photos have been removed so that they cannot be ordered for prints. The new servers are in place so now it is a matter of moving the stored files and synchronizing them with the system. I am hearing it will be a few more weeks. I wish I had more exact info but there is really no way to say exactly when this will be complete." - Georgina, Fotki Team -

Whole thing has been one big customer service failure, but if they restore everything I'll be satisfied.

NoDrama43
05-21-2013, 08:47 PM
are these pictures "lost" on Fotki something you don't have on a thumb drive, or disc somewhere anyway? Fotki loses crap all the time....hell I have had to put entire albums back on before.

I would never put something on Fotki I don't have at least one backup of somewhere else. I have over 6000 pictures and I keep them in three different places. If something goes south I have two in reserve.

calimustang
05-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Same here, noticed Fotki lost some pics of mine... not cool. Thankfully i have common sense to have several backups of whole set.
are these pictures "lost" on Fotki something you don't have on a thumb drive, or disc somewhere anyway? Fotki loses crap all the time....hell I have had to put entire albums back on before.

I would never put something on Fotki I don't have at least one backup of somewhere else. I have over 6000 pictures and I keep them in three different places. If something goes south I have two in reserve.

MOstang
05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Well I don't know if it's common sense, or not, but yes I have backups. They are a company that deals in data, so if they are worth their salt (pun intended) they would have an industry standard backup program and redundancies in place. I think this shows they had many opportunities in that area. If I piece communications together with "Peggy" from Fotki, it would seem that they had facilities affected by Sandy and losses resulted. It would also seem that thei business continuity plant (if they had one) and redundancies were not as robust as one would expect. So for instances some of their customers were affected (to verying degrees) and some were not. As part of recovering data and rebounding from that disaster, they have been going through a process which has at least to a member/user had certain photos at one time just be unable to be opened and in other cases the photos seem to be completely removed with no evidence they were there (other than to maybe member who knows what they had there).

NoDrama43
05-22-2013, 01:57 PM
for me it is a free service. I don't pay anything for it. In the grand scheme of things.....for me..... it is not something that is worthy of any level of concern.

28HopUp
05-22-2013, 03:33 PM
But it is a PITA in those instances where photos have been posted with links to the original Fotki location which no longer work. It is aggravating to look through oold threads and see a "Red X".

Pmustang
05-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Congrats on the future mag article.

I was hoping for similar in one of the UK American car periodicals

Peter

MOstang
05-25-2013, 06:37 PM
I was hoping for similar in one of the UK American car periodicals

Thanks Peter...you have a unique one, so I would think you'll eventually have that opportunity.