PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mr. Dillinger

predator20
08-08-2007, 06:18 PM
A few weeks ago I found out who was the original owner of my '86 FHP. Wanting to know more info about the car I researched some more and found a current address. No phone number was listed, so I was stuck mailing a letter. I didn't think I would ever hear anything back from him. This morning I checked my e-mail and there was a message from him with a brief history about the car. Here is a shortened message of it.

Brian,

I must admit that I was quite surprised to have received your letter! For you are the fortunate owner of "Rita." This was the name coined for her by my brother and long time owner of the vehicle. He loved that car like no other and regularly asked about her. Her history goes like this: I purchased her at live public auction in Lakeland, I believe in 89 or early 90? She was one of appx. 26 Mustangs looking for new homes. I carefully inspected (or what you could do) each and every one rating them in categories of Engine, Clutch, A/C, Tires, etc. Rita was one of the best out there and I bought her that day. Not sure what I paid, but believe it was something like $3400?

My intention was to play with her and turn her for a profit, but my brother feel in love with her and soon after became the new owner. She went threw Hell and back a few times but always came back for more. He may have an old picture or two. I will include him on this e-mail and let him contact you. Sorry no clue on which troop or trooper drove the car, but I would think you may be able to find with some more digging? I guess the only other thing I can say is that when I sold it to a local kid (by the name of Danny) here in Tally 8 years or so ago, it had the original Engine, Tranny, Rear End & Hoses from when I bought it years earlier. Was an electrical mess though! Had to replace batteries and alternators regularly? Well I hope that is helpful and you enjoy the car as much as we did. If we ever get rich (and in need of multiple vehicles) maybe we will buy it back from you someday!
Good luck with her!

Sincerely,

S Dillinger

FHP813
08-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Very cool, I wonder if he's related to John??:D It's always cool to find whatever history you can on your car.:thumbsup:

jarhed123
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Good for you!!

FlyinTiger
08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I looks like you stirred up fond memories for him. I hope he comes through with some old pictures of your Rita. :D

predator20
08-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I looks like you stirred up fond memories for him. I hope he comes through with some old pictures of your Rita. :D

Yeah I got a name for the car now. Hearing from him really helped fill in the blanks.

ImEvil1
08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
+1 ...Hope he is able to find you a pic or two. I was at an auction in Lakeland in '89, and one in Barstow, too. I can't remember which one, but one of them had a lone '86 for sale (the rest were aero-nose). It was the only 4-eyed car I remember seeing back then. :)