PDA

View Full Version : Mustang 50th Anniversary

mac88chp
07-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Any SSP owners planning to attend either of the MCA 50th celebration events? It's probably not too early to register and start making reservations, etc.

MCA anniversary website

http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/

I'm going to take the CHP to Las Vegas and would like to join a caravan there.

EDIT:

List of Charlotte Attendees:
nighthawk756 - '92 FHP
MOstang - '92 Michigan SP
FoxChassis - ?
Sarge - ?
kapracing - '92 GSP
chp1982 - '82 CHP
dougphillips48 - '93 NCSHP
John Conner - '92 Pennsylvania SP
dpburnett - ?

List of Las Vegas Attendees:

mac88chp - '88 CHP
John S. - '92 CHP
NoDrama43 - '12 GT500
Andy - '85 CHP
Eric - '93 CHP (maybe)
John B. - '93 CHP (maybe)
EXDRAMANOTCH - '93 Nevada HP (maybe)

nighthawk756
07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
We're going....but being on the east coast we're hitting the Charlotte show. We're already registered and have our hotel reservations. ;)

John10608
07-06-2013, 01:56 PM
You make me proud Brad ! LOL Getting reservations so early lol

Mike, I plan on going.
I am checking with a buddy of mine that lives there before I make a hotel reservation. See if he has room or not.

Keep me posted on where you'll be. Should be fun !
Just not looking forward at towing the trailer and car that far both ways uugghhhh lol

Then Ripon shortly after.

nighthawk756
07-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Well, it was a bit earlier than I usually make reservations for stuff like that. But within days of me starting to search hotels, 3 had already sold out so I went ahead and made them while I could. ;)

John10608
07-06-2013, 02:51 PM
I can only imagine how fast Vegas will fill up !!

MOstang
07-06-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm attending the Charlotte (Concord) event and will trailer the Michigan State Police SSP....all registered and have a hotel room booked. As was mentioned, hotels are a hot ticket in that area.

nighthawk756
07-06-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm attending the Charlotte (Concord) event and will trailer the Michigan State Police SSP....all registered and have a hotel room booked. As was mentioned, hotels are a hot ticket in that area.

Looking forward to meeting you Mike and checking out the MSP! :thumbsup:

MOstang
07-06-2013, 06:06 PM
thanks brad...looking forward to meeting you there as well. imagine we'll have a pretty good turnout from SSP'ers.

mac88chp
07-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Mike, I plan on going.
I am checking with a buddy of mine that lives there before I make a hotel reservation. See if he has room or not.

Keep me posted on where you'll be. Should be fun !
Just not looking forward at towing the trailer and car that far both ways uugghhhh lol

Then Ripon shortly after.
John, I'll be driving from the new place in Sonoma County and can meet up with you in the Sacramento area if that works out. I'd prefer to convoy with SSP'ers if possible, even if they are on trailers! :)

I just made my reservations at the Mandalay Bay Resort. I heard it's a real nice place and have always wanted to check it out. Made the reservation from the MCA site using their rates.

John10608
07-07-2013, 04:52 PM
10-4.
I'll look at a travel route and see which way will be best.
Maybe I'll just drive it there too LOL

I usually go through Hotwire, they have some awesome rates.
December we stayed at the Rio ( they have suites for rooms ) at $42.00 a night.
SWEET deal !

Looking forward to the trip !

NoDrama43
07-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Vegas for me. No decision has been made on which car.

:)

FoxChassis
07-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Not an SSP owner but I plan on attending. I need to bring an SSP part that I pick up for an owner. :D

nighthawk756
07-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Not an SSP owner but I plan on attending. I need to bring an SSP part that I pick up for an owner. :D

Charlotte I'm assuming since it's in your backyard?? :D

I look forward to meeting the VIN guru!! :thumbsup:

28HopUp
07-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I will most likely NOT be attending either show in April 2014. Jack will be finishing up his Senior year in HS, and I cannot see getting away for either show a month before he finishes school. However, we may be able to participate in a Summer show after graduation.

FoxChassis
07-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Charlotte I'm assuming since it's in your backyard?? :D

I look forward to meeting the VIN guru!! :thumbsup:
Charlotte, yes. My in-laws live ~20 mi North so we'll probably go in the night before.

I got to do three laps at the 35th show. Maybe again this year? :D

Andy
07-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Viva Las Vegas
http://i41.tinypic.com/ay42a.jpg

SSPCHPSTANG3101
07-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I am seriously entertaining the thought of bringing my 93 CHP Mustang to this event.

Andy
07-11-2013, 05:17 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4f12.jpg

MOstang
07-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I am seriously entertaining the thought of bringing my 93 CHP Mustang to this event.

I say if you're on the fence, go for it...suspect it ill be the largest such event of its kind for the Mustang in the majority of our lifetimes.

Sarge
07-30-2013, 11:19 PM
AWESOME EVENT !!!!

I just looked over the event website and while its not yet complete it does offer a glimpse of things to come.

Funny it mentions the fact that there will never be an event like this until the 100TH Anniversary in 2064 and that those attendees that are 15 years old will be 65 at the next one !! My son will be one of them, he can't wait.

Sarge
07-30-2013, 11:41 PM
I will most likely NOT be attending either show in April 2014. Jack will be finishing up his Senior year in HS, and I cannot see getting away for either show a month before he finishes school. However, we may be able to participate in a Summer show after graduation.

What a shame. You sure theres no way?

I'm taking my son out of school for the event, he's a sophmore in HS. He can't wait and a show like this just can't be missed. He's a good kid with good grades and behaves himself. He will have just turned 16 and hopefully gotten his license. Whatever it costs I am going to get him some laps.These are the things our kids will remember for a lifetime.

When I was 12 my dad took me to see a friend of his up in Nazareth, PA. A guy by the name of Mario, yeah. THAT Mario and he taught me to drive right out back of his house. ( I was a big kid and could easily reach the pedals at 12 ) The next year he invited dad and I to watch him from the pits at Indy. wow. What a memory. Still fresh to this day.

Ten years ago I took my son, then 5 and his two older sisters to their very first concert, none other than the legendary WHO. Paid thru the nose and twisted a few arms to get seats in the pit, center stage. They NEVER forgot it, have been WHO fans ever since.

I realized that all the many hours I was putting in as a LEO was depriving me of my family and they of me. I just went in and pulled the pin. Just like that. We are put on this earth for a very, very short period of time and we need to make the most of it. Working and making money isnt everything. Enjoying time and making memories with those we love is what it's all about, That and tinkering with our SSP's.

John10608
07-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Congrats Sarge !!! You are exactly right on that !!!
Life isn't about money, ( or cell phones ) Cell phones are a terrible epidemic in this country.

I am happy for you ! Enjoy life ! Simple is best !

Congrats !

mac88chp
11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Can we get an update on members headed for Vegas with cars? What I have so far:

Me - '88 CHP
John S. - '92 CHP
Jim Y. - ?
Andy - '85 CHP

Maybes:
Eric - '93 CHP
John B. - '93 CHP

Eric - do you have a read yet on any other SoCal cars coming over?

chp1982
11-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Is there a list for the Charlotte show as well? I heard something about possible group sections in the parking lot. Not sure about the details. I decided that I will be bringing my CHP!

EXNODRAMANOTCH
11-19-2013, 02:59 PM
You can add me to the "maybe" list with the 93 NHP.

Me - '88 CHP
John S. - '92 CHP
Jim Y. - ?
Andy - '85 CHP

Maybes:
Eric - '93 CHP
John B. - '93 CHP

28HopUp
11-19-2013, 04:56 PM
I turned this thread into a Sticky, and modified the first post to include a list of attendees for each shows. We can revise this thread as the event draws closer. :)

nighthawk756
11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I turned this thread into a Sticky, and modified the first post to include a list of attendees for each shows. We can revise this thread as the event draws closer. :)

But you didn't add the guys that said they were going to Charlotte?? Me included....lol :D just messin' with ya Bill!!

28HopUp
11-19-2013, 08:15 PM
What a shame. You sure theres no way?

We shall see. It's too soon to tell at this point...

But you didn't add the guys that said they were going to Charlotte?? Me included....lol :D just messin' with ya Bill!!

Haha! I got busy today and couldn't make the changes for Charlotte. They're added now ;)

FoxChassis
11-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Somebody needs their Jetsonic light bar, so I will be there. :D

kapracing
11-19-2013, 09:16 PM
I too will be at Charlotte with my 92 GSP & hopefully a certain 91 :-)

dougphillips48
11-20-2013, 04:45 PM
I'll be there with my 93 NC SHP. Has anyone contacted the NC Highway Patrol about bringing the cars they have?

John Connor
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
I'll be at Charlotte with my 92 PA SSP.

John

NoDrama43
11-20-2013, 11:10 PM
if i go anywhere it will be vegas. Maybe in the Shelby, or on a plane.

anywhere but Charlotte actually.

nighthawk756
11-20-2013, 11:43 PM
anywhere but Charlotte actually.

Wow........

kapracing
11-20-2013, 11:59 PM
I think Charlotte will be the ultimate! We've got quite a group going... I CAN'T WAIT PERSONALLY :-)

SSPCHPSTANG3101
11-21-2013, 12:30 AM

Me - '88 CHP
John S. - '92 CHP
Jim Y. - ?
Andy - '85 CHP

Maybes:
Eric - '93 CHP
John B. - '93 CHP

Hi Mike, I dont know of any from Southern California who will be attending. I dont believe I will be able to attend due to my Departments vaction scheduling for 2014.

28HopUp
11-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Post #1 has been updated with attendees for each show. We can revise the lists as time passes.

Andy
11-21-2013, 04:13 PM
This is Interesting
It looks like they have two Mustang Club's
in the area?:)
http://www.lasvegascarclubs.com/

chp1982
11-21-2013, 06:21 PM
I think Charlotte will be the ultimate! We've got quite a group going... I CAN'T WAIT PERSONALLY :-)

Me too! Just a few more odds and ends and #0327 will be ready for the trip. Hopefully we can get a caravan going from Atl.

nighthawk756
11-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Me too! Just a few more odds and ends and #0327 will be ready for the trip. Hopefully we can get a caravan going from Atl.

Hopefully! I'll be traveling with a group of about 10 mustangs and we're hoping to grab Bobby on the way. So maybe we can snag you too!! :D

kapracing
11-21-2013, 10:50 PM

Hopefully! I'll be traveling with a group of about 10 mustangs and we're hoping to grab Bobby on the way. So maybe we can snag you too!! :D

Sounds like a good plan to me :-)

John Connor
12-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Well put in for the vaction time today and paid registration fee! We normal can't put in for vacation this far out! But since it involves money the boss said ok. Now to book a room.

nighthawk756
12-03-2013, 04:09 AM
Well put in for the vaction time today and paid registration fee! We normal can't put in for vacation this far out! But since it involves money the boss said ok. Now to book a room.

Good to hear!! ;)

John Connor
12-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Room booked for 5 nights at the Suburban Extended Stay. My membership in the Farm Bureau helped on the rate!
On another note picked up the what I needed to start the body work today.

coupe
12-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm going to try to make this event... depends whether or not I can get some extra vacation time (I'm using several days in January).

kapracing
12-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm going to try to make this event... depends whether or not I can get some extra vacation time (I'm using several days in January).

Good to hear. Hope it works out :-)

bmt336
02-26-2014, 01:09 AM
Been a while since a post. Everyone still planning on attending one of the shows? I'll be in Charlotte. Going up into Tennessee the Sunday before and driving back down toward Charlotte via 3 days on the Blue Ridge Parkway/Tail of the Dragon with a bunch of Shelby guys. I will be easy to spot, look for my black Firebird Formula 'vert. But will be fun. Then back over to Birmingham following my buddy Todd to hang out there a couple of days. Hope to see some folks there. Have to go touch base with the guys at the ford dealership. They were real kind in 2007, hopefully they will be again in August....

NoDrama43
03-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Wow........

yeh....wow....

NoDrama43
03-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Been a while since a post. Everyone still planning on attending one of the shows? I'll be in Charlotte. Going up into Tennessee the Sunday before and driving back down toward Charlotte via 3 days on the Blue Ridge Parkway/Tail of the Dragon with a bunch of Shelby guys. I will be easy to spot, look for my black Firebird Formula 'vert. But will be fun. Then back over to Birmingham following my buddy Todd to hang out there a couple of days. Hope to see some folks there. Have to go touch base with the guys at the ford dealership. They were real kind in 2007, hopefully they will be again in August....

the snapper says hello. :)

nighthawk756
03-02-2014, 05:30 PM
yeh....wow....

Just seemed to be condemning of Charlotte but also pretty vague so I wasn't sure how to take it. Is there something about Charlotte that those of us going need to know?

NoDrama43
03-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Just seemed to be condemning of Charlotte but also pretty vague so I wasn't sure how to take it. Is there something about Charlotte that those of us going need to know?

Not a condemning of Charlotte at all. I am sure it will be a blast.

nighthawk756
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Not a condemning of Charlotte at all. I am sure it will be a blast.

Ahh ok, I just misunderstood then. Don't mind me, just passing through! Haha :D

kapracing
03-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Getting Closer...

kapracing
03-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Who all from .net will be attending Charlotte?

nighthawk756
03-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Who all from .net will be attending Charlotte?

Count me in! :D

28HopUp
03-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Despite my strong desire to attend, it is just not possible for me or the family to go to Charlotte. :No no: I am sure there will be plenty of pictures, so have fun everyone. :)

nighthawk756
03-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Despite my strong desire to attend, it is just not possible for me or the family to go to Charlotte. :No no: I am sure there will be plenty of pictures, so have fun everyone. :)

I hate to hear it Bill but I understand. Was hoping to meet you, but we will down the road at some point!

dpburnett
03-24-2014, 07:15 AM

Same from me Bill. I was keen to meet you in person and to thank you for your advice and help with my search for a car.

Dave

cbrajt1
03-24-2014, 03:35 PM
you guys are all killing me here, Charlotte, Vegas, while I sit up here in Ontario Canada starring at the snow wishing I could attend, but Charlotte is 1400 miles and Vegas 4100, so flying would be one option, but i guess I'll just look for all the pics you guys will post later :D

MOstang
03-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Rob - You could take one day to drive into Motown and then a day caravan with me down to Charlotte :). We'd be one heck of a sight to see :thumbsup:. Registration is back open, LOL.

Andy
03-29-2014, 10:54 PM
I Know about Las Vegas
we have driven to and through Las Vegas stayed
In and just outside of Las Vegas many times since 1989
and have attended a annual car event on Fremont Street till the event
moved to Reno and then out of the State of Nevada
I know about the Charlotte show, but i know nothing about Charlotte!
Vegas is the only place I Know
If someone wants to start a Charlotte event thread related to
the lay of the land and what to expect....that would be good!
About Las Vegas! we may or may not be attending because of a conflict
with the date, but every attempt to attend is in the works.
con artist, pick pockets and off the strip robbery's are common place
Not registering for event (not sure we can go)
means we will be forced to stay off site
and maybe in a nearby city (still good) but you should be aware
of the dangers of the Down Town area.
You will see a large Police Presence in the down town area
and allot that you will not see.
Men get out those 80's fanny packs because you will want to have your
valuables attached to and in front of you
also have a secondary zipper lock and a secondary
attaching point because they (the bad guys) will be working as a team
click and rip!
wife and or girl friend or both (this is Vegas)
NO over the shoulder Bags!
Slot machines are everywhere (even at the airport)
The hotel you are staying at will offer all kinds a perks to keep you
and your money at their hotel.
Some areas of Vegas allows open containers (drinking on the street)
so expect drunks all about!
Stay with and in your group. Most all this Heads Up stuff applies
primarily to after dark because
that is when Vegas pops and the your attention will be
distracted by the light's and sounds. The bad guys (and girls) are
professionals at their trade and they will spot a tourist.
Some of the smaller town's that are a short drive from Vegas like
Henderson and Boulder City are good alternatives to Down Town.
LV is just like any other large town USA
Wall-mart and fast food what not's like any town USA
allot a pawn shops, Elvis impersonators And car stuff!
Be safe and and have fun!
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
and you want to return home safe.

Andy
03-31-2014, 12:16 AM
And what ever you do
DO NOT have eye contact with OR
talk to the
Barrel Monsterhttp://i60.tinypic.com/358pj68.jpg

chp1982
03-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Is there any sort of breakdown by day, who is attending the Charlotte show? I was shooting for Saturday but will only be able to attend on Friday as of right now. Hopefully there's a good showing.

bmt336
04-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I am getting into Charlotte on Wednesday with my buddies Todd and Frank. Not in main hotel but one next door. Will stay until Sunday afternoon. I will be easy to spot, most very likely the only Firebird Formula convertible. If you see more than one, mine is black...lol.

28HopUp
04-02-2014, 06:41 AM
And what ever you do
DO NOT have eye contact with OR
talk to the Barrel Monster

http://i60.tinypic.com/358pj68.jpg

Nice one, Andy! :D

cbrajt1
04-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Rob - You could take one day to drive into Motown and then a day caravan with me down to Charlotte :). We'd be one heck of a sight to see :thumbsup:. Registration is back open, LOL.

As good as the offer sounds Mike, unfortunately I'm out, even after the generous offer from CHP, can't make it, I'm sure all .net guys and gals will take tons of pics for me

FoxChassis
04-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Well, the week is upon us. I have Friday off from work so I might head to Charlotte that afternoon (staying about 20 minutes from the track at in-laws house). Not sure I'll be going to the show on Friday though. Probably Saturday for most of the day, we'll see about that though as I'll have my wife and son with me. Maybe Sunday too, not sure yet. If anybody from here wants to get up with me at the show send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers.

kapracing
04-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Well, the week is upon us. I have Friday off from work so I might head to Charlotte that afternoon (staying about 20 minutes from the track at in-laws house). Not sure I'll be going to the show on Friday though. Probably Saturday for most of the day, we'll see about that though as I'll have my wife and son with me. Maybe Sunday too, not sure yet. If anybody from here wants to get up with me at the show send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers.

PM sent

John10608
04-14-2014, 09:41 PM
We are just leaving for vegas ! Car is trailered and heading out. 12 hour drive, but a fun road trip !

For all of those that are going to either Vegas or Charlotte, Have fun !
Get lots of pictures ! And Drive Safe !!

Should be for a fun time.

Have fun, will talk to everyone later.
John

mac88chp
04-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Have a safe trip John and we'll see you there!

We're gearing up now to head out early Wednesday morning but there's been a last minute change up in plans. Due to multiple circumstances, we've decided the CHP car is best left home so the '08 Bullitt is getting called up for road trip duty. Still hugely excited about attending the event and also in having a nice, relaxing vacation in the desert and we can't wait to hit the road!

dpburnett
04-15-2014, 11:13 PM
We got into Charlotte late last night / early this morning and checked into the hotel. We found a few signs and posters up about the show, but a quick drive around tonight after dinner turned up a strong mustang showing in the various car parks.

My 9 year old daughter even figured out the difference between a late model Shelby and a Saleen - I couldn't be prouder!

Sarge
04-16-2014, 02:20 AM
Good Morning !
I'm up at o dark thirty packing my seabag for Charlotte.
Will be departing Philly late evening Wednesday night
Expect to arrive Charlotte mid morning, Anyone heading
down from the New England - Mid Atlantic area ?
Has anyone formed a members meet-up area?

dpburnett
04-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Good Morning !
I'm up at o dark thirty packing my seabag for Charlotte.
Will be departing Philly late evening Wednesday night
Expect to arrive Charlotte mid morning, Anyone heading
down from the New England - Mid Atlantic area ?
Has anyone formed a members meet-up area?

I was just going to head fore the M.O.R.E. area.

Just picked up my pass and goodies bag. Big line up but really easy. A GSP with Georgia plates (PIF8943) was in the parking area. My first SSP in the flesh!

kapracing
04-16-2014, 06:02 PM
I was just going to head fore the M.O.R.E. area.

Just picked up my pass and goodies bag. Big line up but really easy. A GSP with Georgia plates (PIF8943) was in the parking area. My first SSP in the flesh!

That'd been mine :cool:

chp1982
04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Heading to Charlotte tomorrow morning. Due to some unforeseen last minute events that took place I am not bringing the SSP. I will be in my '92 conv't though. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

damon23
04-17-2014, 06:22 PM
I'll be leaving in the morning myself. Around 4am to be exact. Leaving from Douglasville. I'll be in my 89 Almond convertible.

kapracing
04-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Be safe ,
We've got a pretty good crowd building so far :yes:

87TXDPS
04-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Bobby nice pic, Wife and I will be flyin in Sat. morning, headed straight to speedway. Will SSP Net gang be together? Where?

kapracing
04-17-2014, 07:53 PM
.net & .org group are together in front of the main entrance to speed way (across from gate 5 entrance).

kapracing
04-18-2014, 08:01 PM
SSP's lined up for cruise :cool:

I'm sure glad we got regulated to the front!!!!

I'd had to sit this one out if not ! LOL

NoDrama43
04-18-2014, 08:25 PM
looks cold with all the winter coats people are wearing....

just checked the weather......49 degrees in Charlotte at 8pm with rain on the way. It is warmer up here in Ohio..WTH?

kapracing
04-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Yep
Cool and dreary this evening,
Rain tomorrow morning too...

John10608
04-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Enjoy that cool weather ! It's 90+ here, dry and windy, My nose and throat feel like they are going to close up.

My SSP is the only marked LE SSP, if not the ONLY SSP at all here in Vegas.
Some really nice fox bodies here, but I haven't seen any other SSP's and my car os for sure the only marked unit here at the show.

Love the turn out back there !! Your cars look great !
Mine looks a little out of place out here ! LOL I'm out numbered !

I had a reporter for USA Today ( Los Angeles ) do a photo and video interview with me and the car. It was pretty fun !

Great time here ! Richard Petty driving school was booked up for driving, so we had to step down and do a ride along, it was still awesome at 165 MPH around Vegas Speedway, 3 laps. I've driven twice here.

Elvis has been putting on a hell of a show on Fremont Street every night !!!
lol Haven't seen the traffic cone monster, but I will get a picture of the tire monster tomorrow, he doesn't appear threatening at this time, remaining off the sidewalk ! LOL

Have fun everyone !!

P.S............................. We got hitched while here at the top of the Sratosphere lol

nighthawk756
04-19-2014, 01:36 AM
Congrats John on getting hitched! Congrats on the USA Today story also! Let us know when the story comes out. ;)

Can't believe you're the only marked ssp there at vegas?

NoDrama43
04-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Enjoy that cool weather ! It's 90+ here, dry and windy, My nose and throat feel like they are going to close up.

My SSP is the only marked LE SSP, if not the ONLY SSP at all here in Vegas.
Some really nice fox bodies here, but I haven't seen any other SSP's and my car os for sure the only marked unit here at the show.

Love the turn out back there !! Your cars look great !
Mine looks a little out of place out here ! LOL I'm out numbered !

I had a reporter for USA Today ( Los Angeles ) do a photo and video interview with me and the car. It was pretty fun !

Great time here ! Richard Petty driving school was booked up for driving, so we had to step down and do a ride along, it was still awesome at 165 MPH around Vegas Speedway, 3 laps. I've driven twice here.

Elvis has been putting on a hell of a show on Fremont Street every night !!!
lol Haven't seen the traffic cone monster, but I will get a picture of the tire monster tomorrow, he doesn't appear threatening at this time, remaining off the sidewalk ! LOL

Have fun everyone !!

P.S............................. We got hitched while here at the top of the Sratosphere lol

One SSP? excellent.....and I am sure you are representing our hobby well! Enjoy the show and post up some pictures. How is the weather there?

John Connor
04-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Here is a link to the SSP's pulling out for the cruse.

http://youtu.be/ZFg5Y-UPK24

kapracing
04-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Congrats John on getting hitched! Congrats on the USA Today story also! Let us know when the story comes out. ;)

Can't believe you're the only marked ssp there at vegas?

X's 2

Here is a link to the SSP's pulling out for the cruse.

SWEET !

kapracing
04-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Just a few that showed up for the cruise :rolleyes:

NoDrama43
04-19-2014, 10:59 AM
really like that North Carolina car leading......is that the State's car? what year is it?

kapracing
04-19-2014, 11:18 AM
really like that North Carolina car leading......is that the State's car? what year is it?

It's nice,
I'm told they did not run the Edges but it looks good on there :D
It's Greg Sullins owner of "Classic Auto Rides" the same one that sold Sam Cox's GSP that the Powells have now.

E435300_SMPV
04-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey John you made it!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/19/highway-patrol-mustang/7886181/

John Connor
04-19-2014, 03:57 PM

It is a 93. The black unmarked beside or it is also an NC car and the VIN's are like 8 apart.

MOstang
04-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Congrats John on the article. :rock:

NoDrama43
04-19-2014, 04:08 PM
It is a 93. The black unmarked beside or it is also an NC car and the VIN's are like 8 apart.

ok thanks

AND nice video clip !!!! way to represent not only us current and retired po-po but the hobby as well. Nicely done.

kapracing
04-19-2014, 04:21 PM
The black car is also a NCHP .
It is Doug Phillips...

mbe2598
04-19-2014, 04:37 PM
To help all understand this cruise. UN-official count on total Mustangs is 1192 and count is still being performed. Exact number will take several days to count the paper work. This cruise was to benefit Wounded Warrior Family Support and was called the WWFS Cruise. Yes, this is a World record number of cars for a cruise as it was set in 2008 at 682 vehicles. The caravan was 6-7 miles. The SSP where the first to park at Kannapolis, NC and the last car in the procession was still leaving the Charlotte Raceways. All participants registered their vehicle and paid $15.00 to take part. All of this registration fee, 100% is being donated to WWFS along with other funds collected at other Mustang events. (1192 cars X 15.00 =$17,880.00) by the local Carolina Mustang Club. We had a total of 22 SSP participating with LE to make this a very safe venture. There was over a year in the planning, and wish to thank everyone who participated as I have heard many very favorable comments on the SSP cars participation. As the on site representative for WWFS for this event, I can not tell you how proud I am of the SSP's and the impact of this event.

Jim Doiron
WWFS High five Tour Driver / Representative
1993 FHP #381

FoxChassis
04-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Made out to the Charlotte show Saturday morning. What a rainy cold mess it was. Had to drop a part off to a friend that is restoring an FHP and then we walked the inside for a couple of hours. Only ones I got to meet in person were Sarge and his son Eric(sp?), but hope to see more tonight at the dinner.

Good job on the cruise, with so many cars raising so much money for the Wounded Warrior Family Support.

Some know and some do not, but I almost did not make it to the show at all this weekend. I found out Monday night that I had a kidney stone but I was able to pass it in time to go.

kapracing
04-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Glad your doing better Mick,
And look forward to meeting you in person tonight!

mac88chp
04-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Hey John you made it!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/19/highway-patrol-mustang/7886181/Way to go John...excellent!

And a big congrats to you and Debbie. :)

FoxChassis
04-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Had a great time at the dinner with everyone. Glad to meet lots of nice people. Big thank you to Dave (DJP55) for the dinner and the hat. :) You all have a safe trip home and I'll see you online.

MOstang
04-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Awesome job, Jim and nice to finally meet you Mick.

kapracing
04-19-2014, 11:54 PM
I also enjoyed meeting everyone! It's really great to now be able to put faces with user names. This has to be my favorite show of all time... Hope to have more like this one:D everyone have a safe trip home and a blessed Easter Sunday ;)

John10608
04-20-2014, 02:03 AM
LOLOL That is funny ! Thanks for posting Ken ! I haven't seen it or gotten the link from the reporter yet, you guys rock !

Get this............... I was just leaving the speedway this afternoon, so on my way out the back way, I pulled into the Richard Petty driving School area. I was ther last mustang allowed to line up and do hot laps around Las Vegas Speedway !!!! What a KICK ! I can't tell you how fun that was !

I got to do about 12 laps total. Code 3, even using the siren now and then LOLOL I was able to get to 102 without passing ( passing was not allowed on the track ) You talk about fun !!!

Once in a lifetime on that ! They thanked all of us for coming when we were exiting the track. I can not believe it.

Of course leaving the pits, I had to burn out and get sideways etc lololol

I was not prepared, no camera or GoPro. I am hoping 2 contacts that did take pictures will email me those that they took.
What a rush !!!

Once I get home, I'll post a few pictures of the event here.
Thanks for posting that article and video !

Thanks for the congrats on getting Married also ! It's been fun here !
I am still on a high from driving around the speedway, I can't sleep LOLOL

Thanks you guys !!

NoDrama43
04-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Made out to the Charlotte show Saturday morning. What a rainy cold mess it was. Had to drop a part off to a friend that is restoring an FHP and then we walked the inside for a couple of hours. Only ones I got to meet in person were Sarge and his son Eric(sp?), but hope to see more tonight at the dinner.

Good job on the cruise, with so many cars raising so much money for the Wounded Warrior Family Support.

Some know and some do not, but I almost did not make it to the show at all this weekend. I found out Monday night that I had a kidney stone but I was able to pass it in time to go.

Mick those kidney stones are a pain for sure. Glad you are feeling better as I am sure the crappy weather didn't help any.

John a GO-PRO on the passenger side head rest is a must have for those types of events. Glad you got to partake in track event.

chp1982
04-20-2014, 09:21 PM
The youtube clip was marked private. Would like to see that. We were there on Friday and saw one blk/wht with red interior SSP and Aaron's AL car. We left as right before the rain moved in.

Please post some pics/videos!

kapracing
04-20-2014, 09:25 PM
The youtube clip was marked private. Would like to see that. We were there on Friday and saw one blk/wht with red interior SSP and Aaron's AL car. We left as right before the rain moved in.

Please post some pics/videos!

Jon,
First sorry to miss you...
Second that was David Matthews AL DPS. One on the original carport cars ( no he was not the owner back then)...

Third I'm having the same problem with clip...

cbrajt1
04-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Hey John you made it!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/19/highway-patrol-mustang/7886181/

Great video from USAToday, congrats on everyone enjoying themselves during the 50th, keep the pics and videos coming...only marked SSP in Vegas, WOW!!!

mac88chp
04-20-2014, 10:43 PM
LOLOL That is funny ! Thanks for posting Ken ! I haven't seen it or gotten the link from the reporter yet, you guys rock !

Get this............... I was just leaving the speedway this afternoon, so on my way out the back way, I pulled into the Richard Petty driving School area. I was ther last mustang allowed to line up and do hot laps around Las Vegas Speedway !!!! What a KICK ! I can't tell you how fun that was !

I got to do about 12 laps total. Code 3, even using the siren now and then LOLOL I was able to get to 102 without passing ( passing was not allowed on the track ) You talk about fun !!!

Once in a lifetime on that ! They thanked all of us for coming when we were exiting the track. I can not believe it.

Of course leaving the pits, I had to burn out and get sideways etc lololol

I was not prepared, no camera or GoPro. I am hoping 2 contacts that did take pictures will email me those that they took.
What a rush !!!

Once I get home, I'll post a few pictures of the event here.
Thanks for posting that article and video !

Thanks for the congrats on getting Married also ! It's been fun here !
I am still on a high from driving around the speedway, I can't sleep LOLOL

Thanks you guys !!Wow, wish we could have gotten in on some of that action! Sorry we missed you yesterday at the track John. We waited around for the organizers to get their act together enough to put on the last-minute announced parade laps. But we ran out of steam before that happened and decided to retreat back to the hotel for the rest of the day.

28HopUp
04-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Despite the iffy weather in NC, it sounds like both shows were a blast. I hope the attendees can post up more photos once they get caught up on their rest after a busy weekend. :)

Sarge
04-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Here's a few pics at Charlotte.

NoDrama43
04-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Wow...that weather was for sure not condusive to car shows.....

kapracing
04-23-2014, 01:38 PM
We didn't even go Saturday. Rained almost the whole time, from Friday evening until sometime in the middle of the night Saturday... Glad we got there Tuesday :D

nighthawk756
04-23-2014, 03:17 PM
We didn't even go Saturday. Rained almost the whole time, from Friday evening until sometime in the middle of the night Saturday... Glad we got there Tuesday :D

Yep, still wish Saturday would've been nice. I still didn't get to see half of the cars I wanted to.

kapracing
04-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Yep, still wish Saturday would've been nice. I still didn't get to see all the cars I wanted to see.

Yep I agree, A lot of the Vendors were gone Sunday also Brad... Hopefully the weather will be better next time :rolleyes:

nighthawk756
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Yep I agree, A lot of the Vendors were gone Sunday also Brad... Hopefully the weather will be better next time :rolleyes:

Maybe Savannah will be good weather. Fingers crossed! :D

mac88chp
04-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Despite the iffy weather in NC, it sounds like both shows were a blast. I hope the attendees can post up more photos once they get caught up on their rest after a busy weekend. :)Here's a few Vegas pics from my camera:

We parked our Bullitt with the Bosses and Bullitts up behind the Shelbys in the MORE parking area on Thursday AM:

http://images51.fotki.com/v628/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04852-vi.jpg

The Mustang Club of France's contingent of rental rides:

http://images51.fotki.com/v299/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04858-vi.jpg

The Swiss were there too:

http://images107.fotki.com/v780/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04861-vi.jpg

Man, this is Mustang dedication:

http://images16.fotki.com/v378/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04874-vi.jpg

Not too much love for the II's but Suzanne takes an interest in this '78. She owned an original '77 Cobra II with a 302 back in the day.:

http://images60.fotki.com/v224/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04882-vi.jpg

John S.'s '92 CHP:

http://images19.fotki.com/v275/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04877-vi.jpg

The Wounded Warrior Mustang arrives from Charlotte on Saturday mid-day:

http://images108.fotki.com/v1623/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC05032-vi.jpg

Gotta love those Saleens:

http://images16.fotki.com/v387/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04831-vi.jpg

This '69 had the most bad-ass stance of any Mustang I saw:

http://images51.fotki.com/v278/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04835-vi.jpg

At the Shelby Gala on Friday evening:

http://images108.fotki.com/v1629/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04956-vi.jpg

http://images60.fotki.com/v370/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04958-vi.jpg

http://images19.fotki.com/v276/photos/9/438439/12969795/DSC04970-vi.jpg

Yoo-hoo!, I won an official Shelby Cobra jacket at the California Mustang raffle on Saturday:

http://images60.fotki.com/v361/photos/9/438439/12968071/9639301_2786117649292020796_n1-vi.jpg

All my photos here:

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/car_shows__events/50th-mustang-celebration/

John10608
04-23-2014, 11:49 PM
The Vegas Tire Monster. Harmless.

John10608
04-24-2014, 12:03 AM
I can't compete when it comes to pictures when Mike takes them and posts them !!! lol He's good !
So I'll add a couple different shots of the main entrance etc.

John10608
04-24-2014, 12:08 AM
I can't forget to pass on one picture of one other event that happened in Vegas while I was there. LOL

mac88chp
04-24-2014, 10:49 PM
John, did you get a photo of Elvis presiding over the ceremony? :D

John10608
04-25-2014, 12:43 PM
LOLOL Elvis was " Out of the building ! " No Elvis for us !
But, Thank you....... thank you very much !!

lol

He was too busy singing every night on stage under the Fremont experience.
He wasn't too bad either !

mac88chp
04-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Elvis was busy before showtime on Friday evening. On the way to the Shelby bash we spotted him officiating at a fairly large wedding on Las Vegas Blvd under the famous "Las Vegas" sign. :D

nighthawk756
04-25-2014, 01:48 PM
LOLOL Elvis was " Out of the building ! " No Elvis for us !
But, Thank you....... thank you very much !!

lol

He was too busy singing every night on stage under the Fremont experience.
He wasn't too bad either !

Guess he was going for the later "heavier" Elvis?? :D

kapracing
04-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Guess he was going for the later "heavier" Elvis?? :D

If so he nailed it pretty good :eek:

John10608
04-25-2014, 06:14 PM
LOL yeah, he was starting to push the " Fat Pack " instead of the " Rat Pack " lol but...... he was darn good at singing like him, acting like him and has his moves down pretty good.

I saw the other Elvis at the famous sign also that same day. The photographer was waiting for him when we got our pictures taken under it.
He drove up in a..... You guessed it.......Cadillac !

lol

There's a whole lotta shakin goin on ! lolol

Ohhh gpt my picture taken with Jack Nicholson also !! He was at the Fremont Experience !

Sarge
04-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Here's a few pics at Charlotte.
Not sure why they are only linking and not opening

EXNODRAMANOTCH
04-27-2014, 02:11 PM
It's hard to tell from the photos, but are your door graphics over the top of the door side trim? The door side trim was deleted from the factory on NHP SSPs.