PDA

View Full Version : this is the tag off my mustang

poboycable40
06-18-2013, 04:58 PM
My Dad got a car Dealer to rig paper work , in 1986 , so he could get a 86 gt ssp , he paid $26,000 for this car brand new him and me were the only owners of this car , it has 90 thousand miles on it

FoxChassis
06-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Since you're original owners, got any of the original paperwork, e.g. sales order, invoice, owner card, warranty card or extended service plan card, etc. for the the car? Got a pic of the door tag?

poboycable40
06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
yes I am trying to download it now , but I had to resize it , yes I have all the paper work for this car because my father got sick and he couldn't afford to make the payments so disability did that but he sighned it over in my name and when it was paid for I got the title but all the paper work was in the car , The FBI , DEA and local police came in my yard took the fender off the car to match the moter with the vin on title and dash . in the 90's . thought that was strange .

EXNODRAMANOTCH
06-18-2013, 06:12 PM
My fully loaded 1986 Mustang GT convertible only cost $18k new. That price seems a little out of line.

poboycable40
06-18-2013, 06:16 PM
yes this is the door sticker

EXNODRAMANOTCH
06-18-2013, 06:17 PM
You might want to check your photo for legibility before posting it.

poboycable40
06-18-2013, 06:26 PM
better picture

poboycable40
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM
sorry new to this , and the price did seem high , and I remember my father waiting months to get this car , he had a best friend who owned a ford dealership can't understand why it was that high either , but I have paper work in a tub somewhere to prove it , kept it because my Dad died in 94 of parkinsons disease and had a heart attack . I only kept the car because it had sentimental value to me , my Dad was drunk so he let me drive it home and it was the fastest car I ever drove back then , he kept telling me there was only 3 made like that and the law had the other 2 , it was shipped from NY , That's all I can remember , it has been sitting in a building now since 2002 , because the fuel pump went and I stopped driving it .

poboycable40
06-18-2013, 06:45 PM
The one I have is an automatic , was just waundering if any one knew what all the numbers on door sticker or tags mean

FoxChassis
06-18-2013, 09:17 PM
VIN
1FA = Ford vehicle manufactured in USA
B = active belts, no airbags
P = passenger car
28 = Mustang 3-dr hatchback
M = EFI H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
5 = VIN check digit
G = 1986 model year
F = Dearborn Assembly
320080 = 220,080th 1986 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly

Door Tag
Date - 09/86 = September 1986 scheduled build
Exterior Paint Colors - 2A 71 = Medium Canyon Red (2A), Dark Charcoal lower accent paint treatment (71)
DSO - 22 = Charlotte district sales office
Body - 61B = Mustang 3-dr hatchback
Int Trim - PY = cloth Articulated Sport seating (Y), Sand Beige/Buckskin interior color (Y)
Tape - 2 = Dark Charcoal hood stripe, Dark Charcoal "Mustang GT" hatchback decal
R - 6 = electronic search AM/FM stereo cassette
S - D = T-roof
Ax - E = 3.27:1 axle ratio, Traction-Lok limited slip differential
Tr - T = AOD transmission
BB = front springs
TT = rear springs

Buck Tag
MUSTANG
320080 = 220,080th 1986 Ford scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
M = EFI H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
D = T-roof
2769 = rotations # 2769
2A = Medium Canyon Red exterior paint color
TT = tu-tone paint (Dark Charcoal lower accent paint treatment)
DF
ST
AC = manual air conditioner
04 = rear glass with defrost, hatchback liftgate with single wing spoiler
HB = heated backlite (rear defrost)
S = fingertip speed control (cruise control)
GT = GT model/trim level
WD = power side windows (W), power door locks (D)
01 = no hood scoop
EL
-Y = Sand Beige/Buckskin interior trim color
EI = electronic fuel injection
X
NLR

EXNODRAMANOTCH
06-19-2013, 12:20 AM
No such thing as a 1986 hatchback SSP. According to the info you provided you have a Mustang GT hatchback which would have a list price of around $13k (or half of what you claim your dad paid).

FoxChassis
06-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Posted door tag does not show evidence of a special order, of which all SSPs had.

The car was originally ordered through Charlotte, NC sales district so I do not understand why it would have been shipped from NY.

Int Trim - PY = cloth Articulated Sport seating (Y), Sand Beige/Buckskin interior color (Y)

That should have read....

Int Trim - PY = cloth Articulated Sport seating (P), Sand Beige/Buckskin interior color (Y)

ChrisL
06-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Having worked at a car dealer, I know that they will say anything to make a deal. I worked at a higher end dealer where we didn't play games like that as much, but they all do it. As the information shows up there, the car has no special order DSO, which it would have had to have to be anything outside the norm. Still a neat car though.

poboycable40
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Having worked at a car dealer, I know that they will say anything to make a deal. I worked at a higher end dealer where we didn't play games like that as much, but they all do it. As the information shows up there, the car has no special order DSO, which it would have had to have to be anything outside the norm. Still a neat car though. Thanks , I wouldn't realy care anyway , It was my Dad's car , and it has more sentimental value , than any ssp or any other car would have to me , I drove my Dad home , because he was drunk , and we had this car about 120 at least , kept telling my Dad i'll lose my licence , he said I have lawyers let's see what this bitch will do lol

poboycable40
06-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Thank you guys for all the info , This car I used only to go grocery shopping ang stuff for years , and it just has sentimental value to me , wouldn't sell it if it was worth a fortune , my Dad died in 94 and I will keep this car until I die . But thank all of you for the info.

FoxChassis
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
I would still be interested in seeing any original documents/tags you have to go with the car....window sticker, invoice, owner card/metal tag, ESP card, build sheet, etc.

ChrisL
06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Definitely a neat car, and what the tags say or don't say about it doesn't change the cool stories and fun times that were had!

poboycable40
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
This is the car now , It runs like a new one , and here is a picture , going to paint it back to original and have the original rims stored in a box with new goodyear tires in my building , going to polish them and put them back on . The picture of the Man is My Dad and the others are my kids who are all grown now standing in front of it . First picture is how it looks today , and I will go dig out all the paper work on this car from dealership , I still have it all. H bought another one right before this one , nobody saw that car but my mom , he was spinning tires on it in our front yard and he smelled something , jumped and it blew up , I just found a ford cap for it metal detecting at our old house last year . But this car I drove him home from the dealership , and he made my husband ride home in the crown Vitoria he bought her , which still runs to this day too . They don't make cars like that any more