PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Pics

John10608
05-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Thought you might like seeing the new trunk slide box for CHP radio equipment. Anyone planning on restoring a 2012 or newer CHP unit...... best of luck getting all of this equipment correct HA!

Touring Fleet Services last year, they said by the time a unit goes ( went ) off the assembly line, they had approx. $93K in the car ( vehicle and equipment only ) most of the cost being in the trunk. Hard to believe.

This was in Redding, Ca. yesterday at the Northern Division AirOpps hanger for a retiree's luncheon.
They wanted the mustang there, the model A was there, a 2002 camaro, fixed wing and chopper and a BMW motor.

The LED light in the trunk is an amber warning light when the trunk lid is up at a scene. The trunk will block the rear window deck light bar, so they added that small one in the trunk.

John

mac88chp
05-30-2013, 11:23 AM
What a great display they had John, sounds like you had a good time. I hope to do many more of these types of events with my car now that I'm out of work bondage. :2thumbs:

That beautiful PCF Vic is only 10 numbers away from one of the ones on the line at Motor T when we were there last year:

http://images15.fotki.com/v587/photos/9/438439/10624833/DSC00388-vi.jpg

Besides amber, that inside trunk mounted light also flashes blue (you can see the tray slid forward in the service position in this shot):

http://images60.fotki.com/v778/photos/9/438439/10624833/DSC00383-vi.jpg

We've got to go back there again when they start equipping the Explorers. :cool:

nighthawk756
05-30-2013, 11:39 AM
$93k???????? Wow!!

28HopUp
05-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Cool photos! :thumbsup:

John10608
05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Mike,

I wondered if that WAS the actual car we saw at Fleet Services that day.
It was really close to being that one !
Had a fun time. Fixed wing pilots and a few other officers lined up to take the mustang for a spin on the runway lol

All but one of them had never driven the mustangs. They were gone when they became officers.
One officer ( attached ) could not WAIT to drive it. he loved the mustangs. ( as you can tell by his picture ) he had transfered to another office just to drive the mustangs before they ran out. he got a years worth out of them.

I think 5 officers total drove the mustang at the luncheon. It was pretty neat to get pictures of them in uniform next to the car.
As if it was an actual in service vehicle.

I am taking it to the Trinity River area office ( Weaverville ) for the 4th of July parade there.
guess CHP puts on a big display in that parade and I was asked to display it in that event. ANY TIME i told them.

Lots of fun !

NoDrama43
05-30-2013, 08:06 PM
looks like it was a fun day. car looks great.